IGNORED

Why spell G-d like this?

MooseGirl

Guest kitkat

No matter how using God written as G-d came about, it takes the same amount of effort to type out God using an o as it does a -. :laugh: I prefer to type it and spell it the way the Bible does.

Kat

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/24/1952

Various sects believe that to take the name of God in vain is a deadly sin.  Therefore you do not say it or spell it in idle conversation.

Who more than a born again Christian possessed of the Holy Ghost may use the name of God in any conversational context? First of all, the NAME (proper noun) of God is Jesus Christ according to the Bible... "You shall call his name Jesus." Also, it strains understanding to consider that a Christian is able to use the NAME of God in conversation without that conversation being somehow BLESSED by the utterance of that name. My view on using the name of GOD in conversation is perfectly permissable as no one other than a Christian has the obligation and the duty to voice the NAME of GOD to unbelievers. It is specious to suggest that the use of the NAME of GOD is to be avoided. To use it in vain means to use it without appropriate purpose. The PURPOSE of the Christian is to give GLORY to the NAME OF GOD> Jesus Christ.

As for not wishing to offend anyone, no matter how minor the sect, this is not only impossible, but faintly smells of false courtesy and patronization.

If one wishes to follow the path of appeasement to every special slant in Christiandom, then ANY kind of position is impossible to promote in public. Lets not emasculate honest Christian chutzpah in those so brazon as to use the NAME of GOD in public. Blessed be His NAME forevermore. May it be shouted on every tongue under heaven.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Greetings All,

I don't often apologize, as you all know, but I do at times when an argument is presented that I cannot refute. For many years now I have been inundated with the "Sacred Namers", and it is to them I responded, but I see Yod's and WIP's et al, POV and I respect it. A question was asked and I responded. It is basically how I see it, but NOT to disrespect those who are not oppressing me with their POV or requiring me to follow after them. I am fed up with that group as you can tell, but I sincerely apologize if I have offended ANYONE else by my last post. I ask your forgiveness. I will try to do better.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Awww, Dad Ernie, thank you so much for saying that. Your apology has humbled me and encouraged me to be careful of how I say things too. It takes a real man to apologize. Thanks again. :laugh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

• Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

maybe we could ask God how He prefers it spelled... :x:

• Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  797
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  08/18/1989

oh...you are just a stupid jerk.

I don't think that was very nice....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Rather than the correct spelling of His name, more importantly is what does He mean to us?

• Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  797
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  08/18/1989

Rather than the correct spelling of His name, more importantly is what does He mean to us?

Amen!!

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

it wasn't until recently ( the past few years or so) that I have been seeing this done........

it looks to some one that may not know the reasoning behind it may think of it being a vulgar word with out coming out and saying it........

even I thought it was a way to say that vulgar word on a message board or chat room with out getting into trouble....

I still see it from time to time when I have to stop and reset the context of what was being said......

anyways....... teaching some one about God is not using His name in vain....

just saying His name with out reason, is....

mike