IGNORED

The origin of the Seal of Solomon (commonly called the Satr of David)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

You believe the Bible prophecies Judas Iscariot coming back from the dead? I'm trying to form a gracious reply, but I am so puzzled at how you could have come up with most bizarre idea that I am befuddled. How in the world did you get "Judas Iscariot" out of the prophesies?

By studying the scriptures.

Satan entered only one man in scripture:

Luke 22:3 (NASB95)

3 And Satan entered into Judas who was called Iscariot, belonging to the number of the twelve.

John 13:26-27 (NASB95)

26 Jesus then answered, “That is the one for whom I shall dip the morsel and give it to him.” So when He had dipped the morsel, He took and gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot.

27 After the morsel, Satan then entered into him. Therefore Jesus said to him, “What you do, do quickly.”

This was the go-for-broke point in all history, the devil thought... to end the life of the Son of God when he was at his most vulnerable, the devil thought... which would seal his victory over God, the devil thought... so he inhabited Judas Iscariot to insure Jesus was betrayed and turned over to the Romans to be executed. A desperate move considering:

Jude 6 (KJV)

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Upon the death of the host the demon possessor would go into the abyss. So he must have been desperate. And the so-called remorse of Judas (when he threw the silver coins at the priests) was rather Satan in Judas trying to undo what he had done once he apparently realized he'd been duped that the Messiah's sacrificial death was God's plan all along. And the man Judas could not live with the raging demon inside anymore than the herd of swine could (Matthew 8:32). And he killed himself.

Acts 1:25 (KJV)

25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

Revelation 20:1-3 (KJV)

1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

We know that little season as the 70th Week of Daniel (seven years).

Furthermore...

John 17:12 (KJV)

12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 (KJV)

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Now ask yourself. When the Antichrist (false messiah) comes on the world scene... he will fool people into thinking he is the Christ... not just average people but Jews and people of other religions and atheists and skeptics and agnostics...

Revelation 13:1-4 (KJV)

1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

The deadly wound was healed and the world wondered after the beast. Scientists, dyed in the wool atheists, and Jews who would never leave Judaism under any circumstance will be convinced by this. Some have predicted the two witnesses in Revelation 11 could be Moses, Elijah, or Enoch... all of which are long dead. But to suggest Judas Iscariot inhabited by Satan could not rise again (even though the next several verses in Revelation 13 explain these abilities are given to him) theologians and most who hear of this tend to pooh pooh it. But if he were to rise from the dead and to scientifically prove he is who he says he is... everyone in the world would believe him and lap up everything he has to say... that is, everyone but Holy Spirit indwelt Christians and Messianics.

Matthew 24:24 (KJV)

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

John DB,

some of your early premises need to be address:

how do you support "Israel is the vehicle through which God is (riding) getting rid of sin in the world"?

why does Dan. 9 support the above?

I suppose the 'getting rid' might also mean or might have meant that the core ethics do limit sin in society where they (say, the 10 commands) are known. sort of the Rom. 2 effect of it being 'written on their minds.'

But Dan. 9 is about the work of Christ/Messiah at the time mentioned. He was cut off but not for himself, ie, the substitute death for mankind, which justifies those who believes. If you meant this, fine.

--Inter

Read the verse again:

Daniel 9:24 (KJV)

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Seventy weeks are determined

upon thy people

and upon thy holy city,

1. to finish the transgression,

2. to make an end of sins,

3. to make reconciliation for iniquity,

4. to bring in everlasting righteousness,

5. to seal up the vision and prophecy,

6. to anoint the most Holy.

It does not limit the scope of any of this to just in Israel or just on Earth except that through the Jewish people and Jerusalem these eternal bullet points would be achieved.

I admit it doesn't prove your case that is is the Star of David. [seal of sholmo as you call it].

From the Jewish Encyclopedia

SOLOMON, SEAL OF:

The legend that Solomon possessed a seal ring on which the name of God was engraved and by means of which he controlled the demons is related at length in Giṭ. 68a, b. This legend is especially developed by Arabic writers, who declare that the ring, on which was engraved "the Most Great Name of God," and which was given to Solomon from heaven, was partly brass and partly iron. With the brass part of the ring Solomon signed his written commands to the good genii, and with the iron part he signed his commands to the evil genii, or devils. The Arabic writers declare also that Solomon received four jewels from four different angels, and that he set them in one ring, so that he could control the four elements. The legend that Asmodeus once obtained possession of the ring and threw it into the sea, and that Solomon was thus deprived of his power until he discovered the ring inside a fish (Jellinek, "B. H." ii. 86-87), also has an Arabic source (comp. D'Herbelot, "Bibliothèque Orientale," s.v. "Soliman ben Daoud"; Fabricius, "Codex Pseudepigraphicus," i. 1054; and see Solomon in Arabic Literature). The legend of a magic ring by means of which the possessor could exorcise demons was current in the first century, as is shown by Josephus' statement ("Ant." viii. 2, § 5) that one Eleazar exorcised demons in the presence of Vespasian by means of a ring, using incantations composed by Solomon Fabricius (l.c.) thinks that the legend of the ring of Solomon thrown into the sea and found afterward inside a fish is derived from the story of the ring of Polycrates, a story which is related by Herodotus (iii. 41 et seq.), Strabo (xiv. 638), and others, and which was the basis of Schiller's poem "Der Ring des Polykrates."

The Arabs afterward gave the name of "Solomon's seal" to the six-pointed star-like figure (see Magen, Dawid) engraved on the bottom of their drinking-cups. It is related in the "Arabian Nights" (ch. xx.) that Sindbad, in his seventh voyage, presented Harun al-Rashid cup on which the "table of Solomon" was represented; and Lane thinks that this was the figure of "Solomon's seal" (note 93 to ch. xx. of his translation of the "Arabian Nights"). In Western legends, however, it is the pentacle, or "druid's foot," that represents the seal. This figure, called by Bishop Kennet the "pentangle" of Solomon, was supposed to have the power of driving away demons. Mephistopheles says to Faust that he is prevented from entering the house by the druid's foot ("Drudenfuss"), or pentagram, which guards the threshold ("Faust," in Otto Devrient's edition, part i., scene 6). The work entitled "Claviculæ Salomonis" contains treatises on all kinds of pentacles. The tradition of Solomon's seal was the basis of Büschenthal's tragedy "Der Siegelring Salomonis," specimens of which are given in "Bikkure ha-'Ittim," v. 3 et seq. (German part). A work regarding a magic signet-ring is ascribed to Solomon (see Solomon, Apocryphal Works of). See also Asmodeus; Solomon in Rabbinical Literature.

http://en.wikipedia....Seal_of_Solomon

The recent expunging of the Seal of Solomon of its actual Solomon ties and contemporary affiliation (there used to be volumes online on the subject) is betrayed by the fact that if it does not go back to Solomon it certainly cannot go back to David (whose Star it is supposed to be).

A Jewish Orthodox internet website tells us: “The Magen David (shield of David, or as it is more commonly known, the Star of David) is the symbol most commonly associated with Judaism today, but it is actually a relatively new Jewish symbol. It is supposed to represent the shape of King David’s shield (or perhaps the emblem on it), but there is really no support for that claim in any early rabbinic literature. In fact, the symbol is so rare in early Jewish literature and artwork that art dealers suspect forgery if they find the symbol in early works.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Wicca%20&%20Witchcraft/star_of_david.htm

666 is found in 1 Kings.

1 Kings 10:14 "Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold,"

Its the only other metion of 666 Ive seen in the Bible, as of yet that I can recall, and it cant be overlooked that Solomon definitely had a mind of wisdom. It seems apostasy has something to do with the mark based on this reference but I cant say conclusively.

Figured I would share that.

1 Kings 10:14 (KJV)

14 Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold,

2 Chronicles 9:13 (KJV)

13 Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred and threescore and six talents of gold;

Ezra 2:13 (KJV)

13 The children of Adonikam, six hundred sixty and six.

Revelation 13:18 (KJV)

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

I do not believe the bloodline of the actual tribe of Adonikam is the focus of Ezra 2:13 because in the very next census there was an addition to the clan:

Nehemiah 7:18 (KJV)

18 The children of Adonikam, six hundred threescore and seven.

But the name Adonikam (or adonai qum) means risen lord... and in Revelation 13:3 a resurrection convinces the whole world.

The remaining 3 verses point to Solomon. Two actually mention his name. One describes Solomonic characteristics...

Revelation 13:18 (KJV)

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Solomon had more wisdom than anyone else:

Here is wisdom.

Solomon had world renown understanding.

Let him that hath understanding

count the number of the beast...

Solomon's temple was destroyed tisha b' av 586 BCE

Zerubbabel's temple was destroyed tisha b' av 70 CE

586 + 70 x 365.25 ÷ 360 = 665.56666666666666666

The fact that it took place on the same calendar date rounds it off to 666 prophetic (360 day) years.

This is how it is counted / calculated.

for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

I have yet to track this one down for certainty so it is still up in the air that Solomon is the 666th name in the Bible.

The focus is not on the actual Solomon but on a builder of the third Jewish Temple.

The Jews who reject Jesus as the Messiah are looking for that temple builder as a sign that he is the promised messiah.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Upon the death of the host the demon possessor would go into the abyss. So he must have been desperate. And the so-called remorse of Judas (when he threw the silver coins at the priests) was rather Satan in Judas trying to undo what he had done once he apparently realized he'd been duped that the Messiah's sacrificial death was God's plan all along. And the man Judas could not live with the raging demon inside anymore than the herd of swine could (Matthew 8:32). And he killed himself.

You are making assumptions.

25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

What ties these two verses together?

Bottom line, I am seeing a lot of assumptions.

It is very clear that we are at an impasse. I just find it grievous you regard the Jews this way (OP).

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

I can't believe their is a discussion on this trite, their are more weightier things to discuss. What is sanctification and how do we attain to it? Are we sanctified? This discussion fills tabloid rags at every checkout.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,138
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I can't believe their is a discussion on this trite, their are more weightier things to discuss. What is sanctification and how do we attain to it? Are we sanctified? This discussion fills tabloid rags at every checkout.

actually, we've discussed just about evertyhing one might think about over the years I've been here. While this might be a bit touchy, I personally don't see it as a minor thing.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

actually, we've discussed just about evertyhing one might think about over the years I've been here. While this might be a bit touchy, I personally don't see it as a minor thing.

Because of you, you've just added weight to it.

You are making assumptions.

Oh?

Jude 6 (KJV)

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Are YOU assuming some other explanation that the one I gave.

Demon-possessed people were all over the landscape so when would this apply to them?

And it cannot mean the angels that simply fell into sin then all of them would be in the abyss.

So, what other conclusion would YOU come up with?

What ties these two verses together?

Bottom line, I am seeing a lot of assumptions.

It is very clear that we are at an impasse. I just find it grievous you regard the Jews this way (OP).

No, no impasse just your unwillingness to see the clear line of scripture I showed you.

I'll repeat.

Luke 22:3 (KJV)

3 Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.

Jude 6 (KJV)