• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Ezra said:

What Scripture reveals is that the Rapture is imminent -- could occur at any time.  That was the expectation of the apostles and the Christians of that time.  That is also the expectation of Christians today.

Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. (Mt 24:44)

Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh. (Mt 25:13).

I have not given a date or time.  I have referred you to the Word of God.  If you are not ready for tribulation you will not be ready.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, seeking the lost said:

I have not given a date or time.  I have referred you to the Word of God.  If you are not ready for tribulation you will not be ready.

All of Christs saints here on the earth need not be ready for the tribulation whenever it occurs because we wont be here to endure the coming tribulation, we will be raptured, taken out of this world to Heaven to be with the Lord forever, and we will come back with Him after the tribulation and be with Him and be part of ushering in of His Thousand year reign at which Satan will be locked up for the thousand years.

Rev 20:3, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

After the thousand year reign, Satan will be loosed a little while

Rev 20:7, And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, HAZARD said:

All of Christs saints here on the earth need not be ready for the tribulation whenever it occurs because we wont be here to endure the coming tribulation, we will be raptured, taken out of this world to Heaven to be with the Lord forever, and we will come back with Him after the tribulation and be with Him and be part of ushering in of His Thousand year reign at which Satan will be locked up for the thousand years.

Jesus said differently. 

John 16:33 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

There are many of our brothers and sisters in Christ who are being killed all around the world just because they name the name of Christ.  Go tell them they do not need to be ready for tribulation.  They are being beheaded, burned alive, poisoned, imprisoned sentenced to hard labor because of the name of Jesus.  This is not the time of Jacobs troubles yet but it is a good idea to be ready for tribulation.

American missionaries to China taught the Chinese people they would not have to suffer.  This was before the communist takeover.  The missionaries were driven out and as many as 3,000,000 Chinese were killed because they were christian.  There was great offence that rose in the hearts of the Chinese people because they had been lied to.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, seeking the lost said:

Jesus said differently. 

John 16:33 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

There are many of our brothers and sisters in Christ who are being killed all around the world just because they name the name of Christ.  Go tell them they do not need to be ready for tribulation.  They are being beheaded, burned alive, poisoned, imprisoned sentenced to hard labor because of the name of Jesus.  This is not the time of Jacobs troubles yet but it is a good idea to be ready for tribulation.

American missionaries to China taught the Chinese people they would not have to suffer.  This was before the communist takeover.  The missionaries were driven out and as many as 3,000,000 Chinese were killed because they were christian.  There was great offence that rose in the hearts of the Chinese people because they had been lied to.

That passage, John 16:33, has nothing to do with the coming great tribulation. Here are dozens of Scriptures proving why.

Jesus predicted, expect world hatred, (John 15:18-21),

Because the world hates reproof (John 3:19), 

Because Its evils are exposed by Christian living (Romans 12;2; Titus 2:11-12).

Because darkness is exposed by Christian light (John 3:18-20; Phil. 2;15).

Because the world is blind (2 Cor. 4;4).

Because Christians are not of it (John 15:19; 17:14-16). 

Because its a war with Christians (John 16:33; Eph. 6:12; 1 John 5:4).

Because it has a natural enmity against God (Jas. 4:4; Matt. 18:7). Because Christians hate its ways (1 John 2:15-17).

Because Christians live segregated from the world (Jas. 1:27;Romans 12:2; 2 Peter 2;20). Because the world is ignorant of Christians experiences(Gal.2:20; 2 Cor. 5:17).

Because it is ignorant of God (v 21).

John 15:18-21;

18, If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
 19, If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
 20, Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
 21, But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 10/10/2016 at 8:00 PM, seeking the lost said:

No one knows the date and time for sure.  No one can give a date or time because the word of God says not even the Son knows, only the Father.  But you are right, you must be ready or you will be in a world of hurt.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

6 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

No one knows the date and time for sure.  No one can give a date or time because the word of God says not even the Son knows, only the Father.  But you are right, you must be ready or you will be in a world of hurt.

Jesus knows when he will return at the rapture of the Church.

13 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Jesus knows when he will return at the rapture of the Church.

No I"m sorry but the Scripture clearly states in Mark 13:32

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels nor NOR THE SON, but only the Father.

I don't understand it but it's there in black and white.  Jesus does not know. 

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

11 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

No I"m sorry but the Scripture clearly states in Mark 13:32

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels nor NOR THE SON, but only the Father.

I don't understand it but it's there in black and white.  Jesus does not know. 

Blessings, RustyAngeL

If Jesus is God in flesh, then shouldn't He know what the day and hour of his return would be?  After all, God knows all things.  Therefore, if Jesus doesn't know all things, then He cannot be God.

This objection is most often raised by the Jehovah's Witnesses, but is also echoed by the Christadelphians.  It is a good question.

Jesus was both God and man.  He had two natures.  He was divine and human at the same time.  This teaching is known as the hypostatic union, that is, the coming-together of two natures in one person.  In Heb. 2:9 it says Jesus was ". . . made for a little while lower than the angels . . ."  Also, in Phil. 2:5-8 it says that Jesus "emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men . . ."  Col. 2:9 says, "For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form."  Jesus was both God and man at the same time.

As a man, Jesus cooperated with the limitations of being a man.  That is why we have verses like Luke 2:52 that says "Jesus kept increasing in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men."  Therefore, at this point in His ministry He could say He did not know the day nor hour of His return.  It is not a denial of His being God but a confirmation of His being man.

Also, the logic that Jesus could not be God because He did not know all things works both ways.  If we could find a scripture where Jesus does know all things, then that would prove He was God, wouldn't it?

He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You." Jesus said to him, "Tend My sheep" (John 21:17--NASB).

Jesus did not correct Peter and say, "Hold on Peter, I do not know all things."  He let Peter continue on with his statement that Jesus knew all things.  Therefore, it must be true.

What if we have a verse that says Jesus did not know all things and another that says he did know all things, then isn't that a contradiction?  No, it is not.

Before Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection He said the Father alone knew the day and hour of His return.  It wasn't until after Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection that omniscience was attributed to Jesus.  As I said before, Jesus was cooperating with the limitations of being a man and completed His ministry on this earth.  He was then glorified in His resurrection.  Yet, He was still a man (cf. Col. 2:9; 1 Tim. 2:5).  After Jesus' resurrection, He was able to appear and disappear at will.  This is not the normal ability of a man; it is, apparently, the normal ability of a resurrected and glorified man.  Jesus was different after the resurrection.  There had been a change.  He was still a man, and He knew all things.

https://carm.org/if-jesus-god-then-why-did-he-not-know-time-his-return

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Matt 24: 36

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

If Jesus is God in flesh, then shouldn't He know what the day and hour of his return would be?  After all, God knows all things.  Therefore, if Jesus doesn't know all things, then He cannot be God.

This objection is most often raised by the Jehovah's Witnesses, but is also echoed by the Christadelphians.  It is a good question.

Jesus was both God and man.  He had two natures.  He was divine and human at the same time.  This teaching is known as the hypostatic union, that is, the coming-together of two natures in one person.  In Heb. 2:9 it says Jesus was ". . . made for a little while lower than the angels . . ."  Also, in Phil. 2:5-8 it says that Jesus "emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men . . ."  Col. 2:9 says, "For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form."  Jesus was both God and man at the same time.

As a man, Jesus cooperated with the limitations of being a man.  That is why we have verses like Luke 2:52 that says "Jesus kept increasing in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men."  Therefore, at this point in His ministry He could say He did not know the day nor hour of His return.  It is not a denial of His being God but a confirmation of His being man.

Also, the logic that Jesus could not be God because He did not know all things works both ways.  If we could find a scripture where Jesus does know all things, then that would prove He was God, wouldn't it?

He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You." Jesus said to him, "Tend My sheep" (John 21:17--NASB).

Jesus did not correct Peter and say, "Hold on Peter, I do not know all things."  He let Peter continue on with his statement that Jesus knew all things.  Therefore, it must be true.

What if we have a verse that says Jesus did not know all things and another that says he did know all things, then isn't that a contradiction?  No, it is not.

Before Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection He said the Father alone knew the day and hour of His return.  It wasn't until after Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection that omniscience was attributed to Jesus.  As I said before, Jesus was cooperating with the limitations of being a man and completed His ministry on this earth.  He was then glorified in His resurrection.  Yet, He was still a man (cf. Col. 2:9; 1 Tim. 2:5).  After Jesus' resurrection, He was able to appear and disappear at will.  This is not the normal ability of a man; it is, apparently, the normal ability of a resurrected and glorified man.  Jesus was different after the resurrection.  There had been a change.  He was still a man, and He knew all things.

https://carm.org/if-jesus-god-then-why-did-he-not-know-time-his-return

The Bible clear, As the Son He does not know, But God does.  It is beyond our understanding.  I just believe what the Bible says, not what some website said or says. These are Jesus Words not mine.   Sorry.