IGNORED

is it sin?

Guest liftedup

Guest liftedup

over the past few weeks i've been able to speak with several people about the issue of homosexuality...what i have found is that Christians are divided on the issue of whether or not it is sin...some people believe you are born as a homosexual while others believe it is a choice...some people believe that being a non-active homosexual is not sinful while others believe that if you have accepted Christ, that lifestyle will change...i know its a touchy subject but i'd like to know what you guys think...i read this article the other day which helped me get a clearer understanding of what the Bible says about homosexuality...you should check it out... homosexuality a sin?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Hello and welcome to Worthy, liftedup!

Have no doubt that homosexuality is sin. The active participation in any sinful way is dangerous stuff and will only lead to a further chasm between God and the sinner.

There is not one place in the Bible that fails to condemn the practice.

In Him,

t.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Hi Liftedup...welcome to Worthy.

That was a good article and I agree with what it stated.

Homosexual behaviour is a sin...whether in the mind or in actual practice.

The Good news is that those who have been caught up in this particular sin can be forgiven and freed from the lifestyle,stigma and guilt and be made clean and whole through the blood of the L-rd Jesus.

1 Corinthians 6:9

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

Romans 1:24-27

Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

The Bible is very clear that homosexuality is a sin. ;)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

I agree with Ted, its absolutely sin, we can still be nice to them but we can never compromise and agree with their lifestyle, its a definately NO_NO for a Christian.

Too many Christians ...conform to the world ;)

God Bless, Maranatha, Angels

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

not only is it an abomination before the Lord,

but we are also told that those that are sexually immoral will not have a place in Heaven.... right along with those that are liars....

mike

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

I stand in agreement with the Saints here. The Bible says we are all born sinful, but to say that someone is born with that particular sinful tendency, is an excuse. By Jesus' sacrifice and grace, we are washed whiter than snow. He has all authority and power to banish this sin from a person, if they accept Him and believe that He can and will do it.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  09/27/1976

Read Romans 8 as well. We are all born with a "sin nature" for some that sin manifests itself into a lifestyle of lying or cheating or stealing or homosexuality or _______(fill in the blank). And we are powerless to free ourselves from that sin nature. That's why there is a need for Christ. He condemned sin in sinful man. He made if possible for us to live according to the Holy Spirit rather than according to the sin nature. If we are filled with the Holy Spirit we will walk according to it. Society however wishes to nurture that sin nature to justify the sins that have become "accepted" and " normal".

Please understand that I am not saying that christians who live according to the Spirit are perfect. I believe we do make mistakes and we will struggle and fall as long as we live in a fallen world, but we are not "slaves" to sin and when someone says "I'm born that way" it is an excuse.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest antitox

Let me add to the information already given, and that is the question that someone could be born a homosexual: no one is born a homosexual. What happens with regard to what they experience very young is that a spirit of homosexuality is passed down through ancestry (sins of the fathers visit the 3rd and 4th generation). Other examples have been where sexual abuse occurs in a young person's life but it was suppressed as a child and they don't carry a conscious memory of it. Some didn't receive affection from one of their parents and may have been adversely affected. Some young people experiment sexually and can easily receive that spirit if they tamper with it and then start thinking that maybe they were gay all along. But overall, it is clear that no one is born that way. Those who claim that they were born in the wrong body is a slap in God's face; after all, He cannot make mistakes.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

The whole truth about homosexuality:

http://www.narth.com