• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hello,

I'm very weary at the moment. Please bear with me.

While I visit Worthy occasionally, my "home forum" consists of people I've known and loved for several years online, gathered together from other various forums.

Suddenly, this issue has come up that I would never even once have thought would be an issue, but there it is:

There are those trying very hard to convince me that it is wrong to worship Christ. I am being told it is idolatry and adultery and that we are to worship ONLY the Father, as Christ did. Now, I was prompted to, of course, go to Scripture and "make like a Berean" and "study to see if these things are true".

I see that Christ was worshiped at birth and I see many other instances where people knelt before him. The 1611 KJV does not say "knelt or kneeled" but "worshiped". The people worshiped Him, and He did not forbid them. And, of course, Thomas, with his exclamation of "My Lord and my God!"

In Rev. 19, John fell at the feet of an angel to worship and was told, "See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." They say that this was "an angel of the Lord, and that if one sees an "angel of the Lord" it the same as seeing Christ, Himself. Therefore, they reason that John was being "corrected" by Christ of his error in worshiping Christ.

I believe in the Trinity, I believe Jesus was/is God. Jesus said, "I and the Father are one."

At my site, some do not believe in the Trinity, some do not believe in the divinity of Christ, and "deference" to one another's beliefs is preached. I understand we are all at different stages in our path of faith, and yes, we must be patient with one another . . . but, this . . . this is just too much. I have loved and worshiped Christ from the beginning of my faith, and now some are insisting that I've been commiting adultery by my worship of Christ.

I believe the ones trying to sway me have some Jewish teaching, Kabballah, mysticism . . . I'm sure this reflects on their thinking. The latest is, I was told, "There is much He would tell you, but you could not bear it," still implying, insisting I am wrong in my belief.

While some at my "home" site hold fast to Scripture, others are rather dismissive of it, believing the wide diversity in Scripture interpretation is what has caused such division within the Christian faith. I love these people, truly I do, but . . .

Can you refer me to a thread that will strengthen my resolve that I am not in error to worship the One I love so dearly? Has this already been discussed? Please help me. Is there a list of Scriptures? This has caused a tremendous upset on my forum recently, with much division because of it. If it persists, I don't know if I can stay there. And, this saddens me deeply.

Thank you,

In Christ,

Gw

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/26/1990

I would imagine that worshipping Jesus, him being part of the trinity an' all, is exactly the same as worshipping God.

"We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible. And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds (æons), Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father."

First lines of the Nicean Creed which is the essence of Christianity. "Of one substance" being the key part. Worship away.

Edited by Elcule

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Gw,

Let me try to simplify this. We do not need any proof texts to show something that is true all throughout the scriptures. Jesus is the express image of Gods person. We are to be like God by seeing God in Christ and emulating his character through his Spirit. Think about worship for a moment. When people worship other people like those in Hollywood, they begin to dress, talk and act just like the object of their worship/desire. Having a false 'image' of God leads to a wrong worship. We worship God the Father through his Son. Those that think they can worship God the Father without worshiping the Son are going to have a lot of explaining to do when they arrive at the judgement seat of Christ.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

Matthew 10:32-33 NASB "Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven. 33 "But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.

Jesus Christ is God, One with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. No, it is NOT idolatry to worship our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 1:17-23 NASB that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. 18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might 20 which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. 22 And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, 23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Philippians 2:5-11 NASB 5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8 Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 9 For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Hello,

I'm very weary at the moment. Please bear with me.

While I visit Worthy occasionally, my "home forum" consists of people I've known and loved for several years online, gathered together from other various forums.

Suddenly, this issue has come up that I would never even once have thought would be an issue, but there it is:

There are those trying very hard to convince me that it is wrong to worship Christ. I am being told it is idolatry and adultery and that we are to worship ONLY the Father, as Christ did. Now, I was prompted to, of course, go to Scripture and "make like a Berean" and "study to see if these things are true".

I believe in the Trinity, I believe Jesus was/is God. Jesus said, "I and the Father are one."

At my site, some do not believe in the Trinity, some do not believe in the divinity of Christ, and "deference" to one an other's beliefs is preached. I understand we are all at different stages in our path of faith, and yes, we must be patient with one another . . . but, this . . . this is just too much. I have loved and worshiped Christ from the beginning of my faith, and now some are insisting that I've been committing adultery by my worship of Christ.

While some at my "home" site hold fast to Scripture, others are rather dismissive of it, believing the wide diversity in Scripture interpretation is what has caused such division within the Christian faith. I love these people, truly I do, but .

Thank you,

In Christ,

Gw

When we want to drink from a pure form of water we must go to the source. If it's pure and not contaminated we may sup.

Worthy is a very good source of pure water and one can learn and mature here.

Personally, I feel when doctrine is obscured or I cannot bring my self to feel comfortable within it; it's time to move on.

I moved from the Catholic church for this reason even having been indoctrinated for many years.

I just did not feel comfortable..

Too many questions that the replies did not add up to with scripture.

It took me fifty seven years more or less. ( I'm a slow learner but God never gave up on me)

Personally I believe and think that the moment we change our personal relationship with the Lord our whole out look changes.

Things that we felt uneasy about melt and go away and are placed in their proper prospective

I too loved the people in the RCC in which I worshiped and still do. But I love Jesus more and made the change; I chose salvation.

(Just my 2 pence worth).

God Bless you Love Nigel.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

When I pray, I typically start by praising Jesus, thank Him for His sacrifice, and ask for forgiveness.

Once I repent, I visualize approaching G-d's throne, and then I praise G-d, the Creator. I then present my petitions to Him.

Although I believe Jesus and G-d are one and the same, I still treat Them differently.

I don't believe in the Trinity. Revelation says G-d has a "seven fold spirit".

I believe Jesus, G-d the Creator, and the Holy Spirit are all different facets of that seven fold spirit.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

John 14:5-7 (NIV) 5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

6Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Thank you all for your very helpful replies.

I think I shall take a break from forum-life for awhile and pray over what I should do.

Truly, thank you.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Maybe God is beginning an awakening process for the church, teaching them about the idols they have in their hearts that are not the true image of God but twisted scriptures to sculpt an image they can deal with. For he answered Israel according to the multitude of idols in their hearts just before sending them out into the dispersion. The church is on the cusp of experiencing what Israel did but the same holds true that a remnant shall be saved.

Warnings against Idolatry permeate the New Testament. Are we heeding them? 1Jo 5:21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

"I and the Father are one"

Case closed for me......