Amen.....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I too get confused on this from time to time especially when it comes to understanding the trinity. I will pray for us both to receive Gods knowledge and guidance.

Blessings.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

What do you think kaballah and mysticism is?

Why doesn't TrackerJack believe in a trinity that is a higher order/authority than the 7-fold spirit of God? (hint: not good to use Revelation as a prime source for any of this, as it is apocalyptic-style written to encourage those in persecution that God and good will win).

--Inter

Who are you addressing and what are you talking about?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, Butero (and others), it is my dilemma whether I am strong enough to remain on a site with such diversity that what I consider to be basic Christian doctrine is being brought into question. Iron sharpens iron, and I've learned much in debate, but it can, at times, be draining, especially when life is simultaneously presenting other challenges. As OneLight so aptly expressed, some people with views differing from the Worthy Statement of Faith, are very good at presenting their beliefs, and Scripture soon becomes a way of hammering one another over the head, which I do not believe is a wholesome use of God's Word. I took quite a battering for my beliefs, and what was most perplexing is that I had to defend the wholesomeness of worshiping Christ on what is promoted as a Christian site. There are some people on the other site that believe as I do, and, as I said, I will not cast out and give up on those who see things differently. If, and when, I return to that site, I need to install new rules for myself. Certain people, I simply should not attempt to debate with.

No, I do not run the other site, I am only a member there. As I stated in my OP, the site is based on deference to one another's varying beliefs--and there is an astounding variety of belief out there-- so unless a member becomes abusive, much is tolerated. However, it IS touted as a Christian site, and I, personally, believe there needs to be some limits.

I know absolutely nothing of any other thread made recently on Worthy that was posted concerning idolatry. If anyone else wishes to make reference to my activity on the site "a couple years ago," I believe my posts are still archived? I am an individual and wish to be seen and understood as an individual, not as a part of some "group" that was ill-received over two years ago.

The site I'm speaking of today is not even the same site that I was on a couple years ago, although some of the same people are members there.

I agree that caution is advisable and wise, but there are much better methods of learning about a new or newly activated member than to jump on them in public with unfounded assumptions that actually contradict the OP, if time is taken to properly comprehend what was written.

I came here in a weak moment, it is true, but I love Jesus no less than anyone here. I hope that if it is my decision to continue in fellowship on Worthy, that I will be given a clean slate and become "known" by what I present in this day and the days following.

Forums have taught me to nurture a forgiving nature, so I will see how things go . . . The site looks great, btw. It's been changed somewhat since I visited in the past, and I love the new formatting.

Are we allowed to post images here? I greatly enjoy posting praise and worship threads enhanced by photos and/or videos.

Another kind thank you to all who participated on this thread. Despite the tension, you cited many great relevant Scriptures and ideas. I am feeling stronger, but may not be in full posting-mode for a couple weeks or so.

Thank you so much! :group-hug:

In the heat of it all, I went to God, and I was about to pray and ask if, indeed, my worship of Christ should be any different than my worship of Him (the Father). But, I stopped and found I could not even voice the words. I love Jesus so much and thought to myself, "How can I NOT worship Him?" He is everything to me. It seemed a betrayal to doubt my worship of Him. And, yes, I do believe that Jesus is God, come to earth in flesh. I believe He was/is Immanuel, God with Us.

I believe that Jesus is the brightness of the Father's glory, and the express image of his person, as told in Hebrews 1:3. I am most repentant that I doubted for even a second.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Another kind thank you to all who participated on this thread. Despite the tension, you cited many great relevant Scriptures and ideas. I am feeling stronger, but may not be in full posting-mode for a couple weeks or so.

Thank you so much! :group-hug:

Thanks for taking the time to explain your positions. Don't feel bad about having your faith shaken. It can happen to anyone. The Bible warns that in the last days, there will be such strong delusions, if possible, the very elect would be deceived.

Agreed faith sometimes can be shaken, much as Peter's was when He took His eyes away from Jesus. As said in baseball..."Keep your eyes on the ball."

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I agree, faith can indeed be shaken. I know because mine is too from time to time. I don't know why I struggle with the trinity. I am 100% Christian and have been all my life. I think of it as the devil's attempt to deceive me.

Blessings.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Yes, Satan loves to discourage ...

1 Peter 5:8

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

But don't be afraid ...

Hebrews 13:5

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you."

for ...

John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

:thumbsup:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Yes, Satan loves to discourage ...

1 Peter 5:8

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

But don't be afraid ...

Hebrews 13:5

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you."

for ...

John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

:thumbsup:

You have been hanging around brother Joe way too much :crosseyed: