• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

to sevenseas,

I might sound the way I do because of having a research degree in Christian studies, and quite a bit in church history.

somebody slap me because I feel a sarcastic comment coming on.... :biggrinflip: but I digress

well, apart from anything the university granted me (after alot of work) I have a degree in Christian LIFE studies...in other words,

taking it to the streets, to quote with another meaning, and a whopping big amount of church history AND service in same

but I only get intelligent sounding when prompted to be smart about it....but that's just me of course

Most Bible prophecy people I know have studied that exlusively as though there were no yesterday, as though nothing at all has happened since about AD 70.

One of my conclusions as a NT historian and research in Paul for 40 years is that there is no prophetic significance to modern Israel or "events". 2 Pet. 3 resolves all prophetic questions after the calamity of AD 70 and there is nothing Judaistic mentioned.

but you're a preterist, right? if I have understood other posts you have made in other threads...and it's not just a lucky guess

that would definitely reflect in your understanding and interpretation...I personally know a couple of preterists and excuse me,

but the massive amount of juggling that goes on in order to come to the conclusions that they have is.....well, like the

Olympics for the brain...but it all makes perfect sense to them and the rest of us appear to be fish out of water gasping for

air...now they are not rude or anything...and neither are you...

We should do whatever we can to oppose fascist religion , by preserving and spreading American pluralism, which means religion can only be spread by persuasion. Since Islam cannot win that way, it seeks to topple pluralism (freedom) and impose itself. This is found all around the world, and all our neighbors need our help.

oh by all means...where shall we start then...with the fascist religion I mean?

OH no....I'm not American...what if, just pretend now, what if, I don't see it your way? What if I have this whole other world going on inside

my head that tells me that God has not yet sewn up the universe and handed it over the the USA? (relax, my husband is American and

boy does he have opinions!)

Islam comes from the pit...and I don't mean the coal mines

Every single person on planet Terra is VERY religious whether or not they concede. There is a God sized hole in every single one of us...

we cannot help worshiping something. The slavery of religion is really no more than satan enslaving those who follow him...the devil

loves religion...absolutely adores it in fact!

See, I don't interpret scripture with my intellect...and I certainly have one...but with the Holy Spirit who resides within me

In fact, scripture is plain we cannot understand it otherwise

So with my mind, I could easily conceive of anything anyone else could, can and doos (joke) but I know it is not that way

edited for the usual sp errors....

addendum: I know what you are saying re pluralism and Islam, but we just do not quite agree and as for historical significance with

regards to Israel, well, we REALLY don't agree...but I knew that already

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  8

You said you find the word I used was ironic ?

Have you ever heard of the word Gee Whiz... or Geeezzzzz ???

you... are picking...or you would not have posted the insult to me.

I ...surely would not thank an insulter !

Go find your pleasure picking elsewhere.

Found this in the Urban Dictionary. This is what Botz was referring to.

Short for Jesus. Used by Christians who don't want to "use the Lord's name in vain" even though it's just as bad.

I don't believe he was trying to be nit-picky or insulting. He was just giving you a "heads up". I've done it in the past. When using slang, we need to be aware that words may have several different meanings. "Geez", which some people interpret as short for Jesus, is offensive to some. They view it as taking the Lord's name in vain. While you may be using it to say "Gee-Whiz", others may not see it that way.

And just so you know, your definition was in there also. :)

Since you wrote this post to me... you are also nit picking !

You and your friend are nothing but, trouble makers in here ...if you are going to point out

such a minute thing as using.....Gee Whiz in my post . Some people just try to point out any minute thing

in here ....!

Did I curse ....? I did not take the Lords name in vain.... and God knows it.

When I am off line... I will say Geeezzz for ...Gee Whiz....as a manner of expression .

How do you compare ...Geeezzzz...to the name of Jesus ? ...... the only letter I see that is the same in both words is the letter ... E

I am not in here to pick on people, or to degrade them . ... I have respect for others and their post.

You don't rest .. or have peace in these threads...you and Botz ... always ready and quickly to attack someone personally.

To point out I am sinning , and falsly acuse me of writing something so BAD !

You are falsely judging me here.

You are stirring up trouble toward me ,and breaking the rules for posting in this Forum.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  8

Short for Jesus. Used by Christians who don't want to "use the Lord's name in vain" even though it's just as bad.

I don't believe he was trying to be nit-picky or insulting. He was just giving you a "heads up". I've done it in the past. When using slang, we need to be aware that words may have several different meanings. "Geez", which some people interpret as short for Jesus, is offensive to some. They view it as taking the Lord's name in vain. While you may be using it to say "Gee-Whiz", others may not see it that way.

Furthermore... I want to let you know that ... I am a 66 year old woman...who walks the walk and talks the talk....I don't put on foot in or

one foot out of Gods' kingdom . I am a child of God, flollowing Him daily. A christian.... Christ like , is being a christian.

I come in here to write with a pure heart and have repect for myself, others , and God.

For God does own this Forum. Did God appoint you as a christian cop in here, and to judge His children ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,448
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Furthermore... I want to let you know that ... I am a 66 year old woman...who walks the walk and talks the talk....I don't put on foot in or

one foot out of Gods' kingdom . I am a child of God, flollowing Him daily. A christian.... Christ like , is being a christian.

I come in here to write with a pure heart and have repect for myself, others , and God.

For God does own this Forum. Did God appoint you as a christian cop in here, and to judge His children ?

How about those tongues an amazing muscle ... only one we have that is not connected at both ends!

Sometime I just like to here mine flap or other flappers as well ... let's just flap our tongues silly :red_smile:

However we must all guard the over industrious use of them-> in obedience toward giving an answer for everyone we use :o

Mt 12:36-37

36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.

37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

NKJV

Jn 13:34-35

34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

NKJV

May we all find the grace to bless when we are reviled so that He Who lives within us may be seen more clearly... Love, Steven

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

I believe it would be edifying if this thread got back on track ...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

Though I dont agree with the preterist view entirely theres no denying the Kingdom of God comes first and foremost.

The muslims arent the only piece in this puzzle and if you look deeper youll see the common thread is logic.

All these different ideologies wether they govern politics, religion, business, education, entertainment, medicine, psychology, para military groups, racial supremacy groups, gangs, are based on false premises.

Theres a whole world here and though Jerusalem is at the center of focus everything happening is because of lies and confusion and its all a lack of faith.

John is still the voice in the wilderness calling out to make straight the paths of the Lord and indeed the Kingdom is at hand brethren.

Matthew 24:6 "And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet."

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

@Enoob57 thanks for the laughs brother I too like to flap my tongue. :P:D