bornagain2011

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Now we have the testimony of John the BAPTIST as to which is the baptism for salvation and the ONE baptism (that matters) in Ephesians 4:5... the baptism of the Holy Ghost by Jesus Christ.

I'm not sure I understand you.

Are you saying that one must be baptized in the Spirit for slavation? I really am not sure of what you are saying

Thanks

Amazing. Words are easily misunderstood. What I wonder is if you know that your twisting them or if it is done in ignorance.

I am not ignorant. Far from it.

I am not twisting anything either.

No, it is not. You simply have to divorce it from the rest of what was said and forget that it came within a context that included an explanation. Same thing with scriptures.

If that is your methodology, than understand that it is incorrect. I know you do not think so, but in all seriousness, it is

You do not EVER divorce context from the text.

I guess we have our explanation

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Sevenseas... may I suggest you use the tools properly on this site to show who you are quoting. Your last two posts seem out of context and some of us don't have really good recall. :cool2:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Amazing. Words are easily misunderstood. What I wonder is if you know that your twisting them or if it is done in ignorance.

No, it is not. You simply have to divorce it from the rest of what was said and forget that it came within a context that included an explanation. Same thing with scriptures.

If that is your methodology, than understand that it is incorrect. I know you do not think so, but in all seriousness, it is

You do not EVER divorce context from the text.

I guess we have our explanation

sevenseas, this is my point exactly. You are agreeing with me. I also was saying that one should never divorce context from the text. Man had said that it's hard to twist or misunderstand what I had written, but he actually took only bits and pieces out of the context of that which I wrote and so I replied that was in fact easy to twist by taking it out of its context as he had. It is simply amazing. I remember once when you had to correct me when I did the same thing to you. You told me I needed to go back and read what was written and when I did I understood what you meant and felt foolish. As far as the discussion goes here, I simply believe that you think you understand what I am saying but do not and it doesn't seem that any amount of discussion will remedy it as you have chosen to label me as a false teacher. I guess this would be where we part ways then.

Gary

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

1 Corinthians 10:12

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/01/2011

BYE!

Edited by Terra7

Sevenseas... may I suggest you use the tools properly on this site to show who you are quoting. Your last two posts seem out of context and some of us don't have really good recall. :cool2:

oh sorry....I'll try and do better but you can poke me again if I forget :mgcheerful:

Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

1 Corinthians 10:12

Definitely in context...I imagine you take that advice yourself? Thread's not about judging others

sevenseas, this is my point exactly. You are agreeing with me. I also was saying that one should never divorce context from the text. Man had said that it's hard to twist or misunderstand what I had written, but he actually took only bits and pieces out of the context of that which I wrote and so I replied that was in fact easy to twist by taking it out of its context as he had. It is simply amazing. I remember once when you had to correct me when I did the same thing to you. You told me I needed to go back and read what was written and when I did I understood what you meant and felt foolish. As far as the discussion goes here, I simply believe that you think you understand what I am saying but do not and it doesn't seem that any amount of discussion will remedy it as you have chosen to label me as a false teacher. I guess this would be where we part ways then.

Gary

Yeah, I remember the go back and read thread...

I understand that you do not think I understand and I think we will just leave it there because I don't think there is anything to add

I'm not labeling you anything....I wish you would not come to those kinds of conclusions.....your remark about taking things out

of context...well, doing that would be wrong...so if you are now saying you did not mean it that way...I mean what can I say?

I never doubt your sincerity. If and I mean IF, this is really a case of different ways of expressing ourselves, then I guess

you and I are worlds apart...

Kindly do not have the opinion that I am labeling you or have called you a false teacher

I think we should stop this as it is utterly pointless at this present time...I have read other posts you made and thought them

quite good

Thanks

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

but he said he wasn't baptized properly cause they said "father son holy ghost" instead of Jesus Christ.

That is Oneness Pentecostal. They claim you are going to hell if you were baptized with Father Son and Holy Ghost instead of Jesus only. They deny the Trinity. They are highly legalistic. They have many serious doctrinal errors. (They also think wearing pants is a sin for a woman so wait for your boyfriend to get upset about you wearing jeans sometime.)