asper

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

My first thought on what makes for division about it is the problem about the beginning. (Not that it is a problem, but when you get away from that use). It was for missions. It was a kick start that ended the age of Babel's confusion of tongues on the basis that God's one transcultural message was now here, and it needed to be expedited all over the earth. What better way than those in Judaism from all over the world who would have background and also be able to explain in the other languages upon returning?

Whatever happened in Corinth is not that so much. We know this because Paul has to steer them back to the Pentecost type. I don't know what is so captivating about it that it would divide the Corinth users from Pentecost's users, but it has. There are even more divisions among the Corinth type, which is 'something wrong with this picture.'

Most fascinating of Cor 12-14 is that love is forced right into the middle of the discussion, and the Gospel follows immediately after, meaning, the Corinth use has a terrible time loving, and also forgets what is pre-eminent. Would you be embarrassed to have your founding missionary come back to you and tell you that 'hey, guys, could you just drop all this for a while, and remember that the Gospel for our sins is our basis of meeting, growth, contact, fellowship?' I sure would! It would be so quiet you'd hear an olive drop.

By and large, we don't see signs and wonders as much as 'natural miracles' (--Lewis). William Carey prayed constantly for his wife to come out of depression and sickness in India, but she didn't, yet he was extremely effective. Don Richardson prayed surely for translation of the NT into Maori, but it took years of work. I'll be the last person to say these leaders did 'not have the Spirit.'

--Inter

Good points...sometimes in the zeal or desire for poof instant fixes, people forget about the FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT...much harder to come by

and people have an especially hard time with the pruning

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  226
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/15/1954

Hi stan, and sevenseas,

Change the subject all you want I can still focus on the point.

The point being (for those who need help) is there are many people of different beliefs and there are those who make a mockery out of God.

The videos are one proof of people making a mockery out of God.

The proof of different beliefs lie in the following,

When I was a roman catholic charismatic I went to the meeting along with other roman catholic charismatics who also spoke in tongues also. Most prayed to mary almost exclusively. Mary received most of their worship by their adoration and the way they talked.

So you can act ignorant of these things which would make me conclude that you guys are not very observant or that you are just ignoring the facts.

The question I have then is, the behavior that the videos showed of your groups, is that acceptable to you guys/girls. If it is then all I have to say is that you guys/girls are the ones with the problem

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hi stan, and sevenseas,

The point being (for those who need help) is there are many people of different beliefs and there are those who make a mockery out of God.

When I was a roman catholic charismatic I went to the meeting along with other roman catholic charismatics who also spoke in tongues also. Most prayed to mary almost exclusively. Mary received most of their worship by their adoration and the way they talked.

So you can act ignorant of these things which would make me conclude that you guys are not very observant or that you are just ignoring the facts.

The question I have then is, the behavior that the videos showed of your groups, is that acceptable to you guys/girls. If it is then all I have to say is that you guys/girls are the ones with the problem

The videos are not IN context so making a judgment out of context is like someone seeing you at a magazine rack looking at a computer mag right beside the Playboy mag.

The reason we have the Bible to is KNOW what is acceptable and what is not. It's also the reason we have teachers. Please stop using the RC church to point out bad habits. I was RC and yes they have a lot of BAD habits. However there are many RC's who are truly born again believers.

You have no way of knowing what is acceptable to me unless I tell you, and I didn't tell you the links you provided were acceptable behaviour, because I wasn't there. I don't make judgment calls based on videos. Just remember when you point a finger at someone saying they are the problem or have a problem, there are three of your own fingers pointing back at yourself.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

btw i used to be a roman catholic charismatic

What are you now?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

All I know is that if you don't speak in tongues that you are a complete heretic. :taped::madgrin:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

All I know is that if you don't speak in tongues that you are a complete heretic. :taped::madgrin:

You did not just say that.... :beehive:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

That is NOT true at all. :foot-stomp:

Hi stan, and sevenseas,

The videos are not IN context so making a judgment out of context is like someone seeing you at a magazine rack looking at a computer mag right beside the Playboy mag.

The reason we have the Bible to is KNOW what is acceptable and what is not. It's also the reason we have teachers. Please stop using the RC church to point out bad habits. I was RC and yes they have a lot of BAD habits. However there are many RC's who are truly born again believers.

You have no way of knowing what is acceptable to me unless I tell you, and I didn't tell you the links you provided were acceptable behaviour, because I wasn't there. I don't make judgment calls based on videos. Just remember when you point a finger at someone saying they are the problem or have a problem, there are three of your own fingers pointing back at yourself.

It’s all evidence and it doesn’t matter what context because there is no context where this is acceptable.

Just in case I missed something let me ask you where would this conduct be acceptable?

Of course if you did not watch them how would you know?

The mention about the rc is because you questioned my link about many belief systems.

Quote,

I read the link you provided and it is full of unsupported assertions, from someone I have never personally heard of, or for whose credentials I can validate.

unquote

So I used some personal experiences to show my point.

Please try to pay attention…

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Asper, I don't really care what videos you link to, or what your innuendo might be. Speaking in tongues is a gift from God. And that is straight from scripture.

There are posers and liars anywhere. Within the church as well. We are after all all sinners, and no one can deny that. Let God deal with them.

But God knows my heart, no one else, and I have spoken in tongues to Him on occasion.

And I know at the time the Holy Spirit was upon me.

Because there are prayers that break the backs of words.........

hi matthitjah,

is that can't or don't?

of course you are entitled to your opinions just make them prove you are wrong by using facts instead of just giving thier opinions.