Edited by Terra7

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I am so tired of looking for real people of God that this will be the last attempt at dealing with the internet to find them (theres to much animosity of Bible correction from to many people who have never seen the real meaning of Gods message of Forgiveness ) . That is why I said : I Dont know Why I bother ?

Well, you know, things need to start with the individual.

How many people would lose their mind if that happened to them -yes it hurts very badly but I will stand on the truth of The Lords words and have forgiveness for that person even though it has basically erased my life

I am sorry this event happened to you.

How many of you if put to any of Gods tests would truly make it or would you hate him or curse him -does not God own it all including your very life ? I have faith in him and know what is coming ,His word ,His son ,His righteous -HIS GLORY!!! Peace Terra

Many people have been tested Terra...I certainly have. And it may comfort you to know that I have lost everything also. Not recently, but a number of years ago.

It was all stolen from me by someone I trusted...another Christian supposedly and a close relative...and they lied about me, betrayed me, and caused me to loose

my home, my father, my brother and my sister-in-law with their lies and deceit.

Well, it was very difficult, and I spent some years banging my head against a wall and wondering where God had gone and how He could have let

these horrible things happen to me...especially being accused of things I did not do and being made to look like a liar and a thief.

We have to ask ourselves some very hard questions and pour out our hearts to God...as the Psalms say.....God does not do these cruel things to

us but these things happen because of sin and the sinful attitudes of people..and very sadly, sometimes Christians..or at least those who say they

are Christians.

Well things were restored to me and God answers pray...He knows I did not do the things I have been accused of and He knows that I hurt so much

that I could not pray for years. Yes, those things can happen....but, it is no longer that way and one can only stand back and watch how God

deals with those who have done the awful things they did to me and my father.

I am only writing this to let you know that you are not alone and that sometimes some pretty awful things can happen to people even when

they are trusting God. I have not hated or cursed God but I have been pretty upset with Him wondering how He could have allowed these

people to do what they did.

Eventually, God will deal with them...and in fact, that is happening now. We can only search our own hearts and be open and honest

before God because He knows everything already. He can and He wants to help us through the most difficult of situations.

I understand it can hurt....and when you are in the middle of it, it makes no sense. But one day you might look back on all of this

and be surprised at much you have learned and grown in the Lord.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

There are unfortunately alot of "religious folk" who are just that ..."finger pointers" ..It's sad really because none of us will ever be as holy as God..But because of what Jesus did we are looked at as white as snow..It's because of Jesus that I am made perfect in His sight.

But you're right alot of people care more about being right than they do about being kind. If you don't agree with what they believe then something must be wrong with you ...is the impression I get..

In my opinion and I have said this many times..None of us have it 100% correct but the basics should be easy enough to follow.. W.W.J.D... What would Jesus do??? That is something we should ask ourselves before we start running our mouths trying to slap someone's wrist for saying something that didn't fit what we believe. Granted the bible can be confusing to understand and alot of people can take so many verses out of context.. and twist them to mean what they want it to mean.. So i have been trying to merely focus on

what Jesus commanded.... for us to love God with all our heart, soul and mind and to LOVE your neighbor .. Doesn't mean we have to be in a relationship with them but to at least be civil and treat them how we would want to be treated.

There are so many different people in this world and our main focus should be on praising Jesus , helping our fellow brothers and sisters.. not beating them over the head with the bible. Even with people who don't believe it's our job to show them who Christ is .. if you can't do it in words then at least live the life you say you believe. More ppl see how we live compared to what we say.. I can understand why alot of people run from Christianity .. We haven't been the best role models. and I include myself in that. But I am learning and growing everyday.

Edited by LisaMarie savedbygrace

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

LisaMarie savedbygrace

There are unfortunately alot of "religious folk" who are just that ..."finger pointers" ..It's sad really because none of us will ever be as holy as God..But because of what Jesus did we are looked at as white as snow..It's because of Jesus that I am made perfect in His sight.

Great post. We have lots of "Religious" folks crawling around here, and they love to point faults (In their minds that are faults) They are perfect and able judge the Lord's servants. They have special callings of God to point out perceived evils, and any doctrine that does not agree with theirs. Reality check means they need just as much work as anyone else, they just don't see it.

Jesus is Lord.

Thanxs Brother Mike...

None of us are in any position to be playing Holy Ghost Jr...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

Many of us here have scars that we have encountered in our life, both while unsaved and after being saved.

It is unfortunate that we Christians do not reflect our Lord as He would have us do. I pray you not become so discouraged.

Simply walk your life out as if walking with our Lord, because you are doing just that.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hi Terra -

I know it is difficult to find love expressed in the midst of debate. The internet is horrible at communication in that there is no body language associated with what one says. Sometimes a person has a different expression and tone of voice in their writing than the receiver perceives them to have. And of course, without seeing the person it is a lot easier to see words as impersonal thoughts rather than a human being. I am still working out how to consider "this is a person" I am responding to and not "an idea I have problems with".

So why can we not agree? We all come from different backgrounds with different root groundings. It is a crazy mess how 4 people can look at the same Scripture and come up with 4 different ways to understand that Scripture.

As an aside on that note, I am wondering about something you said:

Peter woke up and saw his coat was stolen in the night and said to Jesus ;my coat was stolen by a thief and you all know what Jesus said ;go find that thief and give him anything else he wishes for he is of poor spirit and lives in darkness.

I have not seen this written in Scripture anywhere. I know Peter asked about how many times should he forgive, but I do not recall any mention of him having had his coat stolen.

I also recall where Jesus said, "if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well." (Matt. 5:40)

Note, I'm not saying you were not applying the Scripture properly, nor am I not claiming the Lord didn't speak to you.

Actually, I commend you highly for having the grace to let go this way rather than to take revenge.

And you are correct in that the Body of Christ does not do enough to encourage love like this. And I, too, wish it were done more.

Blessings and grace to you!

:emot-hug:

For me ,I have always desired to listen only to the scriptures pertaining to Jesus and his words alone (it cuts through the confusion of understanding Gods message) .

You know I have been put through a scriptural test in the last 2 yrs and everyone should know this one: Peter woke up and saw his coat was stolen in the night and said to Jesus ;my coat was stolen by a thief and you all know what Jesus said ;go find that thief and give him anything else he wishes for he is of poor spirit and lives in darkness.

I've read through the scriptures a few times and can't seem to remember reading this. Would you please refresh my memory and provide the location of that verse.

Thanks.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/2011

I am so tired of looking for real people of God that this will be the last attempt at dealing with the internet to find them (theres to much animosity of Bible correction from to many people who have never seen the real meaning of Gods message of Forgiveness ) . That is why I said : I Dont know Why I bother ?

Well, you know, things need to start with the individual.

How many people would lose their mind if that happened to them -yes it hurts very badly but I will stand on the truth of The Lords words and have forgiveness for that person even though it has basically erased my life

I am sorry this event happened to you.

How many of you if put to any of Gods tests would truly make it or would you hate him or curse him -does not God own it all including your very life ? I have faith in him and know what is coming ,His word ,His son ,His righteous -HIS GLORY!!! Peace Terra

Many people have been tested Terra...I certainly have. And it may comfort you to know that I have lost everything also. Not recently, but a number of years ago.

It was all stolen from me by someone I trusted...another Christian supposedly and a close relative...and they lied about me, betrayed me, and caused me to loose

my home, my father, my brother and my sister-in-law with their lies and deceit.

Well, it was very difficult, and I spent some years banging my head against a wall and wondering where God had gone and how He could have let

these horrible things happen to me...especially being accused of things I did not do and being made to look like a liar and a thief.

We have to ask ourselves some very hard questions and pour out our hearts to God...as the Psalms say.....God does not do these cruel things to

us but these things happen because of sin and the sinful attitudes of people..and very sadly, sometimes Christians..or at least those who say they

are Christians.

Well things were restored to me and God answers pray...He knows I did not do the things I have been accused of and He knows that I hurt so much

that I could not pray for years. Yes, those things can happen....but, it is no longer that way and one can only stand back and watch how God

deals with those who have done the awful things they did to me and my father.

I am only writing this to let you know that you are not alone and that sometimes some pretty awful things can happen to people even when

they are trusting God. I have not hated or cursed God but I have been pretty upset with Him wondering how He could have allowed these

people to do what they did.

Eventually, God will deal with them...and in fact, that is happening now. We can only search our own hearts and be open and honest

before God because He knows everything already. He can and He wants to help us through the most difficult of situations.

I understand it can hurt....and when you are in the middle of it, it makes no sense. But one day you might look back on all of this

and be surprised at much you have learned and grown in the Lord.

Yes Thank you for words and your understanding and my sorrow for your situation which was not right against you - If there is anything I have always known No one escapes justice because God holds it in his hands , I am 52 yrs old and a veteran Joined the Navy in 1978 - so I have been around the block a few times- These times are very trying especially in light of the state affairs of our country and political and fiscal back stabbing going on from those who have no remorse or conscience what they are doing to truly virtuous and hard working people . Thank You who ever you are -Peace Terra

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Great Post... I suggest you also start a topic in the Testimony forum because I see your a true person of God and have gone through many leeps and bounds to where you are today. I dont know about anyone else but reading testimonys and seeing what God has done for people puts a grin on my face.

Blessings..

Edited by your friend Jacob

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Great post. We have lots of "Religious" folks crawling around here, and they love to point faults (In their minds that are faults) They are perfect and able judge the Lord's servants. They have special callings of God to point out perceived evils, and any doctrine that does not agree with theirs. Reality check means they need just as much work as anyone else, they just don't see it.

Jesus is Lord.

You are judging.