nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

I love their chicken nuggets -most excellent !

South Hills Mall has a CFA (or did when I lived there). All CFA's food is good. It's healthy too (cooked in peanut oil). Personally, I wouldn't care if it was cooked in lard, since they stand up for what's right.

:thumbsup: ..... I think I'll have there chicken strip salad , with a large ... cookies and cream shake. Yummy ! Thats a comination, don't ya think ...LOL.... healthy food mixed with a shake... :rolleyes: I can 't resist their shakes. Didn't know that they used peanut oil...good to know.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

I had never even heard of chick fil a before all of this started, so perhaps this ceo isn't so dumb after all. We don't have them here, so eating there is not an option, but it seems to me that at the very least, people are talking about his company lol.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Personally I find the whole subject absurd. The fact that people would try to boycott/support a chicken restaurant based on their president's personal beliefs is silly in my opinion. Unless chick-fil-a starts preventing homosexuals from employment/eating there, I don't see why it matters. Similarly I find it just as absurd that people are suggesting to eat at Chick-fil-A to 'support' their presidents beliefs, but I suppose it's a free country.

There is a separate agenda developing and it is clear that if you disagree with that agenda you will be ostricised but we must remember to play the ball and not the man. God in heaven laughs at the plans of men so we must be careful not to respond out our own resources but those of God. What is it that these people want? Why do they want these changes? At the heart of the matter an unregenerated heart rebels against the knowledge of God,

John O

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  09/15/1967

Wherever you stand on the gay marriage issue, this is the long and short of it. In this country, the very first amendment gives Dan Cathy the right to believe as he does, and it gives people the right to eat at Chick-Fil–A or not. (Shocking, I know.)

Freedom of religion and freedom of speech were not tucked into page 147 as a footnote within the Constitution, but were the very infrastructure of what OUR freedoms and liberties are based on--not just those of gays, or Hispanics, or atheists--but EVERYONE'S (this of course would include Christians, business owners, people who on Wall Street, heterosexuals, etc.). The First Amendment is the LEAD OFF to our entire Bill of Rights. For government representatives (e.g., despots) to try and shut it down is disgraceful and disgusting; not to mention illegal--even built into the second paragraph of the Declaration of Independence (I recommend you read it every now and again as most public school systems have failed to allow your kids to cherish it understand it).

The real issue is not about Gay Marriage, but rather, Americans enjoying the freedoms granted by our Creator, as pursuers of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness; as individuals working toward the American Dream. Every single one of us--no matter the party line, no matter our faith--needs to be peeved off, and feel very threatened by this tyrannous behavior, as we now see the very core of what makes this nation like no other in the world, slowing ebbing away for the sake of "fairness" and "protection" and "for your own good". The only real protection we have was already documented some 240 years ago by righteous, extremely intelligent men who understood that a republic is only as good as the people who manage it. Ergo, the 2nd Amendment.

If nothing is done to reconcile the tyrannical role our government has played in the last several years, the next item on the senate floor's won't be about Gay Marriage. It will be about something that YOU believe in.

I’m not saying to go stand in solidarity with Chick-Fil-A if you think Mr. Cathy is wrong. You have every right not to ever eat another chicken sandwich. But you need to stand in solidarity with every American’s right to his or her belief in his or her religion, and his or her right to express that view. It is the very core of what this nation was founded on. It is the opening Amendment in the Bill of Rights. And when it is gone, the rest will fall like a house of cards. (And yes Virginia, IMHO, I believe the US in not going play any significant role in prophecy/70th week of Daniel. God allows nations to rise and fall for His planned purpose and will, and s a nation, we are SO overdue for judgement.)

If you are ignorant or complicit in its erosion, history WILL--not might--will repeat itself.

“. . . I think a general Government [is] necessary for us, and there is no form of Government but what may be a blessing to the people if well administered, and believe farther that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years . . . can only end in Despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic Government, being incapable of any other...For when you assemble a number of men to have the advantage of their joint wisdom, you inevitably assemble with those men, all their prejudices, their passions, their errors of opinion, their local interests, and their selfish views. From such an assembly can a perfect production be expected? . . . Much of the strength & efficiency of any Government in procuring and securing happiness to the people, depends, on opinion, on the general opinion of the goodness of the Government, as well as of the wisdom and integrity of its Governors. I hope therefore that for our own sakes as a part of the people, and for the sake of posterity, we shall act heartily and unanimously in recommending this Constitution (if approved by Congress & confirmed by the Conventions) wherever our influence may extend, and turn our future thoughts & endeavors to the means of having it well administered.” Ben Franklin, September 17, 1787

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/17/1973

I fully support Chik Fil A!!!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Im curious why so few are even mentioning though what the mayors of two cities are doing. That is attempting to deny expansion of chick fil a into their cities based on what mr kathy said. That is NOT constitutionally correct.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

I support Mr.Cathy's right to say whatever he wants. Probably not the smartest thing. But, then again, it's not like he has the market cornered on saying dumb things.

It won't influence my decision to eat or not eat at Chick Fil A one way or the other. I like their food. That's all that matters.

Why is it not the "smartest" thing to stand up for your convictions and say how you believe, how you feel? Is that somehow wrong? Or are Christian Conservatives the only group expected to give up their voice and remain silent?

Explain to me exactly how what he said was "dumb."

Cobalt,

If one is running a for-profit business, it's usually not smart to alienate a certain segment of potential customers. That cost your business money. It would be the same if it were gender-based, race-based, religion-based, whatever.

I respect his (or anyone's) right to say whatever they want. They will reap what they sow, however it shakes down. It's not a huge deal to me personally.

Guest shiloh357

I support Mr.Cathy's right to say whatever he wants. Probably not the smartest thing. But, then again, it's not like he has the market cornered on saying dumb things.

It won't influence my decision to eat or not eat at Chick Fil A one way or the other. I like their food. That's all that matters.

Why is it not the "smartest" thing to stand up for your convictions and say how you believe, how you feel? Is that somehow wrong? Or are Christian Conservatives the only group expected to give up their voice and remain silent?

Explain to me exactly how what he said was "dumb."

Cobalt,

If one is running a for-profit business, it's usually not smart to alienate a certain segment of potential customers. That cost your business money. It would be the same if it were gender-based, race-based, religion-based, whatever.

I respect his (or anyone's) right to say whatever they want. They will reap what they sow, however it shakes down. It's not a huge deal to me personally.

Fortunately for us as Christians, we know that when we honor God, God will honor us. When we stand true to God's principles, He is our defense and He is also the one who rewards us for our obedience. We may pay a price in the short term for standing with the Lord, but we are the winners in the long run. We are to put God first and honor Him first and foremost. The price we pay in the short term cannot be compared with the reward the Lord lavishes on those who honor HIm.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Well members of my family were out in support for the founders of this company and for His Freedom of Speech.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I have a felling that it's going to get harder and harder for Christians to run and hide. There is a clear dividing line being drawn in this Nation. We will have to be wise and very faithful to the Lord.