Openly Curious

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

how many generations has there been since Christ??

I have not found this information given to us in the Bible. That information can simply not be given to us yet in the present time because "Christ is still yet to come in the future. It is because of this reason one cannot say because the generations simply are still going on they have not stopped yet.

That makes no sense at all. There has been a number of generations since Jesus walked on this earth and the number of those generations has nothing whatsoever to do with Jesus's return.

There has been no generations since Christ concerning his lineage. Since the birth of Christ on this earth there will be no more descendants in his lineage. The generations given to us in Matthew 1:1-17 ended at the birth of Christ for the promised one had come into the earth born of a virgin called Mary. Jesus was a descendant of Joseph being his earthly father this information has been given to us in Matthew chapter one. Jesus was the only begotten son of God for he had no natural children of his own. Thus he had no earthly descendants to carrying on in the future generations after him) Jesus did not come into the world to start up a natural earthly family but he came as the Saviour of this world. That is why I say there isn't anyone left to carry on future generations after him.

I'm not saying that there are no generations carrying on in this earth since Jesus was reserrection from the dead. But they're are earthly generations going on still in this life.

Now those who have accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior are the spritual descendants or heirs being the children of God. It is the saints who are carrying on the life of Christ to future generations as the message of the gospel is preached. As the lost receive Jesus as the sacrifice for their sins and have the promise of everlasting life. Which is why I say that the natural generations who have carried on after Christ do not have the promise of everlasting life. Instead the unbelievers have only the promise of eternal damnationin. Having no life to pass onto future generations through the message of the gospel. The unbelievers can only pass death onto future generations having not the life of Christ. The unbelivers in the world who do not have the life of Christ. Cannot pass down to their future generations life because they simply do not believe in the message of the gospel. That message being repent for the kingdom of God is at hand. What one does not have cannot be passed down to their future generations after them.

Yes there have been generations that have been carrying on in this earth since Christ was living in the earth. As we ourselves are also a part of those generations. But in those generations we were born into this world will all end in death as long as the people remain unregenerated in this world. Concerning those who have been regenerated made alive in Christ in their generations will end in everlasting life in the generations of heaven through Christ Jesus. The life of Christ that is within the believers is eternal and will not end at death. So as long as there are souls being redeemed and believers in this earth awaiting the promise of Christ's return. The generations of heaven have not come to an end as the longsuffering and the mercy of God continues in this world. The saints are the heirs and descendants of Christ who will never die again in our place for he ever liveth making intercession for us. But the earthly lineage in which Jesus was born into this world has ceased at his birth. It is the saints who continue on the life of Christ in the generations on earth by sharing the gospel message.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

He did have brothers, and they had kids and it may well be that one of us is a decendent of Mary and then there would have been a number of generations since them and that is what I inquired about.....

It was my question so stop trying to tell me what I meant :P

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

how many generations has there been since Christ??

ok, other one I gotcha now :lightbulb2: on your question you asked as I misunderstood the answer that you were seeking. My answer to your question would depend on how many years you consider a generation to be. There are different opinions on the number of years that are in a generation. Since I don't know the number of years you believe is in a generation. I can only give you a number of the generations that there has been since Christ. Based on the number of years I consider a generation to be. I consider and believe a generation is 80 years. I get this from the scripture saying God had cut the lifespan of man down to seventy years and by strength of days eighty years. I know people live passed eighty years and I consider those also to have strength of days even beyond the eighty years. But the majority of people don't make it passed eighty years. So based on 80 years being a generation it would go like this.......

80 years divided into 2012 = 25 generations