IGNORED

Exodus Passover: Did the firstborn of Egypt go to heaven?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/06/1993

Did the firstborn of Egypt end up in heaven, despite that they were born of the oppressive Egyptians? And since they're firstborn, does that mean that they could have been any age, and were of the age of accountablity?

I believe that every child ever born, no matter where or under whatever "religion", are innocent until they reach the point where they realize the difference between right and wrong; the age of accountability. That point is different with each child and known only to GOD. But, not all the firstborn of Eqypt that were killed were children. I would think that the majority had already reached the age of accountability. JMHO

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

The bible does not tell us, so it is conjecture on our part. However we do serve a just and loving God.

Some people make the mistake of thinking the firstborn in the case of the Passover were all children.

Not so. Let me give an example, using me.

I am the firstborn of our family. When my father died I was in my 40's and in my 50's when my mom died. They were both the firstborn of their families.

My nephew was about 14 at this time, and he was firstborn of my brothers family.

This means that my father, mother, me and my nephew would have died. The youngest was 14 and the oldest in his late 60's.

No children involved, and all capable of making the choice of salvation.

Because I Know The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Jacob

For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6

I Trust All Of God's Little Children Into His Care

And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.

Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die.

And Nathan departed unto his house. And the LORD struck the child that Uriah's wife bare unto David, and it was very sick.

David therefore besought God for the child; and David fasted, and went in, and lay all night upon the earth. And the elders of his house arose, and went to him, to raise him up from the earth: but he would not, neither did he eat bread with them. And it came to pass on the seventh day, that the child died. And the servants of David feared to tell him that the child was dead: for they said, Behold, while the child was yet alive, we spake unto him, and he would not hearken unto our voice: how will he then vex himself, if we tell him that the child is dead?

But when David saw that his servants whispered, David perceived that the child was dead: therefore David said unto his servants, Is the child dead? And they said, He is dead.

Then David arose from the earth, and washed, and anointed himself, and changed his apparel, and came into the house of the LORD, and worshipped: then he came to his own house; and when he required, they set bread before him, and he did eat.

Then said his servants unto him, What thing is this that thou hast done? thou didst fast and weep for the child, while it was alive; but when the child was dead, thou didst rise and eat bread.

And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live? But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me. 2 Samuel 12:13-23

Blessed Be The Name Of The LORD

Matthew 19:14 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

As for those who are old enough to make decisions of their own, God is the only one who can judge them. We don't condemn anyone to Hell because we are not the ones who makes the decision of who goes to Heaven and who goes to Hell. That judgement belongs only to God.

Man Chooses

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

And The Word

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. John 15:3

Measures

I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. John 12:46-48

There will be no one who can claim "ignorance" at the judgment. The earth and the heavens testify to GOD's existance. The entirety of scripture teaches of the need for and the coming of a Savior. The first was in the Garden of Eden, where GOD shed innocent blood to cover Adam and Eve's neckedness (sin). No one get's to the Father but through Christ.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Matthew 19:14 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

As for those who are old enough to make decisions of their own, God is the only one who can judge them. We don't condemn anyone to Hell because we are not the ones who makes the decision of who goes to Heaven and who goes to Hell. That judgement belongs only to God.

Man Chooses

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

And The Word

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. John 15:3

Measures

I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. John 12:46-48

I agree that it is man who chooses to be in Hell by deliberately and knowingly rejecting the One True God, but still we do not condemn anyone to Hell. We pray for God's mercy for everyone rather than for His judgement.

James 2:13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment!

If Christ can forgive the pagan Roman soldiers who nailed Him to the cross because of their ignorance, then we pray that God will also have mercy on those who don't believe because of their ignorance.

I agree. I think God will give every opportunity to the lost so that they may come to Him. We should always remember to pray for those who don't believe, even if they utterly reject our prayers.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

There will be no one who can claim "ignorance" at the judgment. The earth and the heavens testify to GOD's existance. The entirety of scripture teaches of the need for and the coming of a Savior. The first was in the Garden of Eden, where GOD shed innocent blood to cover Adam and Eve's neckedness (sin). No one get's to the Father but through Christ.

There are people in this world today who have never read the Holy Bible nor heard of the Jesus of the Bible because they were raised in another religion. Some countries such as those in Saudi Arabia have a ban on the Holy Bible, and Christian missionaries are forbidden from evangelizing there. So, it would make it difficult for anyone to read the Bible or hear the gospel preached in such countries, and it would not be their fault.

All we have is what the Bible says.

John 4:16. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

There are people in this world today who have never read the Holy Bible nor heard of the Jesus of the Bible because they were raised in another religion. Some countries such as those in Saudi Arabia have a ban on the Holy Bible, and Christian missionaries are forbidden from evangelizing there. So, it would make it difficult for anyone to read the Bible or hear the gospel preached in such countries, and it would not be their fault.

John 4:16. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Not everyone has the Bible because it's banned in some countries such as Saudi Arabia and Christians are forbidden to evangelize there.

I understand that, but those are Jesus' own words. I don't feel that there's much else that can be said, regardless of how we feel about it.

Not everyone has the Bible because it's banned in some countries such as Saudi Arabia and Christians are forbidden to evangelize there.

I understand that, but those are Jesus' own words. I don't feel that there's much else that can be said, regardless of how we feel about it.

Those words were said 2000 years ago. Muslims don't know that unless they actually read the Bible or hear the Gospel preached by Christians, which isn't going to happen due to the circumstances created by their own government.

Does that matter? All I know is what the Bible says. We can reason this out all we want, Jesus said what he said. Are you saying there's a way to the father that's NOT through Jesus, for people like muslims who have never heard the message?