HAZARD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Christians know that God will do right even by those who have never ever even heard of Him! or any other name associated with and to God.

God has revealed His method of dealing with these people even those who have never heard the gospel.

Paul stated in Romans 2:12-16 that God will do right by every man according to the light he has recieved. He said, "For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; (for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. For when the gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these having not the law, are a law unto themselves: which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the meanwhile accusing or else excusing one another;) In the day when God shall judge the secrets fo men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel."

My question is, why do self confessed non-believers, athiests who deny the existence of God, come to Christian boards. Most I have encountered do nothing but stir the pot amongst believers. Why do we even tolerate them at all? Many state, "I once was a believer, I was raised a Christian, etc.

They seem to know more than even God has revealed in Scripture? "I dont believe in the death sentence, I believe women should have the right to have an abortion, I believe religion should be kept out of schools, I believe in gay marriage," and on they go!!!!!!!!!!

Many come up with statments like this, "Our vision is of a society where religion is not privileged, one that lives and grows through evidence-based reasoning and secular values. A society where atheism is visible and accepted and atheists have equal rights and voices.

We want to engage the wider community, not isolate ourselves from it. We seek a level playing field with religious organisation. We don’t discriminate against religious people or seek special status ourselves, and we value the spirit of free enquiry. We work through education, activism and by representing the voice of reason and voices of atheism in public debate. We also get together to celebrate life and have fun.

In other words, they promote the works of Satan. Its the devils work and its allowed to go on here and many other Christian boards!

Paul wrote;

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people." (2 Corinthians 6:14-17).

Cheers, Haz.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

My question is, why do self confessed non-believers, athiests who deny the existence of God, come to Christian boards. Most I have encountered do nothing but stir the pot amongst believers. Why do we even tolerate them at all?

Worthy is a Ministry.

Do you think that Jesus would have told them to go away?

We don't know the heart of those that come to Worthy nor the reason.

If they obey the (TOS) then they are welcomed.

Worthy is an amazing chance for all those that know Jesus as their personal saviour to communicate with others;

believers, seekers and non believers.

"We believe that everyone is in need of God’s salvation. Mankind is absolutely unable to fulfill the heavy demands of God’s righteousness, holiness and glory. Therefore, God, in sending His Only Begotten Son, has accomplished redemption for us through the shedding of Jesus’ blood. Because of His Son’s death, God has forgiven us of our sins, reconciled us to Himself, and justified us by making Him our righteousness."

(http://www.worthynetwork.com/statement-of-faith)

Would you deny anyone the opportunity to hear about God's salvation?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I agree with ncn; Jesus did NOT turn away the nonbelievers, the wicked or the unclean. He wants us to reach out to those who need Him and Worthy does a good job of trying to welcome them. So many Christian forums don't allow nonbelievers....or even those who don't believe EXACTLY as the owners believe (a site with initials R.R. comes to mind!). Even if only ONE person was brought to God by this site, it would be worth it. :mgbowtie:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

i understand what you are saying but i have to agree with ncn.. Jesus would not turn anyone away.. One of His commandments is that we love our neighbor as we love ourselves and that includes.. atheists, gays, anyone and everyone..Just because they believe or don't believe doesn't give us the right to shun them or make ourselves better than them..

What we need to ask ourselves (those that believe ) is how rooted and grounded in Christ are you ?? Are you affecting them or are they infecting you.. When people who don't believe come to places like this we truly do not know the reason but Love believes the best and it is up to us to show who Christ is everywhere we go and to everyone we meet... Granted we are not perfect and we are all on different levels but the the whole nature of being a christian is becoming more like Christ...

So ask yourself ..W.W.J.D. .. :)))

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Christians know that God will do right even by those who have never ever even heard of Him! or any other name associated with and to God.

God has revealed His method of dealing with these people even those who have never heard the gospel.

Paul stated in Romans 2:12-16 that God will do right by every man according to the light he has recieved. He said, "For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; (for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. For when the gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these having not the law, are a law unto themselves: which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the meanwhile accusing or else excusing one another;) In the day when God shall judge the secrets fo men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel."

My question is, why do self confessed non-believers, athiests who deny the existence of God, come to Christian boards. Most I have encountered do nothing but stir the pot amongst believers. Why do we even tolerate them at all? Many state, "I once was a believer, I was raised a Christian, etc.

They seem to know more than even God has revealed in Scripture? "I dont believe in the death sentence, I believe women should have the right to have an abortion, I believe religion should be kept out of schools, I believe in gay marriage," and on they go!!!!!!!!!!

Many come up with statments like this, "Our vision is of a society where religion is not privileged, one that lives and grows through evidence-based reasoning and secular values. A society where atheism is visible and accepted and atheists have equal rights and voices.

We want to engage the wider community, not isolate ourselves from it. We seek a level playing field with religious organisation. We don’t discriminate against religious people or seek special status ourselves, and we value the spirit of free enquiry. We work through education, activism and by representing the voice of reason and voices of atheism in public debate. We also get together to celebrate life and have fun.

In other words, they promote the works of Satan. Its the devils work and its allowed to go on here and many other Christian boards!

Paul wrote;

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people." (2 Corinthians 6:14-17).

Cheers, Haz.

i wanted to say that in your last paragraph talking about dont be unequally yolked with unbelievers- that scripture is talking about our relationships with nonbelievers, not about having christian discussions on a public forum, so we need to keep scripture in its proper context.

Paul wrote;

Cheers, Haz.

i wanted to say that in your last paragraph talking about dont be unequally yolked with unbelievers- that scripture is talking about our relationships with nonbelievers, not about having christian discussions on a public forum, so we need to keep scripture in its proper context.

Right; God does not forbid His people from reaching out to the lost. I believe that 'unequally yoked' means marriage to a nonbeliever.

i understand what you are saying but i have to agree with ncn.. Jesus would not turn anyone away.. One of His commandments is that we love our neighbor as we love ourselves and that includes.. atheists, gays, anyone and everyone..Just because they believe or don't believe doesn't give us the right to shun them or make ourselves better than them..

What we need to ask ourselves (those that believe ) is how rooted and grounded in Christ are you ?? Are you affecting them or are they infecting you.. When people who don't believe come to places like this we truly do not know the reason but Love believes the best and it is up to us to show who Christ is everywhere we go and to everyone we meet... Granted we are not perfect and we are all on different levels but the the whole nature of being a christian is becoming more like Christ...

So ask yourself ..W.W.J.D. .. :)))

Exactly, LisaMarie. :mgbowtie:

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

I am refering to people who were raised as Christians and now are self professed athiests, ie, non-believers. Every one is entitled to their own opinions. Many X-Christian, now athiests decided to become so because remaining a follower of God would interfer with their chosen life style.

The answer to all these questions is quite clear. Righteousness cannot mix with lawlessness; light can have no communication with darkness; Christ and Belial cannot be of one accord; a believer cannot have part with an infidel; and there can be no agreement of the temple of God with idols. Keep your own ranks; do not leave Christians and join with unbelievers. Paul warned that some Corinthians were joining with non believers, partaking in idolatrous feasts and other practices that led to apostasy, (1 Cor. 8:3-13; 10:16-33).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Even if only ONE person was brought to God by this site, it would be worth it.

I personally know of several who have come to the Lord as a result of witnessing here. Yes many have not and a lot of trollish ones end up leaving. Overall though, many have come to know Him through here. On the forums and in chat.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

i understand what you are saying but i have to agree with ncn.. Jesus would not turn anyone away..

He did turn away pharisees and tell his disciples to shake the dust from their feet.