• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/26/1977

Can a backslidden follower lose salvation?

Hebrews 6:4-11 states:

4It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, 6if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, becauseb to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

7Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God. 8But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless and is in danger of being cursed. In the end it will be burned.

9Even though we speak like this, dear friends, we are confident of better things in your case—things that accompany salvation. 10God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. 11We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure. 12We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

What does this mean?

Thank you

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  16
  • Birthday:  03/26/1977

Seriously, does anyone have an explanation? Does it mean what it seems like it is saying? or does it need to be rightfully divided? What is falling away exactly?

I know the story of the parable of the lost son. I know that throughout the Old Testament God longs for His people to repent and come back. Can salvation be forfeited by a season of living in sin. Is this what it means to fall away?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Can a backslidden follower lose salvation?

Yes.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/13/1974

Please go to

this will help with any questions concerning. God bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

When we return to living in sin we resist the reproof of the Holy Spirit. In doing so we harden our hearts, and we are in danger of continuing to harden our hearts the longer we resist God. He will continue to pursue us until we repent or die. It is never too late to repent. But it often gets harder as time goes on. The only thing that stands in our way is our pride. People who do repent late in life usually regret the "lost" years when they didn't live for the Lord. Those works will be burned but they will be saved.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Birthday:  08/05/1971

I watch (one of my fav shows) ask the pastor and this question comes up a lot and from my understanding if somebody chooses to tturn from God and denounce him yes, but on the flip side was he truly saved then?? No I believe not...yes we are not perfect and are always in need of guidance from the Holy Spirit on our actions thought and ways.

to "lose" something means it happens unintentionally against our will.

to be snatched (out of God's hand) means it happens unintentionally and against our will.

one can't LOSE their salvation, but they can certainly choose to throw it away in favor of living to please themselves.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I watch (one of my fav shows) ask the pastor and this question comes up a lot and from my understanding if somebody chooses to tturn from God and denounce him yes, but on the flip side was he truly saved then?? No I believe not...yes we are not perfect and are always in need of guidance from the Holy Spirit on our actions thought and ways.

well, I do not necessairly believe the person was never saved...take David for example...he sinned grievously commiting both adultery and

murder by proxy

He never stopped believing in God and he did repent...but paid for those sins the rest of his life

You can come back (I did and I know I was really saved the 'first' time) but you really just want to stay to begin with. Sometimes

the smell of sulfur hangs around an awful long time

Actually, God went out of His way to bring me back...there is the story of the one lost sheep and the son who ran off and spent

his fortune to illustrate that people can sin and yet God still seeks them or they are in such misery they come back to Him

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

4It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, 6if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, becauseb to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Yes, but how do you reconcile that with many other scriptures indicating a person can backslide (the term used) but then repent of their sin

and live for God (not meaning someone who bounces back and forth regularly)

Do you see that as someone who denies God or lives sinfully?