• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Probably going to get insulted because of this....so call me stupid or clueless if you want...but...

Why can a company not just do these things without having to be so vocal? This whole mess seeing as they did a complete flip flop seems to demonstrate they were in it for the publicity.

As someone told me when I mentioned this to him, why not concern themselves with what they should be doing...serving food? Not that they should not have voices but there are right and wrong ways to go about it...

No, no insults. However, I am wondering how you interpreted things this way.

Cathy's letter was private. It was the Moreno guy that ran to the media with a mischaracterized announcement of the letter's content.

Had read an article or two about Chick-fil-a no longer supporting companies or the like the support marriage between man and woman. So naturally....I figured....that was a flip flop. Either way...this is nothing short of a publicity stunt. With this much media....and this much controversy and this much uncertainty about a held position. It is hard to see it as anything less.

Please do not request me to share links supporting my claim as when I make the same request, all I get is excuse after excuse as to why it cannot be done.

With that, I bow out...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

LOL enoob! :) I always enjoy your take on things

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Had read an article or two about Chick-fil-a no longer supporting companies or the like the support marriage between man and woman. So naturally....I figured....that was a flip flop. Either way...this is nothing short of a publicity stunt. With this much media....and this much controversy and this much uncertainty about a held position. It is hard to see it as anything less.

Please do not request me to share links supporting my claim as when I make the same request, all I get is excuse after excuse as to why it cannot be done.

With that, I bow out...

Sorry, I wasn't trying to attack, just working out how different conclusions were drawn.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

From the Chic-Fil-A website:

Sep. 20, 2012

Chick-fil-A: Who We Are. A Response to Recent Controversy.

For many months now, Chick-fil-A’s corporate giving has been mischaracterized. And while our sincere intent has been to remain out of this political and social debate, events from Chicago this week have once again resulted in questions around our giving.

For many months now, Chick-fil-A’s corporate giving has been mischaracterized. And while our sincere intent has been to remain out of this political and social debate, events from Chicago this week have once again resulted in questions around our giving. For that reason, we want to provide some context and clarity around who we are, what we believe and our priorities in relation to corporate giving

This is why I believe it was an attack from Moreno. Cathy was trying to quiet down the controversy, and Moreno re-lit the fires.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

What did Chicago Metro-Counsel hold over "Chick fil a's" head, or did they bent the CEO's arm behind his back 'til he cried uncle..

All they are doing is not supporting organizations that are openly antaganistic towards homosexuals. That is not a change in morals or values. It is not a cave to the gay lobby. It is a wise business decision while keeping themselves out there as a face for Christian morals.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

All they are doing is not supporting organizations that are openly antaganistic towards homosexuals. That is not a change in morals or values. It is not a cave to the gay lobby. It is a wise business decision while keeping themselves out there as a face for Christian morals.

parker you should read the latest article-from my understanding, they didn't change their giving at all, the original article was written in an attempt to make them look like they did, so they would lose their support base (the christians) whove been keeping it in business.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Since my original post, this info has come out.

http://news.yahoo.co...s-politics.html

I posted a correction of my original post as soon as I got the news that I was in fact wrong and chick fil a did not cave in. The above is the correction.

parker you should read the latest article-from my understanding, they didn't change their giving at all, the original article was written in an attempt to make them look like they did, so they would lose their support base (the christians) whove been keeping it in business.

Actually, I got the information from an email I received from Focus on the Family. Now I can't find it. I may have misunderstood. From what is read like to me, they were just not going to give to agressively anti-gay groups, not those like Focus on the Family. Anyway, go Chick-fil-a!!

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

they havent changed their giving-even to Focus on the Family.