• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,373
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

By Joseph DeCaro, Worthy News Correspondent

american-christianity.jpgWASHINGTON, D.C. (Worthy News)– A joint report by Liberty Institute and the Family Research Council shows that anti-Christian persecution is not only increasing in America, but that it's coming from our own government.

"There are children being prohibited from writing Merry Christmas to the soldiers, senior citizens being banned from praying over their meals in the Senior Center, the VA banning the mention of God in military funerals, numerous attempts to have veterans memorials torn down if they have any religious symbols, such as a cross, and I could go on and on," said Liberty Institute Founder Kelly Shackleford.

"Religious hostility is the red light on the dashboard that tells us we have a problem and that violence will come next if not fixed," Shackleford said. "The recent attacks on the faith-based Family Research Council and the attack on the Sikhs are recent examples alone."

Many public facilities are also masking American Christianity, according to ACLJ senior counsel David French.

"One of the most strident examples: the misuse of the Establishment Clause to attempt to ban any mention of God from historical markers, monuments or even museum exhibits. This represents an effort to whitewash God from American history and change our national identity."

French said that though the Obama administration has contributed to this, it didn't begin with his inauguration; in fact, anti-Christian persecution has been stewing here in America for decades.

"While the Obama administration launched its own unprecedented assault on religious liberty through Obamacare, the attack on Christian expression is the result of cultural changes that have been taking place for decades … the trend began with the advent of the sexual revolution and the mainstreaming of the 1960s counterculture. As leftist radicals have progressed through the academy, media, churches and government, the trend has only accelerated."

Shackleford said a plethora of new court cases has sped-up this trend.

"The seeds for these attacks were dropped in Supreme Court opinions in the ’40s and it really began to take off in the 1960s. The thing that is shocking now, and different, is that the attacks have dramatically picked up speed. There can be as many as 100 new attacks in a month. While Liberty Institute has the highest win rate of any group in the country at over 99 percent, we just can’t currently cover all these with our current resources."

Other examples of anti-Christian persecution by the U.S. government in the joint report are:

- Federal judges who threatened to incarcerate a high school valedictorian unless she removed all references to Jesus from her graduation speech and who decided that prayer before a state House of Representatives couldn't be to Jesus.

- Public school officials who prohibited students from handing out gifts containing religious messages and who stopped another student from handing out flyers inviting classmates to a church event.

- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs ban against any mention of God in veterans’ funerals, despite the desires of families of the deceased.

View the full article

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/13/1974

And the troubles are just beginning. It reminds me of the old word trick -- GODISNOWHERE -- We choose what we see in life based on our own actions. Unless we start putting God first again, we will begain shortly to see the trouble they are seeing across seas. It would be interesting to know how the freedom of religion is presently in Canada. Thanks for all of your time you put into finding these articles and posting. It certainly contains things I like checking daily for. God bless

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you for posting this article!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

Not only are they taking God out of public places and speeches.

But, I heard that they are thinking of taking it off of the U.S.currency....the words, "In God We Trust".

I guess it is because the United States has a lot of people living here now, that are from different countries,

...and with different religious beliefs.

I think that could be one of the reasons...for the changes.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

And the troubles are just beginning. It reminds me of the old word trick -- GODISNOWHERE -- We choose what we see in life based on our own actions. Unless we start putting God first again, we will begain shortly to see the trouble they are seeing across seas. It would be interesting to know how the freedom of religion is presently in Canada. Thanks for all of your time you put into finding these articles and posting. It certainly contains things I like checking daily for. God bless

Our Prime Minister is Christian but unfortunately that doesnt mean he controls all things. Our society is rapidly becoming a new age based (people want to worship themselves or things) or faithless but our Prime Minister bless's Israel. Because he bless's Israel God bless's us.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/13/1974

Our Prime Minister is Christian but unfortunately that doesnt mean he controls all things. Our society is rapidly becoming a new age based (people want to worship themselves or things) or faithless but our Prime Minister bless's Israel. Because he bless's Israel God bless's us.

Ironicly, many Christians today do not see where Israel should be supported or protected. Sad indeed. The U.S. use to be a huge supporter but that is changing fast. I am happy to hear your leader is a Christian. Unfortuntly, we will not even have that option for another four and a half years from now.

Perhaps in the near future you can see a real live movie called "When Christian nations go bad". I do hope the best for Canadas future. We use to go there (before the passport requirements) a lot on vacations as our house is in MI, and Canada certainly is a country blessed by God. Toronto is a beautifil city, along with the falls an hour away, but I think my favorite was our trip across the straights to WA Wa Canada.

Thanks for sharing. God bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

I also thank God for our Prime Minister and his stand on Israel. There is a startling change coming and it is time the "Christian Community" stood up. A Catholic Board because they took public money for their high schools are now providing carpeted prayer rooms for the Muslim students. Let's see how long before the "Christians" demand a right to pray in the public schools.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

My son had a bully at school and very few friends. He brought his bible to school one day. On the way to the bus I was concerned well, just because this would put a bigger target on him. I asked him are you SURE you want to bring your Bible (not voicing my concern). He said yes, if Jesus is my only friend I'm bringing him to school!

No one said a word about his bible except 2 children who came & asked questions at lunch. Praise the Lord!!

We need to start praying for our schools as well. The board can remove faith but wherever my son goes Jesus is also and the same can be said about any believing teacher or student in the system.

It wont be long before they require him to leave the book at home. Up side is the bully was removed from our school & a year after, the rest of the kids finally settled into not making my son the target.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

By Joseph DeCaro, Worthy News Correspondent

american-christianity.jpgWASHINGTON, D.C. (Worthy News)– A joint report by Liberty Institute and the Family Research Council shows that anti-Christian persecution is not only increasing in America, but that it's coming from our own government.

"There are children being prohibited from writing Merry Christmas to the soldiers, senior citizens being banned from praying over their meals in the Senior Center, the VA banning the mention of God in military funerals, numerous attempts to have veterans memorials torn down if they have any religious symbols, such as a cross, and I could go on and on," said Liberty Institute Founder Kelly Shackleford.

"Religious hostility is the red light on the dashboard that tells us we have a problem and that violence will come next if not fixed," Shackleford said. "The recent attacks on the faith-based Family Research Council and the attack on the Sikhs are recent examples alone."

Many public facilities are also masking American Christianity, according to ACLJ senior counsel David French.

"One of the most strident examples: the misuse of the Establishment Clause to attempt to ban any mention of God from historical markers, monuments or even museum exhibits. This represents an effort to whitewash God from American history and change our national identity."

French said that though the Obama administration has contributed to this, it didn't begin with his inauguration; in fact, anti-Christian persecution has been stewing here in America for decades.

"While the Obama administration launched its own unprecedented assault on religious liberty through Obamacare, the attack on Christian expression is the result of cultural changes that have been taking place for decades … the trend began with the advent of the sexual revolution and the mainstreaming of the 1960s counterculture. As leftist radicals have progressed through the academy, media, churches and government, the trend has only accelerated."

Shackleford said a plethora of new court cases has sped-up this trend.

"The seeds for these attacks were dropped in Supreme Court opinions in the ’40s and it really began to take off in the 1960s. The thing that is shocking now, and different, is that the attacks have dramatically picked up speed. There can be as many as 100 new attacks in a month. While Liberty Institute has the highest win rate of any group in the country at over 99 percent, we just can’t currently cover all these with our current resources."

Other examples of anti-Christian persecution by the U.S. government in the joint report are:

- Federal judges who threatened to incarcerate a high school valedictorian unless she removed all references to Jesus from her graduation speech and who decided that prayer before a state House of Representatives couldn't be to Jesus.

- Public school officials who prohibited students from handing out gifts containing religious messages and who stopped another student from handing out flyers inviting classmates to a church event.

- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs ban against any mention of God in veterans’ funerals, despite the desires of families of the deceased.

View the full article

It's very sad and the beginning of more trouble.... :(