GoldenEagle

De-Evolution of Culture Poll  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe homosexuality is morally wrong?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. Do you believe that people living together before marriage is a sin?

• Yes.
    • No.
  3. 3. Do you believe that spouses should be faithful to one another and not commit adultery?

• Yes.
    • No.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Two people simply living together is not a sin. But it can lead to lust and fornication, which are sins. However, if this couple joins together in faith before GOD to be man and wife as the Scriptures mandate, that may be a different story and not sinful. I personally believe that GOD sees that as marrage. On that point, I guess it depends on whether one believes that couples marriages must be sanctioned by the State in order to be valid.

Excellent points Parker. People have been brainwashed to believe that if the government doesn't recognize it as legal that it is not legitimate in Gods eyes. Simply not true.

Gary

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Two people simply living together is not a sin. But it can lead to lust and fornication, which are sins. However, if this couple joins together in faith before GOD to be man and wife as the Scriptures mandate, that may be a different story and not sinful. I personally believe that GOD sees that as marrage. On that point, I guess it depends on whether one believes that couples marriages must be sanctioned by the State in order to be valid.

I guess my original question was dealing more with two adults (male and female) living together as husband and wife before marriage before God (but I guess one could say the state as well)... The question was more directed at people (particularly Christians) that don't see this as a sinful relationship and how one could possibly justify this Biblically or otherwise.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

I guess my original question was dealing more with two adults (male and female) living together as husband and wife before marriage before God (but I guess one could say the state as well)... The question was more directed at people (particularly Christians) that don't see this as a sinful relationship and how one could possibly justify this Biblically or otherwise.

just because a male lives with a female doesn't mean there in sin, it's what they do before there married is what's the issue. if i'm not mistaken apostal paul had women stay at the same place he was staying out of convenience a few times.

just because a male lives with a female doesn't mean there in sin, it's what they do before there married is what's the issue. if i'm not mistaken apostal paul had women stay at the same place he was staying out of convenience a few times.

Okay so help me understand what you're saying. Are you saying that two people who live together in a romantic/physical relationship (and we all know that living together implies other things) before they're married is not a sin?

If so what is the Biblical backing for this please?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Okay so help me understand what you're saying. Are you saying that two people who live together in a romantic/physical relationship (and we all know that living together implies other things) before they're married is not a sin?

come on, just because 2 people of the opposite sex live together doesn't mean that they are having sex- remember god has giving us a spirit of self control. we shouldn't let man's or church tradition overshadow what the word says. be blessed.

can you give me scripture that states a man and a woman must live in seperate buildings?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

come on, just because 2 people of the opposite sex live together doesn't mean that they are having sex- remember god has giving us a spirit of self control. we shouldn't let man's or church tradition overshadow what the word says. be blessed.

can you give me scripture that states a man and a woman must live in seperate buildings?

Forgive me for jumping in, but in my opinion, having non-related single people of the opposite sex living together is like like putting a steak dinner in front of a starving person and expecting them not to eat it.

I agree if two people of the opposite sex live together it doesn't mean they're engaging in sex - especially if they are not romantically involved. Perhaps the distinction wasn't apparent. So a roomate is one thing... But I'm talking about two people who are living together as husband and wife without being married before God or otherwise. What do you think of this?

God has given us a spirit of self-control. At best some things permissible but not beneficial?

Re: Scritpture... Sorry I asked first. But I do have some passages to discuss if you don't have anything you'd like to present first. ;)

Forgive me for jumping in, but in my opinion, having non-related single people of the opposite sex living together is like like putting a steak dinner in front of a starving person and expecting them not to eat it.

Lol. Tinky. Good analogy.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Not to take this thread too off track, but I for one am not afraid to read books or look at other material that could potentially challenge my faith. I sometimes like having my faith challenged, so I can really do an honest assessment of the arguments. Of course I've never been swayed away from God, but there are doctrine related things I do struggle with. Having to reconcile these is an ongoing project of mine.

Not to take this thread too off track, but I for one am not afraid to read books or look at other material that could potentially challenge my faith. I sometimes like having my faith challenged, so I can really do an honest assessment of the arguments. Of course I've never been swayed away from God, but there are doctrine related things I do struggle with. Having to reconcile these is an ongoing project of mine.

I understand. I'm not afraid either. To clarify it was just a caution to exclusively reading other materials and at the same time not reading the Bible. Comparing teachings to God's Word (The Bible) always results in seeing the truth. Even if we reject that truth. Not having the comparison though leaves room for serious error would you agree?