• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

You misunderstand, he's not saying the people aren't serious. It's the percentage of scientists who are in opposition to evolution is an insignificant amount - 99.9% support evolution. .01% at best don't support it - this is not a serious opposition

76.4% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Gary

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  730
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/13/1993

You misunderstand, he's not saying the people aren't serious. It's the percentage of scientists who are in opposition to evolution is an insignificant amount - 99.9% support evolution. .01% at best don't support it - this is not a serious opposition

76.4% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Gary

This actually isn't a made up statistic. Over 99% of scientists in the field do believe evolution is true according to a multitude of sources including the Academy of Sciences.

This actually isn't a made up statistic. Over 99% of scientists in the field do believe evolution is true according to a multitude of sources including the Academy of Sciences.

LOL - what exactly does your "evolution" that 99% of scientists believe in really mean? I believe biological evolution (i.e., variation in finch beak size) is true as do all the informed folks I know. What is this "evolution" you refer to? Define your term, please.

finchbeakssml.jpg

The evolution they were referring to in the statistic is the Darwinian Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection.

The evolution they were referring to in the statistic is the Darwinian Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection.

And what does that mean to you? Why does a scientist such as Roland Hirschas noted above say that modern science makes it possible to be a scientifically informed doubter of Darwinian theories of evolution? He is not appealing to religion as a rejection of Darwinism - he is appealing to science.

What does it mean to me? It means that 99% of the experts agree the Darwin's Theory provides us the best explanation for life as we know it. It's pretty much that simple. As a Christian supporter of the theory this poses no problem to me as I like Augustine, Origen and others before me, I read the Genesis creation account as allegorical.

What does it mean to me? It means that 99% of the experts agree the Darwin's Theory provides us the best explanation for life as we know it. It's pretty much that simple.

Do you have facts to support your 99% or do you pull it out of the air? Does the Bible teach amoeba-to-man evolution via unguided chance? Maybe you need to understand that which you preach my friend. Yes?

As a Christian supporter of the theory this poses no problem to me as I like Augustine, Origen and others before me, I read the Genesis creation account as allegorical.

But Augustine believed via what he read in the Bible that the Earth was created about 5600 BC. How does that work for the billions of years needed to turn butterflies into you?

Ok... so as to the first issue, yes I believe science does back up the validity of Darwinian evolution whether it be genetics, bones or body parts no longer requires by certain species but that still exist, fossil records showing definite similarities between what one may call parent species and current species on Earth, etc.

As to the issue of if the Bible teaches evolution, it does not in my opinion. However, I would contend that with the allegorical interpretation of the Creation account (one held by multiple early Christians - see below), it does not rule out evolution either.

I addressed the Augustinian issue in Post 122 and you did not deign to respond again. I thought the issue was closed but apparently you like grasping at straws. Please read post 122 and respond to it or concede the Augustinian issue. Thanks!

In regards to an annoying thing in your post: Evolution does not postulate butterflies became human.

It's a good thing you don't have a tendency to misrepresent information or make far reaching conclusions... oh, but you do...

A Misrepresentation Of Infallible Inviolate Truth

hath god said, Genesis 3:1(c )

From That Evil Old Father Of Lies

And Liars

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. John 8:44

And Tendencies Do

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17

Seem To Run

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2

In Families

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15

You See

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

~

Believe

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; Romans 10:8

And Be Blessed Beloved

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10

Love, Joe

.... Their effort to shove Intelligent Design down the throats of public schools is a well-documented epic failure.

God's Intelligence Is Clearly And Concisely Seen In Every Field Of Science

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard. Psalms 19:1-3

And Only The Very Deceived And The Totally Blind Could Deny It

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3

Oh Yeah Huh........

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 2 Corinthians 4:3-4

Doesn't the Darwinian myth claim that humans and butterflies have a common ancestor if you go back into deep time far enough? Does Darwinism say chimps and humans share a common ancestor? Can you support that notion via real science without simply waiving you hands in the air and saying it happened because Darwinists say it happened (circular reasoning at its best)?

:thumbsup:

~

As Taught To Me In The U.S. Public Schools (In The 50's)

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, Romans 1:18-22

And Funded By That Old Anti-Knowledge Gang

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 2 Peter 3:5

Your Root Ancestor Is A Rock And A Drip

The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. 1 Corinthians 15:47

And Your Father Was Once A Tree

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 2 Timothy 4:3-4

And Your Mother Is A Turnip

Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding? Isaiah 29:16

And We Are Animals

Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth? Ecclesiastes 3:21

With Death Our

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:28-29

Only Hope

Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God. Psalms 42:11

~

Some Real Smart Fellows You Think

LORD, how long shall the wicked, how long shall the wicked triumph? How long shall they utter and speak hard things? and all the workers of iniquity boast themselves?

They break in pieces thy people, O LORD, and afflict thine heritage. They slay the widow and the stranger, and murder the fatherless.

Yet they say, The LORD shall not see, neither shall the God of Jacob regard it.

Understand, ye brutish among the people: and ye fools, when will ye be wise?

He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? he that formed the eye, shall he not see? He that chastiseth the heathen, shall not he correct? he that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he know? The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.

Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law; That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.

For the LORD will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance.

But judgment shall return unto righteousness: and all the upright in heart shall follow it. Psalms 94:3-15

Hum.....

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

You really don't comprehend much do you? The purpose of the percentages was to debunk your deceitful inference that "many" or "hundreds" was a significant trend.

I comprehend that your ‘logic’ has slipped a cog, partner and the truth remains true—hundreds of PhD scientists have examined Darwinism and decided to become ‘scientifically informed doubters of Darwinian theories of evolution’. They have gone where the evidence leads and determined that scientifically Darwinism is a failed concept – the “great white elephant of contemporary thought”…

“Darwin’s theory of evolution is the great white elephant of contemporary thought..it is large, almost completely useless, and the object of superstitious awe.” ~ David Berlinski, mathematician and philosopher of science

Oh, look what a mathmetician/philosopher says about the Theory of Evolution! You really love fallacies don't you?

{{{{ Removed video link: Please submit videos in the video forum for approval. Thank you. }}}}

I find it interesting that you keep avoiding talking about the videos I posted. Especially since the person addressing ID and the TOE is a Christian,

Look up the Dover Trial transcripts to read Behe's epic fail regarding the immune system.

The Wedge document I linked and quoted shows that science matters very little.

A video explaining this... Kenneth R. Miller again.

ID is not science...

From the ruling conclusion...

The proper application of both the endorsement and Lemon tests to the facts

of this case makes it abundantly clear that the Board’s ID Policy violates the

Establishment Clause. In making this determination, we have addressed the

seminal question of whether ID is science. We have concluded that it is not, and

moreover that ID cannot uncouple itself from its creationist, and thus religious,

antecedents.

Both Defendants and many of the leading proponents of ID make a bedrock

assumption which is utterly false. Their presupposition is that evolutionary theory

is antithetical to a belief in the existence of a supreme being and to religion in

general. Repeatedly in this trial, Plaintiffs’ scientific experts testified that the

theory of evolution represents good science, is overwhelmingly accepted by the

scientific community, and that it in no way conflicts with, nor does it deny, the

existence of a divine creator.

To preserve the separation of church and state mandated by the

Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution,

and Art. I, § 3 of the Pennsylvania Constitution, we will enter an order

permanently enjoining Defendants from maintaining the ID Policy in any school

within the Dover Area School District, from requiring teachers to denigrate or

disparage the scientific theory of evolution, and from requiring teachers to refer to

a religious, alternative theory known as ID.

Are you an ID proponent? Do you sleep in the same bed as the Discovery Institute?

Edited by GoldenEagle
{{{{ Removed video link: Please submit videos in the video forum for approval. Thank you. }}}}

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,015
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Becoming a fool must be burdensome task...

slowpoker of truth deeming the majority of lies greater value than simple truth That God 'IS' ...

You are in a world sir of majority that denies God 'IS' and great amounts of wrong does not bring to

right -> calling God a Liar 'IS' the eternal flame of homecoming for all that agree that we came

from rocks! Love, Steven