WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,323
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

The number of American workers collecting federal disability insurance benefits hit yet another record high in October, according to the Social Security Administration.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/cnsnews-com-news-article-8803335-another-new-record-disability-975-day-under-obama/

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

We'll we babyboomers are getting older and beginning to suffer debilitating ilnesses. When we die off the numbers will go down.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

the problem is that we don't seem to die off quick enough.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

We'll we babyboomers are getting older and beginning to suffer debilitating ilnesses. When we die off the numbers will go down.

This is a point that many simply don't take into account....as I move toward the half century mark, I wonder if I will be one of those included in that statistic in the future.

This is a point that many simply don't take into account....as I move toward the half century mark, I wonder if I will be one of those included in that statistic in the future.

I don't believe this is speaking of people on social security or medicare....... it sounds like it is speaking of people who have been hurt at work.

It may actually add to this if we postpone retirement age if people don't get in better shape. I'm not sure I could have done my job until the age of 70.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

This number includes those who cannot work due to suffering mental illness. I met a 20 year old man who just got approved for SSI DI because he continually was getting fired due to having a poor attitude and lashing out at people. He just received a $3,000 check in back pay for the time he was awaiting approval.

Gary

This number includes those who cannot work due to suffering mental illness. I met a 20 year old man who just got approved for SSI DI because he continually was getting fired due to having a poor attitude and lashing out at people. He just received a $3,000 check in back pay for the time he was awaiting approval.

Gary

I've worked with a couple of people who had that problem during the near 40 years with Xerox. We had long talks with their managers and was simply asked to ignore their behavior. they made very good key operators for some of our larger machines but it was a little odd to be called a low life sob for no reason whatsoever. It was probably wrong of me, but it relieved tension if I cussed back at him..... he'd usually just smile and go about his business. Totally weird experience. Fortunately for him he didn't have any contact with the public. Neither of them were ever violent physically in any way. I've worked with some really strange people over the years.