IGNORED

What is the standard by which we will be judged?

TrackerJack

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

So are there TWO standards?

No.

We're all under the same standard. Christ is our propitiation. Our sins are no longer remembered, because of what Jesus did on the cross.

But those sins are defined under the law.

Edited by TrackerJack

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/18/1958

How will we be judged when we enter God's presence?

I believe that the answer is as simple as understanding the words of the two thieves who were crucified with Christ! One thief mocked Christ and the other seems to have repented and accepted Christ as God! This accounting from St. Luke speaks nothing of baptism nor works.

Luke 23:39-43

New International Version (NIV)

39 One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”(A)

40 But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? 41 We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”(B)

42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.[a](C)

43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”(D)

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  9
  • Birthday:  03/18/1958

As a Christian, I simply need Jesus. My Savior came and shed his blood upon the tree on Calvary because he loved me. He was buried and subsequently resurrected unto life again by the Holy Spirit of the Living God. He came again and taught his disciples before he was raised bodily into Heaven and received of a cloud where he stands at the right hand of God our Father. He sent Jim Shaffer unto me to preach and teach the Gospel to me after I was made ready to hear it. The Father revealed unto my heart that Jesus was in fact his Son who has been made Lord over all and is the express image of his person. And now I have the Spirit of God in me and he teaches me the truth about the word of God and empowers me to do all his will. I have received a love of the truth and desire to walk in all his ways through the power of his Spirit and not according to my own strength. The love of God is being perfected in me and shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Spirit and I have no fear of standing before him when judgment comes. I simply need Jesus as both Lord and Savior. I need to love God and hate evil. End of story.

Amen Brother! That is as good of a Christian pledge as I have ever heard.

• Content Count:  2

TrackerJack.....so all sin is defined by the 613 laws of Torah?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

Revelations 20:12 states this, "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

The key word here is "dead". The dead are judged according to their works. If you read earlier in the chapter, you will see the believers have already been ressurected at the first ressurection and are alive, spiritually and physically. The "dead" in verse 12 are those who had no part in the first ressurection - they are the ones from the "second death".

If you are a believer, you will be judged through Christ's work on the cross, not by your merit or works (Romans 3:24-28) and you will be made alive in the first ressurection:

Revelation 20:4 This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years....

If you are a believer, this next part of chapter 20 is not relevant to your destiny.

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Edited by AlexanderJ

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

No one under the law ever achieved righteousness by keeping the law because no one ever kept the law, except Jesus of course. The sacrifices were an atonement for their sins, a passing over but never taking away the penalty of sin. It was the believing that God would passover their sins that provided their salvation. Christ was the propititation for all the sin debt of all ages. Heb 10:14 for by one offering He has perfected for ever those who are sancticied. And this passage tells us that it was His death and sacrifice that gives them their eternal life in v15. Heb 9:11-15 But Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come,[a] with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation. 12 Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. 13 For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh, 14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Sin Not

Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame. 1 Corinthians 15:33-34

~

We are fully righteous, justified in the eyes of the Father, by the blood of Christ that covers us.

So I have a license to sin?

:thumbsup:

We Have A License Called Grace

So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham. For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. Galatians 3:9-14

The Grace Not To Sin

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. Colossians 3:1-3

And A High Priest

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, Revelation 1:5

Who Never Stops

But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood. Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. Hebrews 7:24-25

From Pulling Us

If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:6-10

Out The Mud

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I do observe the dietary laws.

I am circumcised.

I observe the feasts.

I observe the Sabbath.

I wear zitzits.

I try not to wear clothes with mixed fibers.

I garden with heirloom seeds.

I try to adhere to the rest of the Law.

But none of that saves me. Jesus Christ is my Savior and Lord.

I choose to do these things, because God does not want to be worshipped the way the pagans worship their gods. He's said these things please me and those things don't.

I keep the law because of my Love for God. (The greatest commandment)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

I do observe the dietary laws.

I am circumcised.

I observe the feasts.

I observe the Sabbath.

I wear zitzits.

I try not to wear clothes with mixed fibers.

I garden with heirloom seeds.

I try to adhere to the rest of the Law.

But none of that saves me. Jesus Christ is my Savior and Lord.

I choose to do these things, because God does not want to be worshipped the way the pagans worship their gods. He's said these things please me and those things don't.

I keep the law because of my Love for God. (The greatest commandment)

But isn't mixing the Law with Grace a bad combination?