AlexanderJ

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

name='Bold Believer' The meaning of the term 'antichrist' is given by John in the text of First John. You can't change that no matter how hard you try. The concept of the perfect number is a theological one, true, but one held to by many Believers.

The idea of changing its meaning did not come from my posting it. Why would I, if scripture does not support an idea, it cannot be verified as coming from God. Let's look at what at how the Holy Spirit describe antichrist by John:

1John2: 18-23 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things. 21 I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. 23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also. This is the spirit of antichrist which indwells all those who oppose Jesus Christ and the Father.

And as v22 declares that the ones that do this are liars and scripture says that the Devil is a liar from the beginning. And just as he possessed Judas he will do during the tribulation in the beast and the false prophet, both of whom have the spirit of antichrist within them as we shall see John describe those who deny Christ in chapter 4 in another paragraph later. But here I want to show the beast and the false prophet doing the work of their father, the one behind all liars, the Devil.

Rev 19:19- Chapter 20:1-3 And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army. 20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh.

Chapter 20 1Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3 and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

These two, the beast and the false prophet along with Satan thrown into the bottomless pit during the Kingdom reign of Christ. As I asked before and got no answer, I ask again, where do these events fit into your theory of when the tribulation was 2000 years ago. Was the devil bound, is he free now? And it is clear to see that the spirit of antichrist indwells these two, and that spirit is their father, the devil as Jesus told those who opposed Him, you are of your father, the devil.

John 8:42-44 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. 43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

1John 4:1-6 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. 5 They are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them. 6 We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

This adds to the chapter 2 passage as to why believers test the spirits, and that is by the Holy Spirit leading our hearts and minds and knowing and applying the word of God. Those that are attempting to purposely mislead the saints are doing the work of their father, the devil, as John describes the beast and the false prophet. Which brings this question to mind concerning your explanation that the tribulation already has happened. The two prophets of God who will be killed and who had power from God to destroy those who came against them when it was God's purpose and they were killed and then raised back to life, when did these events take place in your tribulation time?

2 John 7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh.

This is a deceiver and an antichrist. So reading from these passages where does it negate what I have said will happen during the 7 years of tribulation when it comes to pass as John has been shown by the Lord, after all it is the Revelations of Jesus Christ.

Unless it is something specific this will end my response on the subject, let each one who reads what I have posted and if it does not bear witness to the truth, they can reject it without my taking no offense.

Edited by GoldenEagle
to help distinguish between posters comments and Scripture...