IGNORED

Pat Robertson: Dinosaurs From Before Time Of The Bible

Tinky

So the T-rex was eating berries and plants. I'm sorry but that is comical.

The "young earth" literalist rendering of Genesis forces its adherents into many amusing and contradictory positions. T rex teeth which were about 4 feet in length and designed for tearing into flesh. That we know. But against all reason and the revelation of science and nature, some insist on confounding good sense by trying to fit the evidence into an interpretation of Genesis instead of letting the evidence speak for itself.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

It is my personal belief that once the earth is as full as God wants it to be, there will be an end to animal reproduction as well.

Do you think we could have a special dispensation for the mice in our barn? We really do have enough right now...(just kidding...don't whack me ;)

What about plants that eat insects? what is their category? (sorry...this is a real question that just popped into my weetle head

when I read the comment about T Rex's everones fav scary dino....even tho the velociraptors were prob worse lb for lb)

I don't avoid difficult stuff...I jump in with a big mixing spoon...and have the whumps to prove it

What about plants that eat insects? what is their category? (sorry...this is a real question that just popped into my weetle head

when I read the comment about T Rex's everones fav scary dino....even tho the velociraptors were prob worse lb for lb)

I don't avoid difficult stuff...I jump in with a big mixing spoon...and have the whumps to prove it

Some would say.

Before the fall these plants must have been vegetarian.

Or they only became omnivorous after the flood.

Or they only recently developed this trait.

Or the death that entered the world by Adam was upon men.

Rom_5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Who knows :D

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

So the T-rex was eating berries and plants. I'm sorry but that is comical.

The "young earth" literalist rendering of Genesis forces its adherents into many amusing and contradictory positions. T rex teeth which were about 4 feet in length and designed for tearing into flesh. That we know. But against all reason and the revelation of science and nature, some insist on confounding good sense by trying to fit the evidence into an interpretation of Genesis instead of letting the evidence speak for itself.

I guess this is an opinion and trying to elevate itself to being right... I however will, (not being there), will listen to God Who was!

Childish, small, ridiculous whatever... but I have lived long enough on experience to know that which is and that which is not AND the postulate

that all came from rocks should drive everyone to Christianity but it's not!?! That to me is the greatest wonder of fact I know... Love, Steven

I don't know, somebody tell me, but does anything anyone says, does or even believe actually change anything about God?

Carnivorous plants tho........hmmmmmmmm..........

I don't think my musings on that bother God either

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Isa 45:18

18 For thus says the LORD, who created the heavens

(He is the God who formed the earth and made it,

He established it and did not create it a waste place,

But formed it to be inhabited),

"I am the LORD, and there is none else.

NASB

What has been pointed out, will always ring true. If dinosaurs lived and died before Adam, then the Bible is wrong and needs to be tossed into the trash heap, because it clearly teaches death first came into the creation because of Adam's sin of disobedience.

Pat is dead wrong.

That is not true. The Bible is a record of what God wants us to know about the creation as it exists today. Lets look at Genesis 1:1 through Genesis 1:2.

1 IN the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

GAP

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and the darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Many theorize, and I tend to agree with them, that there was a huge gap between these two verses. Why would God create the earth "without form and void?" It is thought that it became that way after God destroyed an earlier creation, the one where dinosaurs roamed the earth. There are no details about this because it wasn't important we know all of that. We believe in God and his Word by faith. I am totally at peace believing in an old earth, and the gap theory, or an earth that is only 6000 to 10,000 years in age. So long as the belief doesn't contradict scripture, I have no issue with it.

As for death, it did pass upon man after Adam and Eve sinned, but that doesn't mean death never existed before that. It doesn't mean that God didn't completely destroy the earth at a time when things were taking place he wasn't satisfied with.

Ro 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NKJV

Jas 1:15

15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

NKJV

The contingency of death is sin... Love, Steven

That is true, and it is believed that at the time of the pre-Adamite race, those on the earth were guilty of transgressions against God's order at that time, which led to their death and destruction. They wouldn't have been under the same covenant, so God could have dealt with them in a completely differen't way.

The reasoning for the gaps invention is the reason that I believe it is not true... The children of God should never be pressed to

account for the whims of men! As God has given us angels and man there is no availability for me to accept pre-Adamic race. I have

full peace in the resolutions of things we do not know now by the obedience of waiting upon The Lord for their disclosure... for I will

never be ashamed because men say I should be - for I am willing to be seen as childish and foolish to the unredeemed as this

will meter my usefulness to God. For I cannot carry pride in the same place the Spirit abides thus the haunting question of

Mt 6:22-23

22 "The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light.

23 But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is

darkness, how great is that darkness!

NKJV

I believe the gap was in error due to the root of its motivations... one should never be pressed by what is dead and in the ground

by what is dead and on top of it :) thus fulfilling Christ's Words

Lk 9:60

60 Jesus said to him, "Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and preach the kingdom of God."

NKJV

I think dinosaurs are awesome and I certainly know God created them because they are here in the dust

of remembrance but the how, where, what of them well that is one more motivation of being in The Lord's

presence and hear Him tell the story as it 'IS'.... Love, Steven

I am fine with that Steven, and as I said before, the gap theory is only that, a theory. The earth may indeed be less than 10,000 years of age? The dinosaurs may have roamed the land at the same time as mankind? To me, this is something interesting to think about, but not that important. The only thing that matters to me is the fact that the Bible account of creation is true, and the Bible is fully trustworthy. When science contradicts scripture, the problem is with science, not the Bible.

absolutely :thumbsup: