• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

smoking cigarettes does not lead some one to start shooting up heroin or speed or ice or cocaine and it certainly does not lead a person to start smoking marijuana

when i was young i used marijuana to escape the pain i was feeling and as i got older i began to experiment with heroin to the point were i moved on to speed and then started shooting up cocaine it was my choice no one forced me or did i do this to fit in with the crowed just to be accepted

for most off my youth i hung around guys who had grown marijuana sold it seen what its done to those that get addicted and into debt same with heroin speed Ice and cocaine

on the 13th of august 1990 i put my self into william booth which is run by the salvation army i stuck it out did the 12 month program but ended up busting again it was my choice no one forced me

i then tried again by trying teen challange i only lasted 3 months it was a 6 month program not like william booth which was a 12 month program

i have been reading what has been put up in this thread you can not blame cigarettes and say it leads some one to start smoking marijuana to were they either shoot up or snort speed shoot up heroin and then try cocaine and then go onto ice

i have been clean for a long time know i am 45 i know some guys who still smoke and mess around with the drugs i was addicted to i lost a good friend found dead in a motel room been to to many funerals lost count

people take to their drug off choice for many diffrent reasons right know i am witnessing a friend change and its due to the medication his dr has him on

i do not want to step on no ones toes every one is at a diffrent stage in their walk god helped me step by step kick what i was so addicted to after trying so hard to kick my old habits you can not ignore what the holy spirit brings to the surface as when the holy spirit brings something from your past or what your not telling those in church or close friends who know you or your pastor

he will stick at it something i learned which i tend to not allow history to repeat its self

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

For the marijuana defenders, would you want to share the road with someone who recently smoked or is currently smoking marijuana?

Marijuana causes drivers to experience decreased car handling performance, increased reaction times, distorted time and distance estimation, sleepiness, impaired motor skills, and lack of concentration.

The extent of the problem of marijuana-impaired driving is startling. One in six (or 600,000) high school students drive under the influence of marijuana, almost as many as drive under the influence of alcohol, according to estimates released in September 2003 by the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP). A study of motorists pulled over for reckless driving showed that, among those who were not impaired by alcohol, 45 percent tested positive for marijuana.

I would rather smoke weed, and as I got older I would refrain from smoking as much. I would usually take a hit or two and put it out. The reason why I quit smoking was simple, I asked God to show me in the Bible why I should stop. Literally a few days later I read that we should obey the law of the land. While I must admit I did use it one more time before officially quiting. Our Father chastised me for it because I agreed to what He showed me.

Ruck, why are you desirous for smoking weed?

For the marijuana defenders, would you want to share the road with someone who recently smoked or is currently smoking marijuana?

Marijuana causes drivers to experience decreased car handling performance, increased reaction times, distorted time and distance estimation, sleepiness, impaired motor skills, and lack of concentration.

The extent of the problem of marijuana-impaired driving is startling. One in six (or 600,000) high school students drive under the influence of marijuana, almost as many as drive under the influence of alcohol, according to estimates released in September 2003 by the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP). A study of motorists pulled over for reckless driving showed that, among those who were not impaired by alcohol, 45 percent tested positive for marijuana.

Here is where this argument fails IMO. You share the road with them already. You just don't know it because most will not openly smoke in public because it is illegal. We desire people to be responible when they drink the same consideration should be given to smokers. Also, I wonder how a test can determine that the person actually smoked that day. If there is one like that then that would be beneficial, so people are not falsely accused of being under the influence of weed. If not, those stats are not reliable.

Well, that didn't answer the question I asked.

But your answer implies, best I can tell, that you do not think driving under the influence of marijuana is a hazard? Please clarify.

Yes, you mentioned responsibility, but the rest of the response gives the impression of waving off the issue as if it isn't a problem.

I would rather smoke weed, and as I got older I would refrain from smoking as much. I would usually take a hit or two and put it out. The reason why I quit smoking was simple, I asked God to show me in the Bible why I should stop. Literally a few days later I read that we should obey the law of the land. While I must admit I did use it one more time before officially quiting. Our Father chastised me for it because I agreed to what He showed me.

Ruck, why are you desirous for smoking weed?

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say you misunderstood because you didn't read what RG posted. My comments were in direct reply to DARE article "What is a gateway drug".

Here is my words in context,

I would also say that I am probably in a very small minority.I smoked weed first. Later I started to smoke black and milds on occasion, and cigarettes on an even smaller occasion. I would rather smoke weed...

If you notice what was said about tabacco, this may clear up what ever issue you had.

Let me see if I got this right, you were rebutting RG's point about marijuana being a gateway drug? Is this correct?

Ok, but what made marijuana more desirable to you than cigarettes?

And if marijuana was legal, what then?

From my experience I don't think it is, but I will acknowledge that it should not be done. The reason why I believe it should not be done is due to being responsible. If smokers want the right to smoke then they should do so responsibly. Would I want to share the road with them. I am not niave, I know I share the road with them. Weed being illegal has not stopped me from sharing the road with smokers or them sharing the road with me.

Thank you for clarifying. :)

Speaking for myself, I would rather share the road with nothing but pot smokers than to share it with 1 person who is texting.

While this may be true for some, it can't be applied across the board for every pot smoker.

A person can test positive for pot 6 months after they last smoked.

I actually gave more of a backstory about me. Hence I said I am in a small minority. I didn't start with tabacco, and tabacco wasn't a gateway for me. Weed wasn't a gateway for me, as well as many of my peers. Basically the reason why I perfered weed over tabacco because I found tabacco to be more harsh on me. If weed were legal I don't know for sure. It depends on what God works in my heart by then. Right now I don't see anything wrong with smoking weed, if it were legal.

OK, thank you.

So, I wonder about the other reported effects of marijuana - lethargy and the like. Did you notice an impact on your energy level or motivation? Appetite? Stuff like that?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/26/1972

Now that marijuana is legal in Colorado and Washington, would it still be wrong for Christians to smoke it in those states?

I will never smoke marijuana as a christian.

but I guess, legalization of marijuana is also about increasing revenues.Marijuana is amongst the largest selling crop in california,and i have heard people saying that it'll generate around $14billion of revenue.I think they r doing the same which FDR did during the great depression. FDR repealed the 18th amendment prohibiting the alcohol,and passed 21st amendment to repeal it,which generated $125million revenue within a year and created lots of jobs.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I have cancer and I smoke pot. If I am to believe what I read here, I'm already condemned to an unspeakable eternity.

I had a very good friend who loved the Lord but who tried every means to control the nausea from her chemo without success

till she tried pot. It was the only thing that worked. Her cancer was stage 4 and in her bones, brain and lungs. She was terminal

and is now with the Lord

However, pot is still illegal by federal law.

I am concerned especially because there are already plans on making pot a designer drug and are putting it in a variety of foods.

This will make it harder to detect as well as making it more appealing to children. I shudder to think of where it all will end. No one

will be safe on the highways in these states!