GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

This is a sub-topic that has developed from this thread: "Did U.S. War of Independence Contradict the Bible?"

For a little background see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_1812

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Original post...

Now, I would like to know your thoughts on Americas unprovoked attack on my country.

Feel free to start a new thread on this subject/topic. Which country are you speaking of? Canada? If so which war is in question? Details would be nice.

God bless,

GE

Edited by GoldenEagle
Edited to include link to original thread.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Canada 1812.

The newly minted United States (claiming manifest destiny and all that) proceeds to attack my country, the goal of taking our lands, and forcing American rule upon us.

Just curious as those on this thread who claim God's hand directed America's forming how this violent expansionist policy of subjugation is reconciled. Considering you broke away from England due to perceived wrongs, turn around and immediately begin to force your will upon us.

Hoo-boy.

First of all, Barabbas, the War of 1812 is not relevant to the American Revolution, thus a red herring to this debate.

Secondly, is that what you were taught about the war? Yikes.

Thirdly, you say this as if you are holding a grudge against us. Why does it bother you so?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

oh .....my.....doodness.....

that's as bad as changing the license plate in Quebec (my home province) from La Belle Province, meaning the beautiful province, (which it is)

to Je me Souviens... "I Remember" meaning the battle on the Plains of Abraham in Quebec City in which the French were defeated by the

English...which to this day has resulted in an insane desire on the parts of certain Quebecois to secede from Canada at all costs

The Battle of the Plains of Abraham, also known as the Battle of Quebec, (Bataille des Plaines d'Abraham or Première bataille de Québec in French) was a pivotal battle in the Seven Years' War (referred to as the French and Indian War in the United States). The battle, which began on 13 September 1759, was fought between the British Army and Navy, and the French Army, on a plateau just outside the walls of Quebec City, on land that was originally owned by a farmer named Abraham Martin, hence the name of the battle.

The battle involved fewer than 10,000 troops between both sides, but proved to be a deciding moment in the conflict between France and Britain over the fate of New France, influencing the later creation of Canada.[2] Wiki

Frankly, I haven't been following the other thread but did catch the title...who knew this could be such a touchy subject? Now I'm interested tho...........

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Canada 1812.

The newly minted United States (claiming manifest destiny and all that) proceeds to attack my country, the goal of taking our lands, and forcing American rule upon us.

Just curious as those on this thread who claim God's hand directed America's forming how this violent expansionist policy of subjugation is reconciled. Considering you broke away from England due to perceived wrongs, turn around and immediately begin to force your will upon us.

Hoo-boy.

First of all, Barabbas, the War of 1812 is not relevant to the American Revolution, thus a red herring to this debate.

Thirdly, you say this as if you are holding a grudge against us. Why does it bother you so?

First, it is very relevant to this discussion pertaining the American revolution for the very reasons I have ready stated.

Second. What I was taught? You have a different take on the invasion of my country by America? You were here to "save" us from the evllllll King...right? Is that why you burned our towns?

Thirdly, wass'ammata? Still mad cause ya lost? By lost I mean completely failing to achieve any of your military, and political objectives. Still stings does it?

Just add us to your losing record, Canada, Cuba, Vietnam, Iraq, and soon to be Afghanistan.

Good 'day 'eh. :biggrin2:

@GoldenEagle

I didn't do any of that. Nor did any American citizen alive today. That was over 200 years ago.

If you don't sense the aggression in the words perhaps you should re-read what you've said. It could be percieved as such.

At no time did I ever claim any living American did any of these things.

I was merely pointing out historical facts from my countries perspective.

If it seemed "aggressive" it was only to highlight the actions of American soldiers invading my country. I described the killing of our citizens, and the burning of our towns by American soldiers in an expansionist foreign policy.

Sorry, if merely describing a historical event is so troubling to the Americans here. Think about that next time someone mentions "American exceptionalism".

Keeping this in context, the Revolution thread contains various support for the killing of British soldiers acting on the lawful orders of the king. As one who is of British heritage, this could be perceived as "aggressive" considering it was my ancestors they were killing.

Look, :biggrin2: I was smiling when I typed that.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Canada 1812.

Hoo-boy.

First, it is very relevant to this discussion pertaining the American revolution for the very reasons I have ready stated.

Explain, please, because I fail to grasp your train of thought.

Second. What I was taught? You have a different take on the invasion of my country by America? You were here to "save" us from the evllllll King...right? Is that why you burned our towns?

Barabbas, how about we begin with facts rather than rants, ok?

When did Canada become a country?

What is the reason America declared war and against whom was it declared?

Thirdly, wass'ammata? Still mad cause ya lost? By lost I mean completely failing to achieve any of your military, and political objectives. Still stings does it?

:huh: What are you talking about?

We Baltimorians take pride in the War of 1812. It was in our harbor, after all, with a battle the troops at our fort won, that the words to our National Anthem were penned.

Historians are in disagreement over who won and who lost. Actually, "winning" is in the eye of the beholder and what one perceives the war was about and the importance one places on the outcomes, whether they were objectives or not.

A good summary of the question over who won that war is given here (the top answer).

In fact, both America and the British territory of Canada became more solidified through the conflict. You should thank us for taking your ancestors closer towards becoming an independant nation. In a way everyone, including Brittain, gained from the war, ironically. That is, of course, if you are only considering the US, Canada, and Brittain. The Native Americans were the only ones who truly lost from that war.

Just add us to your losing record, Canada, Cuba, Vietnam, Iraq, and soon to be Afghanistan.

Good 'day 'eh. :biggrin2:

You really do hate us, don't you? :huh:

@nebula

What is the reason America declared war and against whom was it declared?

The American congress declared war against England with the Impression Issue as the reason given.

Another reason was their need to totally expel England from the remaining land still under English domain in North America. They wanted to totally erase the remaining bastion of their mother country and attach these lands as new states of America.

Your American summery make work for you, but I prefer one not written by the aggressor in this war.

Canada 1812.

Hoo-boy.

Explain, please, because I fail to grasp your train of thought.

Read it again.

those on this thread who claim God's hand directed America's forming how this violent expansionist policy of subjugation is reconciled. Considering you broke away from England due to perceived wrongs, turn around and immediately begin to force your will upon us.

You really do hate us, don't you?

I didn't realize the American psyche was that fragile that pointing out historical events would make you so upset. I'm sorry your people killed my people. We'll try not to let it happen again. :biggrin2:

You have real enemies out there, not me, although judging from the guilt/paranoia (perceived of course) they're probably under your bed...RIGHT NOW :biggrinflip:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,185
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Barabbas, you should take care, for if you anger us too much, we might stop vacationing there and that would really hurt the economy of some areas.

Barabbas, you should take care, for if you anger us too much, we might stop vacationing there and that would really hurt the economy of some areas.

:biggrinflip: With your coming economy crash you'll be lucky to have a place to live, forget about vacations. :biggrin2:

I didn't realize the American psyche was that fragile that pointing out historical events would make you so upset. I'm sorry your people killed my people. We'll try not to let it happen again. :biggrin2:

Do You Mean The Seven Year War Between New France (Canada) And The Britts (America?)

The French and Indian War (1754–1763) is the American name for the North American theater of the Seven Years' War. The war was fought primarily between the colonies of British America and New France, with both sides supported by military units from their parent countries of Great Britain and France. In 1756, the war escalated from a regional affair into a world-wide conflict.

The name refers to the two main enemies of the British colonists: the royal French forces and the various Native American forces allied with them. British and European historians use the term the Seven Years' War, as do many Canadians. Canadian historians avoid the term "French and Indian war" (because they were the French and Indians the British warred against), preferring "Anglo-French rivalry." French Canadians call it La guerre de la Conquête ("The War of Conquest"). http://en.wikipedia...._and_Indian_War

And Have You Heard Of The Great War Now Raging Across Planet Earth

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

And Yes Dear One It Could Be Your People Killing My People

And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth. And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect. Hebrews 11:32-40

Unless That Is, You Want To Change Sides

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 2 Timothy 3:12

To Become God's Man

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. John 3:7

To Decrease

He must increase, but I must decrease. John 3:30

In Christ's

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:3-4

Love

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. John 1512-14

~

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love. Joe