ChadB

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Ok, I'm here to complain about some things....

1. Whats up with all the stupid reality TV? I briefly watched The Bachelor last night. Well, actually my wife watched it and I was asked to snuggle with her in front of the TV. This show is sick!!!!! One guy, like 6 women and he passionately kisses all of them, sweet talks them, and then gets to "pick" which woman he wants most....!!!!!!!!!!! Is this not crazy? What are we telling people??? No wonder sex is just thought of as something that feels good and the more the better and with lots of people. Stupid!!!!

2.I am so sick of being told that as a christian I should tolerate sinful lifestyles!!!!! Some of my friends think that I am "mean" just because I don't tolerate sin. I refuse to say a lifestyle/behavior is OK just to make people happy.....

Enough complaining..... How do you encourage people(even fellow christians) that watching these shows and tolerance is not the path Christ wants us to follow? I think people confuse tolerance with love. I still love the individuals who take part in a sinful behavior(because I am as big of a sinner as they are but I recognize my failure and my need for Christ) but I don't tolerate it. Many christians think we are called to tolerate. NO!!! We are called to love everyone and reject sin :blink: . There is a difference. :emot-hug:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

I'm with you ChadB! I do not watch reality shows because they are NOT reality! They are a perversion of real life. There is nothing "real" about them.

You already answered your own question though. The word you used was "encourage". The problem I see with so many Christians is that they behave in a way that sets themselves up as

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

How do you encourage people(even fellow christians) that watching these shows and tolerance is not the path Christ wants us to follow?

Lots of prayer to begin with. The famine in the hearing can only be overcome with great grace, and great grace is given to a praying people.

The extra benefit of much prayer is that our words come out with a Holy Ghost seasoning rather than sounding judgemental and harsh.

The early church lacked so many of the fancy things we have these days, so they had to rely on having a vibrant relationship with the Lord. These days we so often lack a vibrant relationship with the Lord (and often with others also), and are led to believe that our fancy things will make up the difference, and they won't.

By the way, this is a beautiful request to be asked, isn't it?

Well, actually my wife watched it and I was asked to snuggle with her in front of the TV.
:blink::emot-hug:

Lots of prayer to begin with. The famine in the hearing can only be overcome with great grace, and great grace is given to a praying people.

The extra benefit of much prayer is that our words come out with a Holy Ghost seasoning rather than sounding judgemental and harsh.

Nice answer!!!! :blink:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Here's my current mind boggler..............Desparate Housewives!???

Ok, if this country is supposedly 85% Christian, why is it that a show as wicked as this one, is THE NUMBER 1 rated show on SUNDAY NIGHTS!!!

Somebody's watching it.............Christian, is it YOU???

Even when decent advertisers are trying to set an example and pull their advertising from it, the networks simply double the advertisng rate, and there's a waiting list of advertisers wanting to pay double to be lucky enough to get this coveted spot on primetime tv. WHY? WHY? WHY?

Because somebody's watching this filth, and making it worthwhile for those advertisers to do so.

Good grief, and it's on Sunday Nights!!!

I shake my head.

In His Truth,

Suzanne

Guest Thomas I believe
1. Whats up with all the stupid reality TV? I briefly watched The Bachelor last night. Well, actually my wife watched it and I was asked to snuggle with her in front of the TV. This show is sick!!!!! One guy, like 6 women and he passionately kisses all of them, sweet talks them, and then gets to "pick" which woman he wants most....!!!!!!!!!!! Is this not crazy? What are we telling people??? No wonder sex is just thought of as something that feels good and the more the better and with lots of people. Stupid!!!!

Chad, I agree with you !

So much of tv nowdays is of the flesh and things far worse. This new fad of reality tv shows disgusts me . What happened to quality Television like the old days. Sin is lose and ravaging the airways. They even have a ghostbuster tv show now. "GOOD GRIEF" . 50 % of all tv commercials have sexual messages in them. I personally myself limit myself to very little tv. There are very few channels i will even consider watching. Can we stop television from doing this ? Probally not but we can pray that God will intervene and in time He will. The wicked will perish ! I support public television. Not all shows on pbs are correct but at least they are fairly sensored and some of it is very good . Well thats my thoughts...

In His Peace, Michael

Here's my current mind boggler..............Desparate Housewives!???

How about the latest, "He's a Lady"??????????

What is that??? Nothing but perversion!!! It ain't "reality".

Many forget that the Helmet of Salvation is designed to protect their minds from "junk". We should never remove our Helmet.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The world is going to garbage. What about temptation island? Lets see who can have sex with who and then laugh and encourage it. The desperate housewives thing makes me sick.

Then we wonder why kids are the way they are and why the institution of the family is under stress. Its because we have strayed from the christian roots our forefathers set for us. ONE NATION UNDER GOD!!!

Love to ya'll

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Chad , you are so right, there is hardly a show fit to watch anymore, they are all filled to the brim with sex.

The only one I have seen until now is "Trading spouses" NO SEX and I like it if it stays clean.

But we're living in the LAST days and things will get worse.

Thank for posting that I agree 100%

(This weekend will be full of stupid halloween stuff also) :blink:

God Bless,Angels

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

By the way, this is a beautiful request to be asked, isn't it?

Well, actually my wife watched it and I was asked to snuggle with her in front of the TV.

Ladies...don't we wish all our husbands thought like this? (smiley with tape over mouth)

Seriously, I agree with all here. There is alot of junk on t.v. Other than sat. college football and baseball which is now over, there is little that I enjoy watching, that's even worth watching.