JohnD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

From what I gather in the Bible, demon possession is both a possession and a trap for the demon.

That the fate of the individual it or they inhabit determines when they go into the abyss.

say what? what are you referring to in scripture for the above?

Anyway... it otherwise appears that demons who depart human bodies go to the abyss.

?????? how bout the ones that went into the pigs.......it's my understanding (from scripture) that demons seek a body to enter

and I am not familiar with scripture that says they go into the abyss:

“When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ 25When it arrives, it finds the house swept clean and put in order. 26Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first.” Luke 11

I see you did make note of that passage..seems to indicate that demons wander and want to inhabit a body...like the ones begging to be sent

into the pigs.

I know many people use the word possession as in the person was possessed, but the actual usage of the word would be that the person possesses the

person....I don't see where demons are 'trapped' in a body....I don't find that in scripture...do you have a reference?