beloved3578

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

I believe in the gift of prophecy and don't think it should be despised, but one comes to this board and is like "thus saith the Lord", it would be a huge problem. Just post the message God has given you as your own words, weather it be prophecy then you'll know and you don't have to tell us, we'll kind a know. Exhortations are done here everyday, too.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

did someone try to give you 'words' on this forum that you were uncomfortable with, perhaps?

just trying to think what else you could have meant; after all, it seemed an innocent enough question.

i'm sure everyone here is just trying to help, not to condemn or judge. please respond and clarify, we're just trying to understand the basis of your question :)

in regards to the abbreviation thing, i think the main reason against it is that not everyone will understand as there a varying forms and versions of abbreviated words out there. nothing to feel bad about, just something to think about.

Edited by *Zion*

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

We have the Bible - it contains all of the "prophetic words" we need, or will ever need.

ReadMe.jpg

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

You must be born again.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Wht r ur guidelines for giving words to believers and unbelievers and why

Here's some basic guidelines for judging words spoken. These are written in Basic training for Prophetic Ministry, by Kris Vallotton. In the new testiment we percieve what the Spirit is saying instead of recieving the direct words of God as in the old testiment. So a prophetic word is our expression of the impression we get from the Spirit. As our intimacy and sensitivity grows with the Holy Spirit, the clearer the impressions will be and the better we can communicate it. A prophetic word is not the direct word of God, nor is it scripture so when someone says "Thus Sayith the Lord" it's probibly not the Lord.

1. The word can not contradict the Word as well as the Father heart of God

2. It has to bear witness to the person recieving it

3. The fruit of it must be the person brought closer to God and the body

4. If in a church, prophets and leadership has to agree with the word spoken.

5. The revelation belongs to the Lord, as well as the interpritation.

I've been blessed to see alot of amazing fruit from prophetic ministry as well as the prophetic misused. It is important that we judge every word said, weed out the garbage and hold fast to the good.

With nonbelievers on the streets my wife and I operate more with words of knowledge and many times that will shift into prophecy. The Lord will reveal and expose a non believers heart or their past and then we'll see what the Lord wants to do in their lives in the future. and that will open the person up to recieving the gospel.It's hard to judge a word on the street but it usually always bears witness with the person recieving it. A nonbeliever doesn't have the Spirit to discern anything from the Lord, so if your ministering in a team, keep eachother accountable. I also have a homegroup where we often lay hands on each other and see what the Lord is saying. I've seen people healed, delivered, encouraged, strengthened, and bearing lasting fruit. I have also seen people come in and give off words and throw the whole group off. This really showed me a deep need for accountability and judging words recieved.

We have the Bible - it contains all of the "prophetic words" we need, or will ever need.

ReadMe.jpg

1 Corinthians 14:24 But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an uninformed person comes in, he is convinced by all, he is convicted by all. 25 And thus the secrets of his heart are revealed; and so, falling down on his face, he will worship God and report that God is truly among you.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Wht r ur guidelines for giving words to believers and unbelievers and why

Here's some basic guidelines for judging words spoken. These are written in Basic training for Prophetic Ministry, by Kris Vallotton. In the new testiment we percieve what the Spirit is saying instead of recieving the direct words of God as in the old testiment. So a prophetic word is our expression of the impression we get from the Spirit. As our intimacy and sensitivity grows with the Holy Spirit, the clearer the impressions will be and the better we can communicate it. A prophetic word is not the direct word of God, nor is it scripture so when someone says "Thus Sayith the Lord" it's probibly not the Lord.

1. The word can not contradict the Word as well as the Father heart of God

2. It has to bear witness to the person recieving it

3. The fruit of it must be the person brought closer to God and the body

4. If in a church, prophets and leadership has to agree with the word spoken.

5. The revelation belongs to the Lord, as well as the interpretation.

I've been blessed to see alot of amazing fruit from prophetic ministry as well as the prophetic misused. It is important that we judge every word said, weed out the garbage and hold fast to the good.

With nonbelievers on the streets my wife and I operate more with words of knowledge and many times that will shift into prophecy. The Lord will reveal and expose a non believers heart or their past and then we'll see what the Lord wants to do in their lives in the future. and that will open the person up to recieving the gospel.It's hard to judge a word on the street but it usually always bears witness with the person recieving it. A nonbeliever doesn't have the Spirit to discern anything from the Lord, so if your ministering in a team, keep eachother accountable. I also have a homegroup where we often lay hands on each other and see what the Lord is saying. I've seen people healed, delivered, encouraged, strengthened, and bearing lasting fruit. I have also seen people come in and give off words and throw the whole group off. This really showed me a deep need for accountability and judging words recieved.

there are quite a few examples in the bible that the message doesn't always bring people closer to God, such as saul and ahab, and the king jeremiah prophesied to.

also, our interpretation is always flawed, that's why we need total submission to the Holy Spirit and divine discernment. who today would walk around naked like elijah or raise a rod against a body of water like moses? who would believe God told someone to do it? and yet we need to believe and submit in these days just as much as those old generations needed to. God can and does use any way He wants to speak His Word. the question is, are we listening, discerning and obeying?

i'm in no way critizing your evangelism on the street and hat God is doing through you - that is awesome! keep being used of Him. bless you!

Edited by *Zion*

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Zion? Each believer is now sealed with the Holy Spirit and the gift of prophecy does not operate through believers in quite the same way

as was experienced by Old Testament prophets

We are not required to exhibit strange or exceptional behavior as an example to unbelievers or backsliders because we now have a

covenant with God through Jesus Christ that is not the same as it was for Jews during the OT time period. For example, witness that

we are not expected to sacrifice animals for the forgiveness of sins...Jesus Christ is the final and perfect sacrifice, acceptable to God

and through whom, we have right standing before God...ie the forgiveness of our sins through the atoning blood of His Son

In the same manner, we have a different approach to prophecy now especially with regards to the telling forth of the given Word...

both old and New testaments.

While God can and is most certainly able to to use anyone He wants in any way that He wants, He has revealed the standards that

are acceptable for those who are called to demonstrate the gift of prophecy and He has also set guidelines for the operation of

that particular gift and all others that are made available to the believer through the operation of the Holy Spirit (who chooses

which believer receives which gift(s) as He moves at the direction of God)

God does not operate outside of His own Word and the Bible is ALWAYS the guide and the final say in any and all prophetic

forth or foretellings. It is not the strangeness of something, or the emotional attachments of or to something nor is it the

belief or acceptance of such things that indicate the authenticity.

Further, the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets so basically, we (those that are prophets I am not referring to myself)

submit to one another

A person who operates outside these principals, that is outside of the Word and never accepts correction or thinks that they might

be wrong, is not a prophet.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

ReadMe.jpg

1 Corinthians 14:24 But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an uninformed person comes in, he is convinced by all, he is convicted by all. 25 And thus the secrets of his heart are revealed; and so, falling down on his face, he will worship God and report that God is truly among you.

"So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Romans 10:17

there are quite a few examples in the bible that the message doesn't always bring people closer to God, such as saul and ahab, and the king jeremiah prophesied to.

also, our interpretation is always flawed, that's why we need total submission to the Holy Spirit and divine discernment. who today would walk around naked like elijah or raise a rod against a body of water like moses? who would believe God told someone to do it? and yet we need to believe and submit in these days just as much as those old generations needed to. God can and does use any way He wants to speak His Word. the question is, are we listening, discerning and obeying?

i'm in no way critizing your evangelism on the street and hat God is doing through you - that is awesome! keep being used of Him. bless you!

Hi, I find one of the biggest issues with prophetic ministry is confusing the covenents. We are under the New Covenent, which is much different. The examples you gave were under the old covenent, where prophets would recieve the direct Words of God and rebuke the nations for their disobedience. We have been given the ministry of reconciliation.Our ministry is not holding the tresspasses against the people but reconciling them back to the Father. Also, I fully agree that we need total submission to the Holy Spirit and divine discernment.

2 Corinthians 5: 18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.