• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/02/1984

This gives non believers even more reason to question the truthfulness of Christians. I don't think Jesus would have written this on a receipt. The first part of Matthew 5:42 says "Give to the one who asks you" Even besides that, it was rude. I really wish that believers, especially Pastors, realized they are representing the Body of Christ. How are we to convince non believers they need what Christians have if we act and treat people so poorly?

He should have given her the tip and not complained.She was upset because the "Christian Pastor" stiffed her a tip.Maybe she has issues with Christians.It is pay back time folks. :noidea:

What exactly are we paying back?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Firstly here tipping is not "mandatory', but most of us do tip and the going rate is about 10% (Hey lets not start, it's not a tithe.... :biggrin2: ).

However, I have on occasion not tipped because the service was awful and bad mannered.

I have always thought that owners should pay their staff more, instead of them relying on tips, but that's just me.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I would like to say to this Pastor;

"If you run around professing to Love Jesus. He explicitely reserves the right to throw a hot cup of coffee in your lap to see what will come out of your mouth."

....... "or add a simple and practical pre-imposed tip onto your large party to get at what's really eating you."

Sounds like a little resentment towards Gods 10% to me and not anything at all towards the waitress, but then again, maybe that's just me. I'm always looking at the angles.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

He should have given her the tip and not complained.She was upset because the "Christian Pastor" stiffed her a tip.Maybe she has issues with Christians.It is pay back time folks. :noidea:

If someone does not like you or something you represent and you do something to upset them they often will do something to make you stumble and fall.I have experienced this several times.

If someone does not like you or something you represent and you do something to upset them they often will do something to make you stumble and fall.I have experienced this several times.

I don't believe that pastor needed any help in stumbling. She did that all on her own.

Sticking up for the pastor is sticking up for someone who is in the wrong.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

A pastor, who was a part of a large enough party for an automatic tip to be added to the bill, left a note griping about giving the waitress a higher percentage than God. The waitress posted the note on-line. The pastor complained to the manager, claiming it harmed her reputation.

Article here

Any comments?

Most people understand that certain restaurants have automatic tips added to the bill when there is a large party involved. It is restaurant policy, so the complaint by the Pastor was more over the policy of the establishment than about the waitress. It is a shame she didn't realize that, and took it personally. It is also a shame that the Pastor wrote such a note, as it made him look cheap and unapreciative. As a normal rule, I usually give any waitress 15 percent, even for average service, as I know they work hard. If they give great service, I give them more. I don't have any problem with the automatic gratuity for large parties, so long as the policy is known in advance.

This is just a sad situation all around. The Pastor was wrong. The waitress was wrong. All come out looking bad. The restaurant had little choice but to fire the waitress.

On a side note, I have known truckers that always give the waitress a quarter tip, no matter how hard they work. They have been doing this since they started driving back in the 70s. They just don't know any better, or think about how little that is, and how hard the waitresses job is. This Pastor just didn't know any better, and was using flawed reasoning. That argument about tithing works with regard to taxes, but not tips.

Amen to that, Butero. :mgbowtie:

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

I think they were both wrong.