layhoma

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Just discussed about posting prayer requests on forums with another Christian, Told him I was sad that someone challenged my faith and kept rebuking my post with barrage of scriptures like in legalism.

He told me to stop posting on public forums because it is the quality that matters not quantity of prayers. Just as many legit Christians who are eager to help and care, there are also spies send in by satan that would curse or pray to the dark lord to go against the person in need. There are those that thought they are true followers of Christ but in fact being possessed by evil spirits unknowingly spreading negativity.

As sometimes I notice there are forums (not this one) that are heavy with spirits of accusations, judgement, discord, pride...etc all masking behind someone that shows some knowledge of the scriptures but displayed little love or compassion. What do you think?

Edited by layhoma

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Sounds to me like someone is giving to much power to Satan. If you allow him to rule over your life, you will be caught in the shadows of darkness, but if you walk in the light of the LORD, he will not and cannot overstep God.

We are told to tell each-other of our requests and told to pray for one another. (James 5:16&Ephesians 6:18& 1 Timothy 2:1)

I am not saying that we are not tempted, nor am I saying we can not be oppressed, but what I am saying is this, God is greater than any creeping thing, any beast and any human. I believe by the grace and power of God, we are protected by Him like the good Shepard He is, putting on the whole armor of God, we can rise up against any Goliath that is set upon us, coming in the name of the LORD, we will prevail.

I have witnessed so much power in prayer, along with that so much answered prayer, God is good and faithful, we are to lift up our petitions and each other to God during prayer. There is absolutely no reason one should worry nor be weary when asking for prayer.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

There is a less public prayer forum located here:

http://www.worthyprayerteam.com/

Just discussed about posting prayer requests on forums with another Christian, Told him I was sad that someone challenged my faith and kept rebuking my post with barrage of scriptures like in legalism.

He told me to stop posting on public forums because it is the quality that matters not quantity of prayers. Just as many legit Christians who are eager to help and care, there are also spies send in by satan that would curse or pray to the dark lord to go against the person in need. There are those that thought they are true followers of Christ but in fact being possessed by evil spirits unknowingly spreading negativity.

They can pray all they want to the "dark lord"..............it ain't gonna help'em.

As sometimes I notice there are forums (not this one) that are heavy with spirits of accusations, judgement, discord, pride...etc all masking behind someone that shows some knowledge of the scriptures but displayed little love or compassion. What do you think?

I think you'll find that in most forums........even here.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I'm in much agreement with the answers so far. Except I'll add that if you do notice that one particular forum has an awful lot of accusations, judgement, discord, pride...etc , then I say don't ever post there again.

I also want to say I strongly agree with what Jacob said. The one thing I want to add is this only holds true for a person of God. In other words, if you're of God then Satan and his devils can't do much to harm you, unless you're so far backslidden that you're living in a major sin. But if not, and I hope most of us are not, all Satan can really do is make suggestions and throw temptations in front of you. But if you're of God, and if you have the full armor of God on, he can't hurt you. You belong to Jesus, and Jesus defeated Satan many times, long ago. Satan is a defeated foe. And one of his lies is to try and make you think he has tons of power. He doesn't, not against a child of God. We belong to God. We're God's property, and Satan has no right to do anything to us except tempt us to sin. But through the love and grace of the Holy Spirit of God, we are completely able to say no. And it's fine to ask for prayer from others to help you say no. In fact we're supposed to ask each other for help.

If you want to brush up on what the armor of God is follow this link. It's just verses 10 - 17, but I included the full chapter so you can read the context it was said in.

http://www.biblegate...s 6&version=NIV

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks everyone I know what all of you meant, it is written that if GOD is with you who could be against you! Yes we are offered armor of God, I learned that long time ago in Bible class but in reality, when we are placed in the front line of spiritual warfare, we are challenged if whether we could put the words into practice, we are prone to have collateral damage. Many don't know or want to even talk about spiritual warfare because they think if they don't get involved with the enemy would leave them alone. Nothing could be further from the truth.

But know that none of us is perfect and the slightest weakness or loophole is all it takes for the enemy to gain a foothold and start wrecking havoc in our lives. It does not require a backslidden Christian for them to start an assault.

When one starts to disclose intimate details onto prayer request forums, demonic realms could be offered more information to piece together one's weakness and they would start their assults. As someone here said that they could do nothing to us; well somewhat true that these minions could never thwart off God's plan for us but they are more than capable of planting seeds of doubts or fear in our minds. Especially those that are milk fed but not meat fed Christians who are more vulnerable to such attacks.

All in all, just saying the cyber world is full of sleeper cells, who comes in as wolves in sheepskins. My spiritual advisor who is a very devoted Christian, usually keep important prayers between only him and God alone, praying in silence but never out loud with anyone because he said that Satan could eavesdrop but he could never tune into our prayers in the heart to the Lord.

Edited by layhoma

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

This past week I was privy to witness something of the way God works and come here to testify that you ought not worry about those who would seek to do you hurt when you are publicly seeking prayer in an open forum. This week I shared some failures that we were having in developing some new ways of making our product at work with a man who can sometimes be negative about things, and I had not considered that he might do so in this case. He went off on a tirade about how stupid all the engineers were and how much time had been wasted in seeking to develop the product. As I walked away the Spirit bade me witness that due to his rant we would be granted success in our endeavor.

Pro 24:17-18 Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: Lest the LORD see [it], and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him.

Sometimes the best thing that can happen to you is have someone else be glad that your down on your luck. Remember, my beloved, that God's ways are past finding out. Nothing is impossible with him and we don't always understand what he is doing. Be of good cheer, it is He!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Thanks everyone I know what all of you meant, it is written that if GOD is with you who could be against you! Yes we are offered armor of God, I learned that long time ago in Bible class but in reality, when we are placed in the front line of spiritual warfare, we are challenged if whether we could put the words into practice, we are prone to have collateral damage. Many don't know or want to even talk about spiritual warfare because they think if they don't get involved with the enemy would leave them alone. Nothing could be further from the truth.

But know that none of us is perfect and the slightest weakness or loophole is all it takes for the enemy to gain a foothold and start wrecking havoc in our lives. It does not require a backslidden Christian for them to start an assault.

When one starts to disclose intimate details onto prayer request forums, demonic realms could be offered more information to piece together one's weakness and they would start their assults. As someone here said that they could do nothing to us; well somewhat true that these minions could never thwart off God's plan for us but they are more than capable of planting seeds of doubts or fear in our minds. Especially those that are milk fed but not meat fed Christians who are more vulnerable to such attacks.

All in all, just saying the cyber world is full of sleeper cells, who comes in as wolves in sheepskins. My spiritual advisor who is a very devoted Christian, usually keep important prayers between only him and God alone, praying in silence but never out loud with anyone because he said that Satan could eavesdrop but he could never tune into our prayers in the heart to the Lord.

This sounds rooted in fear.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, of love, and of a sound mind.

I've noticed when we live in response to what the devil is doing, he dictates our agenda. Jesus lived in respone to the Father, that is the only model we should follow. When we pray in silent out of fear the devil might eavesdrop, that is actually counterproductive because fear contrary to faith. Fear is faith in the devil. When we have more faith in the devils ability to decieve than Gods ability to keep, we are in a very dangerious spot and setting ourselves up for more attack.

When we live a revelation of His love for us, fear gets displaced and the enemy is disarmed.

1 John 4:17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 19 We love Him because He first loved us.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

This sounds rooted in fear.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, of love, and of a sound mind.

I've noticed when we live in response to what the devil is doing, he dictates our agenda. Jesus lived in respone to the Father, that is the only model we should follow. When we pray in silent out of fear the devil might eavesdrop, that is actually counterproductive because fear contrary to faith. Fear is faith in the devil. When we have more faith in the devils ability to decieve than Gods ability to keep, we are in a very dangerious spot and setting ourselves up for more attack.

When we live a revelation of His love for us, fear gets displaced and the enemy is disarmed.

1 John 4:17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 19 We love Him because He first loved us.

amen to that, well said.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

The Lord is far greater than anything the enemy can toss at you. I would rather ask for prayer than not ask for prayer. The enemy cannot overcome prayers to the Lord.