worshiper70

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

That prophecy describes Christ's persecution: Matthew 26:67,68+ John 18:22+ 19:1-3.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

All in fun! Unfortunately, no thoughts to give. It is not a question I've stumbled upon or thought of before, so I deemed it wiser to sit back and listen rather than opening my mouth with a bunch of un-thought-out babble.

I was just teasing you :):bighug2:

That prophecy describes Christ's persecution: Matthew 26:67,68+ John 18:22+ 19:1-3....

Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. Isaiah 53:1-4

Now the chief priests, and elders, and all the council, sought false witness against Jesus, to put him to death;

But found none: yea, though many false witnesses came, yet found they none. At the last came two false witnesses,

And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.

And the high priest arose, and said unto him, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee?

But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.

Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy.

What think ye? They answered and said, He is guilty of death. Matthew 26:59-66

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. Isaiah 53:5-7

Then did they spit in his face, and buffeted him; and others smote him with the palms of their hands, Saying, Prophesy unto us, thou Christ, Who is he that smote thee? Matthew 26:67-68

He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. Isaiah 53:8

Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.

Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus into the common hall, and gathered unto him the whole band of soldiers.

And they stripped him, and put on him a scarlet robe.

And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!

And they spit upon him, and took the reed, and smote him on the head.

And after that they had mocked him, they took the robe off from him, and put his own raiment on him, and led him away to crucify him.

And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name: him they compelled to bear his cross.

And when they were come unto a place called Golgotha, that is to say, a place of a skull,

They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink.

And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.

And sitting down they watched him there;

And set up over his head his accusation written, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS.

Then were there two thieves crucified with him, one on the right hand, and another on the left.

And they that passed by reviled him, wagging their heads,

And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross.

Likewise also the chief priests mocking him, with the scribes and elders, said,

He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.

He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God.

The thieves also, which were crucified with him, cast the same in his teeth.

Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Some of them that stood there, when they heard that, said, This man calleth for Elias.

And straightway one of them ran, and took a spunge, and filled it with vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink.

The rest said, Let be, let us see whether Elias will come to save him.

Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; Matthew 27:26-51

And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Isaiah 53:9-11

When the even was come, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also himself was Jesus' disciple:

He went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded the body to be delivered.

And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth,

And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed. Matthew 27:57-60

Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors. Isaiah 53:12

And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever. Revelation 5:9-14

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Same thing with Psalm 22: Psalm of David and yet it accurately shows what Jesus went through for us on the cross on which He died. Sometimes God just wants us to share how He feels, not to harm us but so we understand and learn. In fact, verses 4 and 5 clearly show this also. Christ Himself learned obedience through suffering. How the Father's heart is grieved and burdened on our behalf! Let us also learn to share in His joy and love all the more. This is seriously getting to me!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

I think that Isaiah prophesied Jesus, not about Isaiah.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Great question worshiper70. I am going to attempt to let the scriptures themselves answer your question that you might be provoked further to studying the OT the way you have been lately.

Act 8:34-35 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man? Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

1Pe 1:11-12 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

Jhn 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Peace in Christ, may he open the scriptures up unto you as you seek his face.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

It sounds so much like when Christ was going to the cross. But it looks like Isaiah is the one this happened to? Is it?

P.S. you have to keep it short and simple for me please.

Reading it, it looks like it's happening to Isaiah, and paints a prophetic picture of what Christ would suffer. Prophets often experience a part of Gods heart by going through it, for example the Lord had Hosea marry a prostitute, so he could deeper feel the relationship between God and Israel. In Isaiah, it could be simular, he is beat yet doesn't fight back as an experience to feel what Jesus would feel in taking upon himself our transgressions in Isaiah 53.

Yes, patterns are often repeated in Scripture.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with 'gdemoss' because there are oodles of scripture in the NT where the prophet Isaiah's writtings or prophecies were referenced concerning Christ himself. But not only was Isaiah referenced but there were other prophets whose writtings were referenced to Christ. Many times through symbolism other times through words spoketh forth by the prophets under the annointing of the Spirit. But nevertheless it is my opinion that the scripture in question by the OP was prophetic concerning the sufferings of Christ. If it was about the suffering of Isaiah himself then it would not have been "prophetic" in the future tense. But it would have only been spoken in the present tense and I don't believe that it was spoken concerning any suffering Isaiah was going through in that present time. But speaking prophetically in the future tense of the suffering Christ would endure as he willingly in all humbleness subject himself to the cross. Christ was the spotless lamb led to the slaughter his body given as the sacrifice for the sins and redemption of mankind.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Actually I was told that there are over 300 prophesies throughout the Bible fortelling of the Messiah; that being vision, words, and live action. That means that they're not just happening to Isaiah alone or solely contained in the book of Isaiah. Consider that God made coverings for Adam and Eve out of fur. Where did that fur come from? The first sacrifice, shedding blood (I don't know of which animal) to provide a covering over the shame and disobedience of mankind. What did God say in judgement over the serpent? "you will bruise his heel but he shall crush your head." Who is he? His feet were pierced, bruising His heels. The enemy thought he had overcome Him, but He will crush every single one of the beast's heads (see the book of revelation). From the very beginning, God was showing us Who was to come.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The whole purpose of the Word 'IS' to bring us into unity with God in thought, purpose, understanding, desire, equating to relationship

in the richness of individual yet unified all without bounds in the place of our ever present Lord... I have so marveled at His Work here

that I am assured that which will be, will always be, increase toward a more rich and fulfilling presence in Him...

Thus as has been stated both individually and collectively we glean into this relationship ... as when we stand before Christ and are

given His fullness into our being that we may know Him even as we are known- I am both fearful and exercised by love so that reasoning

now with Him through His Word a more vital and needful thing in preparation for this time that is coming for all of us who believe...

I believe the greatest event we have 'IS' just accepting that conclusion is not a reality~ but here in the place it is due to judgment of God

for the rebellion of us all... it is framework of God 'come let us reason together' before we were-> God reasoned us to be and 'IS' free to

take us to those places in fellowship with Him the great doctrine of election- as one might explore the truth of this in the quandary of why

did You choose me Father? I am so unworthy of what You teach me about yourself and to make even more so this truth of the great ones

of the past were for our betterment

1 Cor 10:1-11

Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea,

2 all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, 3 all ate the same spiritual food, 4 and all drank the same spiritual

drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ. 5 But with most of them God was

not well pleased, for their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.

6 Now these things became our examples, to the intent that we should not lust after evil things as they also lusted. 7 And do

not become idolaters as were some of them. As it is written, "The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play."*

8 Nor let us commit sexual immorality, as some of them did, and in one day twenty-three thousand fell; 9 nor let us tempt Christ,

as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed by serpents; 10 nor complain, as some of them also complained, and were

destroyed by the destroyer. 11 Now all* these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition,

upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

NKJV

The more this reasoning affects your mind the more you will need the moment by moment relational tie to The Spirit within as the

importance of His Word and all that was invested in the examples apex-ing the Cross and Resurrection to eternal promise and hope...

of a place where sin is not and full yet ever fuller continuance in the Lord Who 'IS' without bounds in ceaseless facets of pure delight

of His Glory... we (The Born of Him) shall all be in this unity and the Word prepares us to be an investor within ourselves to the

enrichment toward this time... where all of us may rejoice in Him for all that He has done...

It is why we have to die to focus of self as there is no place for this in what will be and the purpose of things... we are to let others

enjoy what The Lord has let us become although even now unworhty of these great truths God has given us in His Son! Love, Steven