IGNORED

Will Our Beloved Pets be with Us in Heaven?

Spirit_Tracker

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Tracker,

I had already sought God on this matter after reading your OP. He just confirmed that while there may be animals in Heaven there is no Biblical evidence that animals have souls. So while there may be new animals in the Heaven and New Earth there is no reason to believe they'll be the same animals. While I appreciate your heart for the Lord on this matter in Christ we'll have to agree to disagree regarding seeking revelation outside of Scripture. Especially on a topic that the Bible is silent on.

But let me give a personal example because I can relate to this desire regarding pets in Heaven. I had a dog I loved very much as a boy. His name was Courage (Valente) and he was the runt of the litter. He was a German Shepherd. We named him Courage because he was so scared all the time. He turned out to be very courageous with proper training and encouragement. I loved that dog and he loved me. He died at the age of 17. While I miss him I know that at his death he was buried. That is all.

It is important to handle God's Word with care. The Bible is not a bunch of mini books. The Bible is God's love letter to humanity. To me. To you. To all of us. To all who would confess Jesus is Lord, repent of their sins, and believe in their hearts that God raised Him from the dead. Those who God allowed to be adopted into his family as co-heirs in Christ. This is what matters. This is what is important.

I hope you can see (read) my heart on the matter.

God bless you.

In Christ,

GE

I agree GoldenEagle, and I understand from where you are coming. In the grand scheme of things, compared to salvation, this would appear unimportant. However, although it isn't as important as salvation, it has value. Everything that God creates has value... of course what matters concerning our salvation is the most critical part of understanding God's Word. Everything we'll ever need to know about obtaining eternal life is in God's Word. But I didn't mean that they were just some mini-books, but instead to keep in mind how big our God is. The possibility of millions of earth like planets with life on them, with possibly millions of life forms in a wide spectrum of possibly thousands of dimensions. He is HUGE. And I refuse to think small. The bible has been the single most significant inspiration/power in my life thus far. I have been reading it for 35 years... and I do mean reading it... my whole life. I love it. And there is enough life in God's Word, for those who seek it, that when we read it, meditate on it, absorb it, love studying it, and live by it, we will grow and develop into mature children. But it doesn't stop there.., it's enough for salvation, but it doesn't stop there. Our inner person is an eternal spirit.... We are designed with eternity in mind... and I don't have any problems asking God to reveal to me His mysteries. Are they "salvation" critical? No... The Word of God says everything we need to know about living for Christ, denying self, helping our brothers and sisters, and obtaining eternal life. It is life's manual.

I am an artist/creator. I create 2D and 3D art... whether it's a painting or 3D models in zbrush, I love to create, design and imagine. God created me to want to know more of Him, to pray and ask Him about anything I desire to know. And I am not ashamed of that, again, I refuse to think small.

Someone asked me how do I know it's the Spirit of God speaking to me... was it a vision, or revelation... Well, God's Holy Spirit is in us... He brings us to God's Holy throne in prayer. So when we pray, and do so diligently... our God is willing to answer us. Sometimes it's clear and sometimes our flesh impedes His response. So how do I explain it? Well, it's like one day not knowing, and after praying in the spirit, waking up the next day and knowing. I mean how do you know that you were supposed to marry your wife or husband? Was there a vision or revelation? For some, they just knew.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

No matter what we think we know, we still see in a mirror dimly, or through a glass darkly. We think small because we are small, not matter how many mysteries we believe have been revealed to us. Truth be told, we cannot even imagine what He has in store for us. Yet, I will wait to know what these possibilities may be until I am with Him and He makes it clear to me. I don't want to be mislead by any miscommunication my flesh may give as I listen to what He tells me about what is not in scripture.

No matter what we think we know, we still see in a mirror dimly, or through a glass darkly. We think small because we are small, not matter how many mysteries we believe have been revealed to us. Truth be told, we cannot even imagine what He has in store for us. Yet, I will wait to know what these possibilities may be until I am with Him and He makes it clear to me. I don't want to be mislead by any miscommunication my flesh may give as I listen to what He tells me about what is not in scripture.

I can understand OneLight. But why is it that we must see through a mirror dimly or a glass darkly? When Moses parted the red sea, was his understanding of what God wanted him to do limited? Was David's godly determination murky when he set out to defeat Goliath? How about Peter, when he told the man to stand up and the man was instantly healed? Was his insight shallow? When Jesus laid his hands on people and healed them, wasn't His faith and knowledge of the Father what gave Him the power to raise the dead? On and on we find through-out scripture men and women of God who had a bold enough faith that God shared with them His Will, in real time... but yet today we are confined to looking it up in the bible? God uses His Word, as an authority... for us believers to have guidelines and a core foundation to initiate a real relationship with Him. But when you pray and ask God "Lord is this the girl you sent for me to marry"? Do we first look it up... what verse is in there that says "Harold, behold I give you Elizabeth"? How do we know God wants us to get married to begin with? It's because Jesus said Himself that being single is not for everyone but for those who are called to be. But we won't find specific instructions for Harold or Elizabeth in there will we? Granted a lot of us goof this one up... when the flesh is strong, and hormones firing in unison, sometimes we just assume that the person we are with is supposed to be the one. But even then, if it happens, and we marry that person, now all of a sudden it is God's Will for us remain faithful to them and not to divorce. Nevertheless, another example would be praying for job A or job B... how do we know which one God wants us to have? Millions of Christians pray this way all the time, and some of them even "expect" God to answer in one way or another. We can fall back to a foundation verse that God will provide... but that doesn't help us know if it's supposed to be job A or B. yet many somehow figure out which one,... and of course many goof it up. I honestly believe that our communication with His Spirit doesn't have to be dim or dark or murky. If it is, that would be because of our current position in our walk. The more the deeds of the flesh are put to death, the more the spirit breaks out and the more we are in harmony with God's Spirit. Of course I am not at the finish line, but I do know that this is true.

As far mysteries... have another peak at the book of Ezekiel. I have read parts of it over and over and still only walk away with maybe a 10% of understanding of it. God did reveal some of His mysteries to Ezekiel... and we can only gain an understanding of them in prayer. Of course this is one of many books that a lot of Christians skip over due to how bizarre it appears to be.

Let me ask you this? Is not the same Spirit that was in them, also now in us?

You know this brings me to a topic that I often ponder... and that is why today's Christians have no real faith that God can and will still perform healing as well as other miracles today? Granted few do, but I'm not talking about praying and having someone be healed by God while in the hospital in conjunction with treatment... that is definitely still God's hand, but where are the instant laying of hands healing? Or the real speaking in tongues... where someone speaks another language having never learned it? Is that reserved for the TV evangelist? I have heard believers say "Perhaps God isn't doing those kinds of things in this day and age". But actually it is the believer who has stopped believing in such a faith. Now don't get me wrong, there are some miracles that happen everyday... but when is the last time someone in your church who was laden with a disease get healed right there in the midst of believers, right before you very eyes? Or someone in a wheelchair stand up and walk? Maybe God wants to perform them in the same manner, and it is us who, over time, have adapted theologies and doctrine that have taken us away from the Truth of God? This is something I think about often, all the time. I keep asking myself, why do Christians say that the Spirit simply isn't moving that way in this day and age... when maybe it us who have stop believing that God can and will perform them. I believe God is looking for a believer who can be used according to His Will... with this same kind of faith that we find in scripture.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

I'm sure there are others but see these threads:

Thank you, I will have a look.

I can understand OneLight. But why is it that we must see through a mirror dimly or a glass darkly?

I really is a whole lot simpler than you try to make it. It is because scripture tells us this.

1 Corinthians 13:12

For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

I can understand OneLight. But why is it that we must see through a mirror dimly or a glass darkly?

I really is a whole lot simpler than you try to make it. It is because scripture tells us this.

For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

Right, I see what you're saying. Although the Word of God is never complicated, this mustn't be confused with that it is never complex. I agree that our knowledge, that we'll have when we are face to face with Christ, will seem dim comparatively speaking to our knowledge that we have now. You want to see complicated then read Barnes and Henry's commentary on 1 Corinthians 13:12 lol.

When Moses parted the red sea, was his understanding of what God wanted him to do limited? Was David's godly determination murky when he set out to defeat Goliath? How about Peter, when he told the man to stand up and the man was instantly healed? Was his insight shallow?

I have met others here who feel they have been chosen by God as those you mention above, but when you start comparing yourself to Jesus ...

When Jesus laid his hands on people and healed them, wasn't His faith and knowledge of the Father what gave Him the power to raise the dead?

... your creditability hits a wall. Jesus is not a man like Moses, David or Peter. Jesus is the Son of God.

On and on we find through-out scripture men and women of God who had a bold enough faith that God shared with them His Will, in real time... but yet today we are confined to looking it up in the bible? God uses His Word, as an authority... for us believers to have guidelines and a core foundation to initiate a real relationship with Him. But when you pray and ask God "Lord is this the girl you sent for me to marry"? Do we first look it up... what verse is in there that says "Harold, behold I give you Elizabeth"? How do we know God wants us to get married to begin with? It's because Jesus said Himself that being single is not for everyone but for those who are called to be. But we won't find specific instructions for Harold or Elizabeth in there will we? Granted a lot of us goof this one up... when the flesh is strong, and hormones firing in unison, sometimes we just assume that the person we are with is supposed to be the one. But even then, if it happens, and we marry that person, now all of a sudden it is God's Will for us remain faithful to them and not to divorce. Nevertheless, another example would be praying for job A or job B... how do we know which one God wants us to have? Millions of Christians pray this way all the time, and some of them even "expect" God to answer in one way or another. We can fall back to a foundation verse that God will provide... but that doesn't help us know if it's supposed to be job A or B. yet many somehow figure out which one,... and of course many goof it up. I honestly believe that our communication with His Spirit doesn't have to be dim or dark or murky. If it is, that would be because of our current position in our walk. The more the deeds of the flesh are put to death, the more the spirit breaks out and the more we are in harmony with God's Spirit. Of course I am not at the finish line, but I do know that this is true.

As far mysteries... have another peak at the book of Ezekiel. I have read parts of it over and over and still only walk away with maybe a 10% of understanding of it. God did reveal some of His mysteries to Ezekiel... and we can only gain an understanding of them in prayer. Of course this is one of many books that a lot of Christians skip over due to how bizarre it appears to be.

Let me ask you this? Is not the same Spirit that was in them, also now in us?

The Holy Spirit is never an issue. Issues arise from the people He is trying to reach. While we remain in this life, we will not understand as we are understood, no matter how much one believes they can. That is where false teachings and false doctrine spring from, the pride of man who thinks they can understand everything God has to say because they have a special walk with Christ. There is no humility in these who believe such. Look through history, David Koresh believed he had a special revelation from God and look how off he became because of his pride. How about others who believed they followed so close to God that they could not be wrong?

You know this brings me to a topic that I often ponder... and that is why today's Christians have no real faith that God can and will still perform healing as well as other miracles today? Granted few do, but I'm not talking about praying and having someone be healed by God while in the hospital in conjunction with treatment... that is definitely still God's hand, but where are the instant laying of hands healing? Or the real speaking in tongues... where someone speaks another language having never learned it? Is that reserved for the TV evangelist? I have heard believers say "Perhaps God isn't doing those kinds of things in this day and age". But actually it is the believer who has stopped believing in such a faith. Now don't get me wrong, there are some miracles that happen everyday... but when is the last time someone in your church who was laden with a disease get healed right there in the midst of believers, right before you very eyes? Or someone in a wheelchair stand up and walk? Maybe God wants to perform them in the same manner, and it is us who, over time, have adapted theologies and doctrine that have taken us away from the Truth of God? This is something I think about often, all the time. I keep asking myself, why do Christians say that the Spirit simply isn't moving that way in this day and age... when maybe it us who have stop believing that God can and will perform them. I believe God is looking for a believer who can be used according to His Will... with this same kind of faith that we find in scripture.

I'll leave these question who fit into the group you describe. Actually, you should start another thread on this.

Right, I see what you're saying. Although the Word of God is never complicated, this mustn't be confused with that it is never complex. I agree that our knowledge, that we'll have when we are face to face with Christ, will seem dim comparatively speaking to our knowledge that we have now. You want to see complicated then read Barnes and Henry's commentary on 1 Corinthians 13:12 lol.

I don't read commentaries. There are so many that don't agree that a person can walk away far more confused then they were when they first started.

This thread has very little to do with the word of God. This thread is basically asking the question all pet owners have, or had, about their pets. The problem arises when others come in saying that God told them this and that when scripture is silent. God can reveal certain specifics about our personal walk to us that is not found in scripture, as you mentioned about who should we marry, but to claim that one is given special revelations, red flags pop up everywhere in me.

[qoute] OneLight: ... "your creditability hits a wall. Jesus is not a man like Moses, David or Peter. Jesus is the Son of God." [/qoute]

Hmm, but why are you seeking to turn me into a non-creditable person? It is because we don't agree entirely on scripture? If I have said something that someone doesn't agree with, then let us disagree. But my credit-ability is not with any person, it is with God.

Jesus said Himself "Joh 14:12 NASB "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father."

How is it that my comparison is not appropriate when Christ Himself has said it? I dare not say that we can be like Christ, as in His God-headship, but in His faith. And Peter and Paul, and others, did exactly that.