IGNORED

French call for stronger EU to keep America in che

angels4u

what about

1. slavery

2.segregation

3.the massacre of the native Americans,

4.Vietnam,

5American support of dictators and death squads in central America in the 1980's?

in all of those instances it was, "We the People of the United States" who ended them. In America, we have a mechanism whereby the citizens can correct the actions or our politicians....and we do.

We also have a mechanism whereby we can correct the actions of foreign politicians (war) and we do that too. Then we occupy just enough of their land to bury our dead, refinance that nation into prosperity...and leave.

Doing business with Saddam is bad you say, so why was he so popular in Washington in the 80's? Why is the photograph of Chirac shaking hands with Saddam seen as a sign of perfidy, and the one of Rumsfeld doing the same not?

Saddam was useful in checking the spread of radical Islam then....and he is now also. We will use his former country as a base for doing so and allow freedom to come to people who have never tasted it...

Of course, that's a bad thing in your mind???

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Hey Amor,

How about that election? Now you know where you can focus all of your hatred. Just look at the U.S. county map. You know...all the red ones. The map tells you where all the mean evil rotten Haliburton types live. I don't know where you live but if its in the US, I would leave or you might be mistaken for one of the Nasty Americans. Remember...Blame America First!!! Right? Its all America's fault! Bad America! Maybe you can move nextdoor to Robert Redford in Canada! I have to go to my evil right-wing world domination meeting now. Cheney will be tonight's guest speaker and I've been told he is giving out the new " I love Haliburton T-shirts".

God Bless

Dan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

I assume that half the people posting here aren't aware of the difference.

Now that wasn't a nice, warm, fuzzy thing to say, was it? :thumbsup:

t.

• Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Next time there's a war in Europe, the loser has to keep France

That's a little harsh on the loser, don't you think? :thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

be careful of your attitudes here people. this is a global web board and people from all over the world read here. We do not need to help make the world more afraid of us, and that is what some of you are doing. Many countries in history past have thought they were so hot that they could take on the world and not one of them has accomplished that for any length of time at all.

I don't like the French any more than any of you, but Ted is right we should be praying for them, just like I have had to start doing for my president that I did not help elect.

There are ways to let people know that you disagree with them without alienating them from us as a whole. We can not afford that kind of attitude as a country and surely not as christians.

Perhaps people in europe are concerned about the USA because of the ravings of people like yourself.

Your point?

be careful of your attitudes here people. this is a global web board and people from all over the world read here. We do not need to help make the world more afraid of us, and that is what some of you are doing. Many countries in history past have thought they were so hot that they could take on the world and not one of them has accomplished that for any length of time at all.

I don't like the French any more than any of you, but Ted is right we should be praying for them, just like I have had to start doing for my president that I did not help elect.

There are ways to let people know that you disagree with them without alienating them from us as a whole. We can not afford that kind of attitude as a country and surely not as christians.

I get a bit tired of people dissing my country. We aren't trying to take on the world, just the bad guys who most of the world hasn't the guts to deal with and thats the truth. Amor sure dosen't mind getting nasty now dose he?

• Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Ok, I was out of line on teasing that it was a little harsh for the loser of the next war to have to keep France.

I also get weary of the European superiority attitude, and France is by far the worst form of this arrogance.

I still maintain that if France was attacked by a superior power and in trouble they would waste no time (well, who knows how quickly?) but they would certainly eventually get around to asking for our help.

National opinions are like belly buttons, almost everyone has one, and there is no value in holding their opinion any higher than the opinions of other nations, even if they believe that their opinion is the most important.

The recent revelations of the corruption in the Food for Oil program (France is knee deep in this mess) reveals that they DON'T have the moral high ground to be condemning anyone.

As for this thread not being about France, the title starts with "Replying to French call..."

I didn't read all the posts, but in a nutshell, i would like to congratulate U.S. citizens for electing George W Bush. Doing that, you are being part of God's prophecy that the ending days are coming.

Let's see: Clinton left with surplus, Now Bush, after 4 years, has an historic deficit of $521 bn. If he goes this way, U.S., could have possibly a trillion deficit in the next 4 years.

Bush will not stop spending in his so called war on terrorism, and he promised in campaign that he would cut taxes. What does this mean?

It means that the deficit will increase, the dollar will become weaker, and because of this, the Euro will become stronger, which will lead the EU becoming stronger.

30 Percent of U.S. debt is in hands of international investors. if these investors decide to have their money and want U.S. to pay? U.S. economy would collapse. And if it happens, the only strong ally that Israel have will be weak.

It's becoming clear that EU will push for palestinian side, against Israel. Israel will be persecuted by the EU and U.S. will not have the means to defend it.

I'm not a Bush or Kerry supporter, also because i'm brazilian and i don't have the right to vote on U.S. election (Thank God!), but let's face it: By electing Bush, the Americans helped Europe becoming stronger.

No matter the response for this, let's wait for the next 5, 10 years and read this thread again . . .

No matter the response for this, let's wait for the next 5, 10 years and read this thread again . .

Bush probably won't be able to undo the all the damage that the leftists and liberals have done to the world.