• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

No Jesus has not returned yet.  When He does you won't miss it.  It will be something everything living person will see.  When He calls the believers home with Him no one will miss it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,636
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shabbat shalom, Rustyangel.

No Jesus has not returned yet.  When He does you won't miss it.  It will be something everything living person will see.  When He calls the believers home with Him no one will miss it.

To which "home" are you referring?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Matthew 10:23

When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

27 "For the Son of Man is going to come with His angels in the glory of His Father, and then He will reward each according to what he has done. 28 I assure you: There are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."

I can't get myself past these verses. I've tried convincing myself it could mean the transfiguration, but frankly, I feel that is a go to when hitting a brick wall. Is there any possibility we are in the 1000 years? I know there has been no time of peace. But these verses sound so immediate.

I think that all these things have happened now as a type that only applies to that first generation.  Now we are expected to follow that same pattern.  This is not Preterism it is Redirectionalism

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  9

Personally, I am convinced at this point that Jesus (in Matt 10) was speaking of something that took place in the first century, 1peterlight. I am not convinced that he will not come again some time in the future, but I am also not sure that the bible teaches that either. Alas, I am not much help :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Jesus has yet to return. In fact, when He does return, scripture says He will bring with Him all the saints---that means that before He comes, all believers will have been taken into His presence. So, we are looking to being caught away, first. And since that has not occurred yet, the world has yet to witness His great return as a conquering King. It will be both glorious and terrible at the same time---glorious to those who have been convinced of Jesus as their Messiah (among the Jews to whom God will have been focusing) and horrifying to those who have rejected Him.

How then would you explain the verses above (Matt 10:23 and 27), Floatingaxe?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,150
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Seeker

How do you know that the Gospel has been given to all the Cities of Israel.  Many new towns have been developed.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Matthew 10:22-23

Everyone will hate you because of me. But if you remain faithful until the end, you will be saved. When people mistreat you in one town, hurry to another one. I promise you that before you have gone to all the towns of Israel, the Son of Man will come.

Jesus was saying that because of persecution, not everyone will receive the Good News.

Because of the context of the chapter and who it is He is speaking to. This context determines the time frame of the coming He speaks of here...

Matthew 10:5, 16, 23 

These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, ...But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel... Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves... But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Then you have the fact that Jesus assured them that there were some standing in their midst who would not die until they saw Him come in His kingdom (as He says, "with His angels in the glory of His Father.") Matt 16:27, 28

I hope the Lord comes a final time to put an end to the wickedness that permeates this world, I honestly do (and God knows this) but I cannot find it taught in the Scriptures as such.

Blessings.

Edited by seeker

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,150
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Christ sent them out, and the twelve returned to Him.  Then the five thousand were fed.

Christ returned to His Kingdom at His ascension.  They saw Him go up into Heaven.  This was the fulfillment of Matt 10.

He will return again and reign on earth as King of King's and Lord of Lord's for 1,000 years.

In Christ

Montana Marv