• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Guys be very careful! Don't be deceived!

Matthew 24:22-24

22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

23 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/19/1974

Matthew 10:23

When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

27 "For the Son of Man is going to come with His angels in the glory of His Father, and then He will reward each according to what he has done. 28 I assure you: There are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."

I can't get myself past these verses.

What I found is nothing is hidden from the human except those things that a human heart cannot contain. We cannot get ourselves past such things for our own benefit, I think.

I believe it is in the power of the Comforter to help the human to get past such things, but you need to get your heart ready.

Our hearts are stiff, staying one foot with Christ and another foot with the world, not permitting the Comforter to act.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

There is a teaching that believes Jesus has already returned . It is called preterism...and there are different teachings within that group.

However, I do not understand how you believe Jesus already returned and we are living in the 1000 year reign from the verses you quoted

Preterists determine their beliefs on quite a few passages. If Jesus had actually already returned, I think there would be no question about it

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

There are many difficult verses in the Bible. These are some of them. So a few decades ago an older Christian told me to find what I can accept, take hold of it, and run with it, as if for a touchdown. Back then that didn't help much. But then it did.

For me, I can accept to Love God with all my might, and then to also love the brethren. Or even more, brethren or not, treat everyone as you would have them treat you. And if someone less mature than me offends me, it may take time but I forgive them. This is what I can hold onto and I run with it.

I found trying to figure out the details of the Bible leads to confusion, disbelief, maybe even anger. These are not fruits of the Spirit. Sometimes I just want to quit and get myself killed. But then I go some where, say or do something for someone based on what I can run with, and they look at me like I'm beyond human, or they say something like if everyone was like me this world would be a better place. That's how I know I'm doing the right things. But it didn't come fast nor easy. So do what I did, and don't worry about the details. They're a snare and a trap.

I hope this helped.

There is a teaching that believes Jesus has already returned . It is called preterism...and there are different teachings within that group.

However, I do not understand how you believe Jesus already returned and we are living in the 1000 year reign from the verses you quoted

Preterists determine their beliefs on quite a few passages. If Jesus had actually already returned, I think there would be no question about it

And these teachings truly do not change anything, I think. Whatever these teachings say, they are not making you closer to God.

You are expected to love God with all your heart, and love neighbor. What we have is many teachings, and lack of love.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

And these teachings truly do not change anything, I think. Whatever these teachings say, they are not making you closer to God.

You are expected to love God with all your heart, and love neighbor. What we have is many teachings, and lack of love.

Matt 24:11-14

11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many

will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in

all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

NKJV

There are many difficult verses in the Bible.

John, and you know that the problem is not with Bible. The problem is inside us. May be the Bible does not have difficult verses then?

:thumbsup:

We love him, because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19

~

Wrestle

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

Wrestle

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not. Jude 1:3-5

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I don't understand why you make this point? The op is not about what makes us closer to God. Sometimes a simple answer is all that is needed.

Questions are allowed......there is a point where rigidity becomes the object rather than an informative answer that clarifies a position or 'teaching'...actually, I prefer the word doctrine as

that would involve the entire Bible with reference to what is or not accepted

I just don't find it helps to give answers that do not actually help but just raise more questions instead. We are all learning and it helps to understand that without condemnation

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Scripture tells us that the entire world will know when He returns, one example is Matthew 24:30. Looking from a historical viewpoint no such occurrence has been recorded by anyone, anywhere.