• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Woman's highest fulfillment and value is in Christianity, it doesn't make women maids, it lifts them up to the highest plane, can I get a witness?.

I witness, my brother! I wish more men - especially Chrstians - would too...

A good friend of mine explained it to me in a metaphor before I got married.

A sign of submission, is kneeling. A wife, should kneel, before her husband. That is her job. Now, to the men-men put things that they cherish, up on a pedestal, so a man who truly loves his wife, should put her up on a pedestal, and value her as such. As long as she is kneeling, on that pedestal that he put her on, they are both equal, and the relationship will work. She will support his decisions, because she knows that he has her best interests in mind all the time-and values her input on everything, and trusts he would always put her needs first, she she does the same. ...

True thing! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

The proverbs 31 woman, I feel that wasn't a day in her life, but her life. I like the above description of her being industrious etc...Also look at Debra the prophet. She sat under a tree and people came to her to hear the Lord. Then there's Ruth who went after her man, he didn't pick her, she made the first move. When Abigail was married to a jerk husband who didn't want to help David, she went to help anyway. I often wonder if her husband knew that or reprimanded her for it, but we do find out he was killed a little later. Then there's Rahab, and Mary Magdalene. God would've killed Moses on the way to Egypt if it hadnt been for his wide and what she did. Women in the bible are not frail fainting on the couch women, problem is society we live in now has cinderella syndrome. Lots of girls expect to be pampered princesses and when they run into biblical women, they call us maids or cant figure us out. How we're happy in our position. Most haven't read the bible. If they did they wouldn't view biblical women as doormats. I agree with sevenseas up there, women can carry a heavy load(emotionally, mentally) and we are amazing multi-taskers. I'm proud to be a woman, and a biblical one.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

I am the daughter of THE KING, so I am a princess... :royalty:

but that doesn't mean that I am not capable of taking care of my husband. (and I do)

and it certainly doesn't mean that I am the maid...

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I was a servant. Nothing more. Nothing less. Now I am a son. A son who is a servant unto his father. I seek to serve in the capacity laid out as a son to his father as found in the bible. I have learned to find much joy in it though at first it seemed grievous to me as I once had a pretty lofty view of myself. Understanding my position before my Father in heaven helps me understand how to see a wife or sister in Christ. I find it a pleasure to serve them as a brother or husband and enjoy when they do the same with me. It pains me to see a woman who does not understand and enjoy being what God created her to be due to the enemy puffing up her carnal mind through the lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and the pride of life. The same goes for a man. Genuine humility pays dividends called serenity while loftiness pays dividends called humiliation. May the Lord help each of us find our place in this life and learn to thoroughly enjoy fulfilling our God given roles.

Peace in Christ.

Guest Butero

I guess, I'm sorry if I come off a certain way. But I've always been distressed on the way that I've heard people tackle the issue of biblical womanhood. I've always felt as if we've been reduced to some sort of maid. As if there's no room for personality or difference. Help, please?

I honestly think that the christian community as a whole needs to take a look at how it's tackling this concept. We need to do it in a way that doesn't reduce our value. We're not all cookie cutter Proverbs 31 women. We're just not. Some of us are the caretakers and some of us are the adventurous trailblazers. It also seems somewhat pretentious to me that a man would try to teach on the topic of womanhood when he quite clearly has never been (and will never be) a woman. It's sort of unfair. Actually, it's very unfair. There are groups of woman who have been victimized and are hurting because they expect themselves to be this cookie cutter woman. And their churches, friends, family etc are not really helping them reach their full potential.

Your thoughts on the subject?

Proverbs 31 is speaking of a virtuous woman. All women are not virtuous, as all men are not the way God wants them to be. Notice what it says in Proverbs 31:10...

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

You just said that "we're not all cookie cutter proverbs 31 women. We're just not," as though that is something to be proud of. What you are saying, without realizing it, is that you are not all virtuous women, and that is true. The passage says a virtuous woman has a value far above rubies, and the reason for that is because they are hard to come by. When you come against Proverbs 31, you aren't coming against some Bible teacher of our day, but Holy scripture. I find this interesting in light of the thread about effeminate men. God created men to be men and women to be women. We all have a role to play, but as Lucifer didn't like to play his part, and rebelled against God, men and women rebel against the person God made them to be.

BTW, we all have the same Bible, so it doesn't matter if a man is reading it or a woman is reading it. It says the same thing, and Proverbs 31 isn't that difficult to interpret.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The proverbs 31 woman, I feel that wasn't a day in her life, but her life. I like the above description of her being industrious etc...Also look at Debra the prophet. She sat under a tree and people came to her to hear the Lord. Then there's Ruth who went after her man, he didn't pick her, she made the first move. When Abigail was married to a jerk husband who didn't want to help David, she went to help anyway. I often wonder if her husband knew that or reprimanded her for it, but we do find out he was killed a little later. Then there's Rahab, and Mary Magdalene. God would've killed Moses on the way to Egypt if it hadnt been for his wide and what she did. Women in the bible are not frail fainting on the couch women, problem is society we live in now has cinderella syndrome. Lots of girls expect to be pampered princesses and when they run into biblical women, they call us maids or cant figure us out. How we're happy in our position. Most haven't read the bible. If they did they wouldn't view biblical women as doormats. I agree with sevenseas up there, women can carry a heavy load(emotionally, mentally) and we are amazing multi-taskers. I'm proud to be a woman, and a biblical one.

Good observations! I thought of Abigail myself sometime within the past two days. She wasn't exactly "a submissive wife" when she went against her husband's wishes - yet she was considered righteous in her deed.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

You just said that "we're not all cookie cutter proverbs 31 women. We're just not," as though that is something to be proud of.

The Prov. 31 woman was a micromanager, an investor, a boss, a seamstress, a chef, a round-the-clock sunrise-to-sunset worker, etc.

Do you truly expect every woman to have the potential to be able to do all of these things?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,418
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

womankind.jpg

:13::blink: Yeah, just so you know, we don't all bend like that!!!