• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Genesis Chapter 3:

6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves coverings.

8 And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden.

9 Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, “Where are you?”

10 So he said, “I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself.”

11 And He said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?”

12 Then the man said, “The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate.”

13 And the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”

The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

So their eyes were opened. But this is the question: Who told you that you were naked? I believe that they were not naked beforehand, but that God's spiritual covering over them which was removed at the time of their disobedience, leaving them entirely exposed once they separated themselves from Him in partaking of the knowledge of good and evil when they ate of the tree's fruit; and they realised that this covering had been removed from them as soon as they ate, and now: butt naked and ashamed of the exposure.

I know this is different from the traditional take on this portion of scripture, that they had been naked all that time and the knowledge of good and evil was the thing that revealed this to them, but when compared to the rest of scripture, it's clear to me that the explanation above is the actual case and state of events.

All thoughts RESPECTFULLY welcome.

Blessings

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

Bible says theyre naked.

Genesis 2:25 "And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

If they took leaves to cover their nakedness I cannot see how they were not naked. That part really needs no interpretation. Remember that Eve and Adam both ate of the tree of Knowledge and without the knowledge they were unaware they were naked.

Their nakedness is not in dispute, I just believe that beforehand they had God's spiritual covering and then became spiritually naked upon eating the fruit as well as realising they were physically naked. They knew they had lost this spiritual covering also, which is why they were ashamed.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

Yes, the insecurities, the shame, the result is the sin & separation from God. We all have insecurities no doubt, but I think the more insecurities we have the harder it is to give grace to others.

When God is providing that security in our life its all we need. Some people look for security in a job, other people, performance, etc.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

We were not created with cloths, and they were perfect not needing any modification.

And we still do not become sexually aware by eating apples.

Edited by 2404

Maybe they had the same glorified bodies that we will obtain at the Resurrection, so being "naked" wasn't an issue. Remember, death and decay had not come until after Eve listened to the devil and Adam listened to her.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

We were not created with cloths, and they were perfect not needing any modification.

And we still do not become sexually aware by eating apples.

What makes think they werent aware of sex?

Genesis 2:23 "And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed."

These verses are right after woman was made and Adam is saying a man shall cleave unto his wife. Cleaving is sex, coitus, copulation, joining, marrying, fusing, uniting, etc.

This takes place before the fruit is eaten so Adam is aware of sex and sexuality before the fall.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

The bible is very clear that they were physically naked. To suggest otherwise is to buy into the notion that nakedness (in the appropriate time and place) is a bad thing. It isn't, it has just been perverted by others. They were physically naked.

Once again, their physical nakedness is not in question.

Please these portions of scripture in light of this discussion:

2 Corinthians 5:2-4

2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven, 3 if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked. 4 For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life.

Matthew 22

22 And again Jesus spoke to them in parables (comparisons, stories used to illustrate and explain), saying,

2 The kingdom of heaven is like a king who gave a wedding banquet for his son

3 And sent his servants to summon those who had been invited to the wedding banquet, but they refused to come.

4 Again he sent other servants, saying, Tell those who are invited, Behold, I have prepared my banquet; my bullocks and my fat calves are killed, and everything is prepared; come to the wedding feast.

5 But they were not concerned and paid no attention [they ignored and made light of the summons, treating it with contempt] and they went away—one to his farm, another to his business,

6 While the others seized his servants, treated them shamefully, and put them to death.

7 [Hearing this] the king was infuriated; and he sent his soldiers and put those murderers to death and burned their city.

8 Then he said to his servants, The wedding [feast] is prepared, but those invited were not worthy.

9 So go to the thoroughfares where they leave the city [where the main roads and those from the country end] and invite to the wedding feast as many as you find.

10 And those servants went out on the crossroads and got together as many as they found, both bad and good, so [the room in which] the wedding feast [was held] was filled with guests.

11 But when the king came in to view the guests, he looked intently at a man there who had on no wedding garment.

12 And he said, Friend, how did you come in here without putting on the [appropriate] wedding garment? And he was speechless ([a]muzzled, gagged).

13 Then the king said to the attendants, Tie him hand and foot, and throw him into the darkness outside; there will be weeping and grinding of teeth.

14 For many are called (invited and summoned), but few are chosen.