IGNORED

The Mark

I believe that it will be avisable, external mark that one will have to willingly take in acknowledgement of their acceptance of the Beast as their god. There will be no surprise or excuse for taking it.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

My take is that the mark has to be more than a credit card or bar code, because that does not explain why such marks you for damnation.

Nebula, you make an interesting point. Something that came to mind was this.... are we to be forced to bear this mark? If not, and it is a matter of choice then we are 'choosing' to follow the beast. Thus allowing ourselves to fall away from God and go astray in such a way would make sense to be the path of destruction. I mean no offense. These are just my thoughts.

Just some food for thought.

I don't pretend to speak for Nebula, but my thought is that only post-rapture people will be around when the mark is required. Never-the-less, Revelation 13:16-17 seems to imply that the mark will be mandatory: “He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name” while Revelation 14:9-10 seems to imply that it will be voluntary: “If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, he, too, will drink of the wine of God's fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath.” No one will be able to say "I didn't know."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Whether a literal mark is placed on the forehead or hand would really be inconsequential, the crux of the matter is what stands behind it.

There will be consqences to taking a literal mark in the hand or forehead so I disagree that it is what is behind the mark that only matters. The consquences that will be obvious to those who take it you can't buy or sell anything, you will be martyred put to death for doing so. If it was not a literial mark then it would not be known to anyone who did or did not take it. Eternal damnation is certainly a consequence of taking the mark.

To stand in allegiance to and labour therein is taking the mark in the mind and on the hand.

I have always been intrigued so to speak about the scripture that is related to the mark of the beast but is never per say included in the discussions concerning those who take the literal mark or worhip the beast. It is found in...........( Revelation 16:1-2 - And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth...vs 2..And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grevious sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image ). This scripture tell us that during the time of the seven vials of God's judgement. The first angel carrying his vial which has God's wrath within it. It was the first plaque that was specifically reserved for those who had literally taken the mark and worshipped the beast. God's wrath will be poured out only on those people in the earth and no other during this time period. This plaque is the first of the seven vial judgment which will come. This plaque will be a noisome and grevious sore so terrible that the cries from the anguish of this plague will be disruptive. It will be heard all over the entire glode from those people who took the mark and worshipped the beast. There will be serious literally conseqences in this life and after this life for taking the mark and worshipping the beast. God's wrath will come upon them in this life and in the next life. life.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

My take is that the mark has to be more than a credit card or bar code, because that does not explain why such marks you for damnation.

Could it be the flip side? Because by default we are all lost.

Taking on the mark (be it with or without a physical manifestation) would seal the person off from receiving Christ's atonement.

When the Pharisees and Sadducee observed Jesus Christ doing works they called it of the devil. Jesus said he could forgive them for that but when the Holy Ghost came and did the same things and they called that the works of the devil they would be permanently sealed off - 'blasphemy of the Holy Ghost' - the unforgivable sin.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

The Antichrist, a man, will reign over only ten kingdoms that are yet to be formed inside the yet to be revived, Old Roman Empire. (Dan. 7:23-24). Only these ten kingdoms will give their power and kingdoms to him. (Rev.13:1; 17:12-17). Certain countries will escape his rule (Dan.11:40-44). Certain countries will make war on him at the very time he is supposed to be ruling the whole world (Dan. 11:40-44). Because he will reign only over ten countries inside the Roman Empire territory and because America is not inside that territoryand never will be, and because certain countries will escape him we can scripturally conclude that he will never rule America or be a world-wide dictator. Therefore, multitudes of people of many nations will also never take the mark of the beast and they will never be killed by the Antichrist for not doing so. The Bible speaks of many peoples of many nations that are left after the reign of the Antichrist, people who will be alive in the Millennium and will go up yearly to worship God (Zech. 14:16-21). This further limits the kingdom of the Antichrist to only part of the world and also limits his ability to kill every one who does not take the mark even in his own empire. According to Rev. 14:9-11 no one who has taken the mark will go into the Millennium, but will be sent to eternal Hell. That multitudes go into the Millennium proves they have not taken the mark of the beast and have not been killed, as taught by many Bible students. If the Antichrist were to kill every person who does not take his mark, and God sends to Hell every one who does take the mark, then there would be not one person left to enter the Millennium. Also, The mark of the beast will not be 666. There are three brands men will have a choice of taking in the days of the Antichrist inside his kingdom. They are his name, his mark, and the number of his name (Rev. 13:16-18). The name and mark of this man is not given in scripture; so no one will know what they are until he comes and men get to know what his name and mark will be, and what he will chose to put on his followers. The only one of these three brands that is given is the number of his name, and that is stated as being 666 in Rev. 13:18. So 666 is not the name or the mark of the beast. It is the number of the beast.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Rev. 14 saints = had a marking on their foreheads.

it identifies who's family they belong to.

How are we marked today if we are a Christian ? besides wearing a T-shirt that says it.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

It is a literal mark:

Revelation 13:15-18,14:9,11,15:2,16:2,19:20 and 20:4

To stand in allegiance to and labour therein is taking the mark in the mind and on the hand.

Read some posts on taking a mark.

Is there support in the community for this - or did I not read far enough?

A spiritual mark. :thumbsup:

I believe, but not many others do.

Include me in the few :)

:thumbsup:

~

For

And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Revelation 13:15-17

Sure

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. Revelation 22:3-4

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/17/1971

Amen Joe!! I believe its a literally a mark for in order to be identify youd need to be able to see it just my two cents LOL