IGNORED

Pot Stirring 1 - What do you look for in a Church Service?

ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

I have a two part topic. After getting responses here to this one, I will post the second part as a second thread.

What do you look for in a church service? What do you most enjoy? What is most important to you in a church service?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

hi jade.

1) new faces, seeing sinners get saved.

2) anointed singers, leading praise in spirit and in truth. He abides in worship.

3) anointed preaching. the Word being proclaimed, which is Truth being spoken.

love to you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

What do you look for in a church service?

Serving Jesus.

What do you most enjoy?

Serving Jesus.

What is most important to you in a church service?

Serving Jesus.

Serving the Word to the body of Christ is important to look for and a joy in finding.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

I have a two part topic. After getting responses here to this one, I will post the second part as a second thread.

What do you look for in a church service? What do you most enjoy? What is most important to you in a church service?

I look for a church that is filled with God's grace, focused on His glory, and reaches out to seekers/non-Believers. In particular I think having small groups during the week is helpful to connect with other Believers.

I most enjoy worshiping God and hearing a good message that is Scripturally sound/challenges my walk with God or points to something in Scripture that helps me understand God's plan/love better.

The most important aspect of a church service to me is being lead by God's Holy Spirit... Not to leave the same as when I entered the doors.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Sometimes too much ;)

Ummm....over the years I have come to realize that God is looking for me in a church and that I need to support and help where I can

That does not make me a nice person...that makes me a person who used to be the opposite and has had to ride out a few storms

Even so, the true Gospel, fellowship, decent worship... honoring God and not our personal taste in music...a solid ministry team...for counselling, working with the unsaved, helping those

in need and so on...Bible study

I would be happy with the true Gospel...balanced and not dead or over- spiritual...and good ministry. I love music, but I can sing all the old hymns if that is what it takes to have solid

representation of Christ in the pulpit

So, I enjoy the worship the most but need and believe that the teaching is the most important.

Yes, you can look ~ I think bringing your own time that you have had in the presence of God during the week is what makes for fellowship with others of like mind

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  538
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  2

the church service is very clearly shown in the writings of Paul, although I have yet to find a church that adheres to the biblical standards outlined from scripture, It appears that enough false teachers have infiltrated her ranks to move the biblical standards to a place where much of what Paul taught no longer happens..............clearly the great falling away is already happening, as is most biblical teaching is just a shell of what we see taught in the bible

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

For me the most important part of church services is the exegesis of the scriptures.

I enjoy fellowship, and praising the lord with the saints, but my relationship with the lord is personal and that comes first.

Guest ninhao

What do you look for in a church service?

Integrity of message being Holy Spirit guided

What do you most enjoy?

Praise and Worship

What is most important to you in a church service?

Integrity of service being Holy spirit guided. Relevant message.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Expository Bible preaching, going through a whole bood of the Bible.

Joyful Praise and worship in psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Thanksgiving. God focused, not people focused.

Prayer, which can be a part of the above.

The above should equip us to lead others to Christ and disciple them. We should be bringing them to church with

us, helping them learn how to use their Bibles, answer their questions, and equiping them to begin their walk with God.

Small group studies also help with this, as do Bible studies such as Bible Study Fellowship.

Some of the best "soul winners" are just baby Christians, themselves.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

the church service is very clearly shown in the writings of Paul, although I have yet to find a church that adheres to the biblical standards outlined from scripture, It appears that enough false teachers have infiltrated her ranks to move the biblical standards to a place where much of what Paul taught no longer happens..............clearly the great falling away is already happening, as is most biblical teaching is just a shell of what we see taught in the bible

Sorry brother but you didn't really answer the OP...