IGNORED

Would you leave everything to follow Jesus?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

http://www.christianpost.com/news/would-you-leave-everything-to-follow-jesus-97205/

When the first disciples were called by Christ to follow Him, they left everything behind. It was a drastic decision, but one that was necessary if they were going to follow the Messiah. What about you? Would you leave everything and go with Christ if He came to your door today and called you to join Him?

One of the things about Christianity is that it was never intended to be merely an intellectual exercise. Following Christ goes far beyond believing certain things about God. It gets down to the issue of allegiance, and commitment, and change.

Am I willing to have my life changed to reflect God's agenda for me, or do I expect God to fit into my agenda?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,321
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

that's a very good question.  I think i would probably have to say not without the help of the Holy Spirit....

Guest ninhao
 Would you leave everything and go with Christ if He came to your door today and called you to join Him?

Please allow me a split moment to consider this.

Yes of course !

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,706
  • Content Per Day:  8.03
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Well a good indicator would be... what have you given up of your pleasure now in order to serve Him?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  9

I have been thinking about this question. Have I given up some things? Yes. But, I realized that whatever I have supposedly given up are not things I mourn the loss of. I miss the people but I have received more and far better then anything I have given up. 

I can think of many scripture verses noting that loss is actually gain.

Phil 3:

But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, 11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Money is one of the biggest tests of what we are willing to give up to follow Jesus.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Actually the test really is...... Would we give up everything to follow Him even if He did not call at our door in person....

That to me is the true test of faith.

Howe many have done so?

Guest ninhao

Actually the test really is...... Would we give up everything to follow Him even if He did not call at our door in person....

That to me is the true test of faith.

Howe many have done so?

Hello Fez,

Does Jesus request every Christian to give up everything to follow Him and if so what does giving up everything look like ?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Right now, I'd say no, but I'm "working up to it" which cannot be done without the Spirit of God.

The one test that determines that (which the world hates)  is the 4th commandment. While I understand the day is holy, I do not outwardly show others I keep it.  The seventh (in my heart) is also problematic for me, but then again, we all physically perish and rot, so that image in my mind keeps me in check (if I may be so graphic).

Yes, I will be saved and am saved to do good works as I trust this will be the final outcome.  But in everyday Christian jargon, I'm growing yet and have a lot to attain.  As Paul would say in Romans 7, my heart's there, but I do not do that which I want to do. And it's that thought that keeps me going. Thank goodness he forgives seventy times seven. I really need it. And that's my testimony on that.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  460
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1990

If he was the real deal and I felt the holy spirit in my heart thus proving he was real then yeah I can see myself going I think.