IGNORED

Who is the the lawless one in 2Thessalonians 2?

silviawang

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

2Thessalonians 2

3Let no one deceive you in any way; for that day will not come unless the rebellion comes first and the lawless one* is revealed, the one destined for destruction.* 4He opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, declaring himself to be God. 5Do you not remember that I told you these things when I was still with you? 6And you know what is now restraining him, so that he may be revealed when his time comes. 7For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work, but only until the one who now restrains it is removed. 8And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus* will destroy* with the breath of his mouth, annihilating him by the manifestation of his coming. 9The coming of the lawless one is apparent in the working of Satan, who uses all power, signs, lying wonders, 10and every kind of wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved11For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion, leading them to believe what is false, 12so that all who have not believed the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness will be condemned.

2 Features of the lawless one

1-came before Paul,according to the sentence I highlighted

2-He opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, declaring himself to be God”

Any idea for who he is?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Satan

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,656
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 (KJV)
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

John 17:12 (KJV)
12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

I am one of those Biblicists that believes God can convey a message all on his own and doesn't need man's help. In fact, God warns us not to add to or take away from his word several times in the Bible. This tells me that the Bible is it's own best commentary. It translates itself and with the tutelage of the Holy Spirit who wrote the Bible through the writing prophets... we will be lead to all truth.

666 for example, if you look for it just in the Bible you see it is only in the Bible 4 times. 2 of which point to the first temple builder. 1 points to a clan named after a man whose name means "risen lord" which sounds like a prophetic name about Jesus and it is... but it can also refer to Revelation 13:3 where the beast (the lawless one) is somehow risen from the dead and the whole world (except for Christians) wonders after him for it. And the "calculation of the number" 666 in Revelation 13:18 is the figuring of Hebrew years between destruction of the Jewish temple in 586 BCE and the destruction of the Jewish temple in 70 CE which were destroyed on the same Hebrew calendar date 665.666667 years apart (according to the prophetic 360 day year calendar). 

Satan is said to be a prowling lion that wanders about the earth and is mentioned as the spirit head of opposition to God and all that is unholy... but IMHO there is little in the way of evidence that he is not in the abyss right now entangled in the downfall of a fallen angel (possessing a human being) which Satan clearly did in Judas Iscariot 

Luke 22:3 (KJV)
3 Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.

John 13:26-27 (KJV)
26 Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.
27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

It was go for broke time and apparently the devil did not realize until he threw the money at the priests (when he tried to stop the crucifixion) that he'd played right into God's plan (that Jesus dying on the cross was God's plan all along). And the rage within cause Judas to kill himself the same way the swine did when the legion of demons entered into them...

Jude 6 (KJV)
6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Apparently when fallen angels possess a human or animal they are imprisoned in the abyss upon the death of that host or if they are exorcised until judgment or when released by God from the abyss.

Revelation 20:1-5 (KJV)
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

The Greek term "thousand years" is an unspecific long amount of time.

Upon his return (the revealing of the man of sin / lawlessness / son of perdition you were asking about) he will reveal himself to be a man who lived 2000 years ago, and he will be able to prove it through blood tests or some DNA / RNA scientific approach... remember the whole world will be fooled by this guy so it will take something pretty convincing to modern man (consisting of skeptics atheists other religions).

In a sense, this is revealing the man of lawlessness although I doubt it is what Paul meant. By revealing he meant the coming of him to prominence and power. And he will proceed to blaspheme calling himself God and smear Jesus name as a fraud and only Christians will know he is lying... so Christians will be hunted as trouble makers and worse.

Revelation 13:5-10 (KJV)
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.
10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Revelation 12:17 (KJV)
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 3:10 (KJV)
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Most who teach about the rapture tend to leave out this part... many just hope it will all go away... but the diagram I showed in another post about the rapture shows it will take place in the middle of the 70th Week of Daniel and the few Christians who survive to that point will be taken but they will be so few in number and so deep in hiding as not to be noticed when suddenly missing from the earth.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

He is YOU, youself.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

"The lawless one" is the Anti-Christ. 

He is YOU, youself.

???

more explain,pls

• Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

That 'lawless one' who sits on God's throne, demanding his own way is us; our ego and 'old man' identity. When we confess that we ourselves have been taking the place of God IN OUR OWN HEART, then our ego structure is taken out of the way, the Lord 'destroys him with the brightness of His coming' fully into our lives.

Incidentally, once we get rid of THIS 'antichrist' we will need have NO FEAR of any antichrist who might come from 'out there' somewhere!

Every blessing to you in your journey.

That 'lawless one' who sits on God's throne, demanding his own way is us; our ego and 'old man' identity. When we confess that we ourselves have been taking the place of God IN OUR OWN HEART, then our ego structure is taken out of the way, the Lord ,destroys him with the brightness of His coming' fully into our lives.

Every blessing to you in your journey.

disagree,but i do not want to argue with y

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

"The lawless one" is the Anti-Christ.

Amen!