Gay, evangelical and seeking acceptance in church

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Saw this interesting news article on yahoo. Since yahoo removes the link after a month, I am also posting another source for it (which I did not look at in full so I dont know if it contains everything the yahoo article did.)

http://news.yahoo.com/gay-evangelical-seeking-acceptance-church-161522243.html

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/gay-evangelical-seeking-acceptance-church-19537354#.UdC4CPlPuNs

One part that caught my eye was this:

Lee is gay and celibate, but encourages dialogue among evangelicals with different views. He frames the discussion as "Side A" and "Side B" Christians. "Side B" believes gays should be celibate because of a consistent Christian teaching that sex is only for marriage between a man and a woman. "Side A" Christians believe God blesses same-sex relationships because the particular Bible verses cited to condemn homosexuality do not 
advances in knowledge about same-sex attraction.

They really do not get it. God is unchanging. How we are to live is dependent on what the Lord has to say. Not the advancements in knowledge. The devil tempted eve with that same lie (advancements in her knowledge if she eats the fruit).

Genesis 3:5  for God knows that in the day you eat of it, then your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

Satan is working overtime now.He knows his time is short.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

Saw this interesting news article on yahoo. Since yahoo removes the link after a month, I am also posting another source for it (which I did not look at in full so I dont know if it contains everything the yahoo article did.)

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/gay-evangelical-seeking-acceptance-church-19537354#.UdC4CPlPuNs

Lee is gay and celibate, but encourages dialogue among evangelicals with different views. He frames the discussion as "Side A" and "Side B" Christians. "Side B" believes gays should be celibate because of a consistent Christian teaching that sex is only for marriage between a man and a woman. "Side A" Christians believe God blesses same-sex relationships because the particular Bible verses cited to condemn homosexuality do not 

They really do not get it. God is unchanging. How we are to live is dependent on what the Lord has to say. Not the advancements in knowledge. The devil tempted eve with that same lie (advancements in her knowledge if she eats the fruit).

Genesis 3:5  for God knows that in the day you eat of it, then your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

I bolded the one sentence in your post, A.J.,  because that's the gist of of this whole issue.  God IS unchanging and homosexuality is still an abomination. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  460
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1990

Both "Side A" and "Side B" are wrong. They are just continually trying to find any crack of darkness from God's light to justify their attraction and behavior. And they are really confused if they state the Bible (God's word) was just not advanced enough to understand something that has been going on since Sodom and Gomorrah- its like saying they know better than God. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

I think that is manifested more in the modern economic world than the matter of sexual morals, which have always been a problem: remember King David?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

I think that is manifested more in the modern economic world than the matter of sexual morals, which have always been a problem: remember King David?

Is sexual morality not one of the ways a society is attacked? 

Have you read Romans 1? 

God bless,

GE

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I know a woman who was terrorized by demons and they tried to make her believe she was a lesbian, to the point where they tried to manipulate her feelings and bodily organs.  It makes me think that if they are doing that to one person they are probably doing the same thing to many more.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Is sexual morality not one of the ways a society is attacked? 

Have you read Romans 1? 

God bless,

GE

The near-total rule of money worldwide seems more akin to "antichrist" domination. Sexual morals have been a serious problem since Genesis!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I know a woman who was terrorized by demons and they tried to make her believe she was a lesbian, to the point where they tried to manipulate her feelings and bodily organs.  It makes me think that if they are doing that to one person they are probably doing the same thing to many more.

Once again I will say it.  Homosexuality is a sin.  I think this is part of a pattern too.  Use excuses for them...And I too would suggest you read Romans 1 and 2 Cor 6:9-10   But thank you jade for these two articles, they were very  informative .  

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Once again I will say it.  Homosexuality is a sin.  I think this is part of a pattern too.  Use excuses for them...And I too would suggest you read Romans 1 and 2 Cor 6:9-10   But thank you jade for these two articles, they were very  informative .  

LOL.  I'm not making excuses for anyone, just stating a fact.  Demons try to tempt people into sinning at whatever they perceive to be each person's weakness.  In that woman's case, they thought she would be susceptible due to events that occurred in her childhood.  When temptations/suggestions didn't work, they tried direct manipulation. She was fortunate enough to be able to perceive the spirit that was terrorizing her and trying to manipulate her feelings.

Edited by WalkTheWay