• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,772
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Shalom everyone,

If you are wondering how the Bible could have been created in 6 days and 6000 years old, as well as it appears to be "millions" of years old.  This is MIT Professor Gerald L. Schroeder explaining -- BOTH may be TRUE!

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

• This is Worthy 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,772
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

• This is Worthy 1

that is one old Bible, was it printed or hand written?

Shalom everyone,

If you are wondering how the Bible could have been created in 6 days and 6000 years old, as well as it appears to be "millions" of years old.  This is MIT Professor Gerald L. Schroeder explaining -- BOTH may be TRUE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRl8vBRNc58

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

Great Find! Thanks!!

• Loved it! 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Very interesting!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

If you are wondering how the Bible could have been created in 6 days and 6000 years old, as well as it appears to be "millions" of years old.  

I’m sorry, George, but that’s not what Gerald Schroeder says in that film (by the way, it’s about the age of universe, not of the Bible). He instead says that Creation took 6 days, but the universe is billions (not millions, but billions) years old.

Moreover, all that Schroeder does in that movie is playing Hebrew semantics – it’s not a scientific theory in any amount.

Now, I’m a YEC, so I’m sorry too, but that’s how it is.

But there is a scientific theory that says pretty much the same basic thing as Schroeder (different perception of time). It’s the galactocentric cosmology of Russell Humphreys. It’s heavily relativistic (it makes heavy use of general relativity). Now that you could say is a scientific theory – Schroeder’s isn’t.

Humpreys’ theory was obviously much criticized by mainstream, but the sad part is that one of the most fierce critics was Hugh Ross, who claims to be a Christian. But don’t take Ross’ critics too seriously, because I caught Ross saying very stupid things, so…

But don’t buy too much into Humpreys’ theory either, because that’s wrong too. Simply because Einstein’s relativity is wrong (multiple evidence: the non-existence of gravitational waves, the GPS operation, the non-obedience of celestial bodies, like the Moon, to the theory, the existence of ether, etc.).

Moreover, Schroeder’s view is very old. Many times before theistic evolutionists have tried to fit the claimed billions of years of evolution before Adam (and many more times others have tried to read the 6 Creation days as billions of years). So really nothing new here.

As for the only scientific part in the movie, the one with the ratio of 0.015, well there’s a huge problem with that: the big bang universe is not 15 billions old, as Schroeder claims. It’s more than a billion years less old than that. So this doesn’t work either.

But I admit I didn’t watch the second movie, only the first.

Now don’t be sad that this didn’t work. Because the universe is not billions of years old, so you, just like me, don’t have a problem with that. The universe is ONLY billions of years old if the big bang theory is right. And by now we know that it is actually wrong (I addressed this in multiple threads in “Faith vs. science” section of the forum).

Moreover, in one of those threads I also presented my personal way to match a billions of light years universe (that is radius, not age) with a thousands of years timeframe.

So we YECs are on solid ground, while they OECs aren’t.

• Thanks 1

So we YECs are on solid ground

Even Israel Knew

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20:8-11

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Bump~!

~