• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

No, a Christian cannot go to hell.

What about a Christian who constantly backslides and thinks that fornication before marriage is ok, do they still go to heaven? And it's not a trick question I just don't know the answer.

Guest AFlameOfFire

1Cr 6:9-10 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Such were some of us. but we weren't called to work uncleanness but unto holiness, but at least he informs us not to be deceived  on this matter.

Though he does speak on our company, and what is called a brother which be the following

1Cr 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

Calls them to put the one in the fornication out from among them 

His being expelled, was a shunning of sorts, which in 2 Cr they brought him back, not so much before he sorrowed but that he would not be overcome by the same it seems. They seemed to save a soul from the error of their way in this doing.

2Cr 2:6 Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many.

2Cr 2:7 So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow.

So shows he was received back, after he repented

1Cr 6:9-10 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Such were some of us. but we weren't called to work uncleanness but unto holiness, but at least he informs us not to be deceived  on this matter.

Though he does speak on our company, and what is called a brother which be the following

1Cr 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

His being expelled, was a shunning of sorts, which in 2 Cr they brought him back, not so much before he sorrowed but that he would not be overcome by the same it seems. They seemed to save a soul from the error of their way in this doing.

2Cr 2:6 Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many.

2Cr 2:7 So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow.

Ha thank you. Case closed lol

That's why I wrote earlier that I really didn't think that whoever "claims" to be a Christian will inherit the kingdom of God. I know quite a few so called Christians who fall under the above categories you mentioned Kim. 

Although it takes some a lifetime to abide by these rules, many falls and learning the hard way to finally realize that we cannot be blessed in life if we're not obedient. I know because I was one of them... 

Guest AFlameOfFire

That's why I wrote earlier that I really didn't think that whoever "claims" to be a Christian will inherit the kingdom of God. I know quite a few so called Christians who fall under the above categories you mentioned Kim. 

Hi Eric if they don't listen to ya smilie_girl_081.gif

smilie_girl_186.gif (put them outside)

I was just dying to use that combination Asmiliegirlhaha.gif (kidding wit chu) lol

Guest AFlameOfFire

Although it takes some a lifetime to abide by these rules, many falls and learning the hard way to finally realize that we cannot be blessed in life if we're not obedient. I know because I was one of them... 

I was one of them myself too, and for longer then I would have been had someone said something. And it was only at each point someone was unafraid to show me the error of my way (and call it what it was) that I could see it and turn from it.

Because when I was let go, and had their acceptance while in my behavior that (to me) was like shutting up the the Kingdom to me because I needed to repent.

For example, I had no clue what fornication was (at the first) and so I was showing up to church enjoying fellowship having no idea, until the pastor addressed me on it, and it was at that point I become afraid because I wouldn't inherit the Kingdom of God if I continued in that doing. So in fear I fled from it. So I appreciate anyone not shunning to declare to me the full counsel of God in respects to the same. I needed to be corrected and shrinking from that for fear to do so would have never saved me from the error of my way.

God bless you!

Hi Eric if they don't listen to ya smilie_girl_081.gif

smilie_girl_186.gif (put them outside)

I was just dying to use that combination Asmiliegirlhaha.gif (kidding wit chu) lol

lol that's right :P