• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Nebula...

Is the idea that Zimmerman acted without thinking supposed to make me feel better about what happened?   There is a reason the legit Neighborhood Watch programs have police sponsors and get training on what to do and what not to do.   When I was a high schooler growing up in Florida I am used to cut thru lawns all the time getting from point A to Point B. Lucky for me nobody shot me I guess.

No, it's not about feeling better. But as you said: "I don't see that I have any responsibility in God's view other than to try and support the whole truth, not just one side or the other." Are you truly observing the whole truth when you keep judging Zimmerman the way you have been? Is he undeserving of grace an mercy?

Is God's desire revenge or redemption?

And yes, both erred, I am glad you can see that.  But sadly only one is dead.  You will forgive me if I don't view Zimmerman as some sort of tragic figure.

Zimmerman should be held accountable for what he genuinely did wrong, but he should never have been falsely painted as a WHITE-hispanic racist who tried to tackle a 6-foot muscular 17 year-old to the ground, nor should he become the poster child and scapegoat for every racial angst people have against racial discrepancy.

The only reason I am attempting to defend Zimmerman is because this is what has unjustly become of this case.

Thank you.

OK, from reading the article, it doesn't seem like anyone had a problem with this beforehand, though. So, please keep this in proper perspective, OK?

and finally, had Zimmerman used common sense Martin would not be dead, period.  But he didn't and we all know the result. 

You're still being an arm-chair critic looking in hindsight.

Enough evidence exists to likewise state that had Martin likewise used common sense and not gone on the offensive the way he did, he would still be alive. So please weigh the other side as you stated was  your desire.

Why does it not bother you how people are portraying Marin on here?  

I too have been surprised by how readily Christians on Worthy, who did not know him, have rubbished Trayvon Martin and denigrated his memory. I think we really need to be far more respectful than the worldly media.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

Nebula...

Is the idea that Zimmerman acted without thinking supposed to make me feel better about what happened?   There is a reason the legit Neighborhood Watch programs have police sponsors and get training on what to do and what not to do.   When I was a high schooler growing up in Florida I am used to cut thru lawns all the time getting from point A to Point B. Lucky for me nobody shot me I guess.

No, it's not about feeling better. But as you said: "I don't see that I have any responsibility in God's view other than to try and support the whole truth, not just one side or the other." Are you truly observing the whole truth when you keep judging Zimmerman the way you have been? Is he undeserving of grace an mercy?

Is God's desire revenge or redemption?

And yes, both erred, I am glad you can see that.  But sadly only one is dead.  You will forgive me if I don't view Zimmerman as some sort of tragic figure.

Zimmerman should be held accountable for what he genuinely did wrong, but he should never have been falsely painted as a WHITE-hispanic racist who tried to tackle a 6-foot muscular 17 year-old to the ground, nor should he become the poster child and scapegoat for every racial angst people have against racial discrepancy.

The only reason I am attempting to defend Zimmerman is because this is what has unjustly become of this case.

Thank you.

OK, from reading the article, it doesn't seem like anyone had a problem with this beforehand, though. So, please keep this in proper perspective, OK?

and finally, had Zimmerman used common sense Martin would not be dead, period.  But he didn't and we all know the result. 

You're still being an arm-chair critic looking in hindsight.

Enough evidence exists to likewise state that had Martin likewise used common sense and not gone on the offensive the way he did, he would still be alive. So please weigh the other side as you stated was  your desire.

It is not in my power to offer Zimmerman either grace or mercy.   

People on here have painted Zimmerman as the victim, that makes me angry.  He is alive and walking the streets today.  

yes, I am looking in hindsight l just like you and everyone else.   And I have said more than a few times that both didn't use common sense. 

It's also not in your power to cast Judgement.

The Jury has stated quite openly after reviewing all of the evidence that Zimmerman was in fact the victim.

Who's Marin?

only one juror has said that, the rest don't seem to agree...

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/17/19520580-four-zimmerman-jurors-distance-themselves-from-fellow-panelist?lite

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

It is not in my power to offer Zimmerman either grace or mercy.   

If it is in your power to offer him condemnation, then you also have the power to offer him grace and mercy.

People on here have painted Zimmerman as the victim, that makes me angry.  He is alive and walking the streets today.

The news media initiated this pendulum-swing by initially doctoring the evidence and portraying Zimmerman as a white racist who unjustly attacked a defenseless black kid. But the evidence shows that Zimmerman was not acting out of racism, and Martin was his own weapon, being a trained fighter, and he was not a "kid".

The way pendulums work is that you have to swing it to the other extreme before it can come to its proper balance in the center.

But I don't think anyone is considering him a victim of the incident, rather a victim of the media.

Or do you believe Zimmerman deserves to become the scapegoat for all racial injustices against blacks?

The pendulum swing principle. He wasn't the sweet smiling 12-13 year-old the propaganda keeps showing.

Do you believe this is acceptable?

yes, I am looking in hindsight l just like you and everyone else.   And I have said more than a few times that both didn't use common sense.

Good. So why can't we keep this incident as an unfortunate tragedy without all the hoop-la it has become?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

This topic seems to be swimming in circles. Locking for now.