• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Appears as if the only one who acted as a mob was George Zimmerman, who went out patrolling with a gun on his person.

He wasn't PATROLLING. He was on his way for groceries.

and Target stores are known for their extreme danger, which I guess is why he was packing the heat.  only a fool would to go a Target unarmed.  :ph34r:

I'd bet in the United States at any given time in any city and in any store like Target or Walmart, there are hundreds of people carrying concealed weapons! Are they all fools that do what the government allows and that Americans are proud of being able to do?

Even Zimmerman said he forgot he had it with him.

Even crowded theatres are dangerous places these days.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

but a vigilante is not a good thing to have around.

One can be observant, vigilant and care about safety without killing someone. 

JD, you can be a good logical person, but unfortunately, you stepped outside of logic here. 

What I mean is this - can you prove Zimmerman was being a vigilante? 

Following someone in order to observe his behavior and trace his steps is not taking the law into his hands..

Unless one can provide sufficient evidence that Zimmerman has the intention of tackling Martin or tying him down or hitting him or even shooting him, then you can't accuse him of being a vigilante.

I do not believe that Zimmerman had any intention of shooting anyone.  I believe that he viewed himself more highly than he should have and that he put himself in a situation that he found out very quickly he was not capable of handling.  The result of this was a dead human.

And while I agree with the court verdict based on the evidence, one can be legally innocent but not morally so.

There is no evidence he was told to carry a gun, that is his own story.  According to testimony from the police, Zimmerman was asked to be part of a citizens patrol program but wanted to part in it.   Why is that? 

When a person is placed in a life or death situation, that person is number one, and has every right to advance his right to live over the other.

Anyone who has a license to carry a gun is in essence "told" it is OK to carry one.

People should not needlessly place themselves in life and death situations.  The outcome is rarely a good one, as we have seen.  Unless you think it is good that Martin is dead

I seriously doubt he thought he was walking into a life or death situation. He thought he was following someone who was suspicious, that's all.

Lets assume that he really thought that Martin was the one doing the robbing, what did he expect to happen if you follow a criminal?   

Think about it for a minute, if you go out of your way to follow someone you think is a criminal, you had better be ready for such as situation.  

So, either Zimmerman thought he was able to handle it or he didn't think about it.  Either way the outcome was not good

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

JD, you can be a good logical person, but unfortunately, you stepped outside of logic here. 

Following someone in order to observe his behavior and trace his steps is not taking the law into his hands..

Unless one can provide sufficient evidence that Zimmerman has the intention of tackling Martin or tying him down or hitting him or even shooting him, then you can't accuse him of being a vigilante.

I do not believe that Zimmerman had any intention of shooting anyone.  I believe that he viewed himself more highly than he should have and that he put himself in a situation that he found out very quickly he was not capable of handling.  The result of this was a dead human.

And while I agree with the court verdict based on the evidence, one can be legally innocent but not morally so.

There is no evidence he was told to carry a gun, that is his own story.  According to testimony from the police, Zimmerman was asked to be part of a citizens patrol program but wanted to part in it.   Why is that? 

When a person is placed in a life or death situation, that person is number one, and has every right to advance his right to live over the other.

Anyone who has a license to carry a gun is in essence "told" it is OK to carry one.

People should not needlessly place themselves in life and death situations.  The outcome is rarely a good one, as we have seen.  Unless you think it is good that Martin is dead

I seriously doubt he thought he was walking into a life or death situation. He thought he was following someone who was suspicious, that's all.

Lets assume that he really thought that Martin was the one doing the robbing, what did he expect to happen if you follow a criminal?   

Think about it for a minute, if you go out of your way to follow someone you think is a criminal, you had better be ready for such as situation.  

So, either Zimmerman thought he was able to handle it or he didn't think about it.  Either way the outcome was not good

He was on the phone with the cops, so he obviously was attempting to get help, but it seems that he didn't want to lose visual contact with him.

FWIW, it has been told that Zimmerman bought a gun at the advice of a police officer when his wife was cornered by a snarling dog. He asked the police officer what else could he do as well as calling the authorities if something like this happens again, and time is of the essence. The officer's answer: "Get yourself a gun."

So, Zimmerman, on his way to the grocery store, doing a mundane regular chore, was wearing his gun concealed according to his permit and his right. He wasn't out on some sort of rounds as a member of the neighbourhood watch.

and had he just continued on to Target Martin would still be alive and his life would not be ruined. 

Yet, a man who is observant, and vigilant about the safety of his community is a good man to have around.

He was not a vigilante. He was observing, and was attacked for it by a violent kid.

while I agree with the verdict based on the actual evidence available, I refuse to view Zimmerman as either a hero or a victim.  

He is a self-important wannabe that put himself in a dangerous situation that he was not capable of handling in a correct fashion and the result was a dead human being. 

I wonder what you would do if your head was being bashed in by a wannabe gangsta?

If I was not capable of defending myself from a wannabe gangsta 17 year old I would not have been out following said 17 year old.  Perhaps prior to appointing himself the defender of the gated community he should have learned some basic non-lethal self defense.

Like what?

People can lapse into unconsciousness and die from one solid blow to the head.

Like not letting the 17 year old wannabe gangsta get you on the ground.  If you cannot handle a 17 year old wannabe gangsta, you should not be out following people.  Pretty simple.

He was on the phone with the cops, so he obviously was attempting to get help, but it seems that he didn't want to lose visual contact with him.

If you are following someone you think is a criminal and you don't think you are putting yourself in a life and death situation, you are an idiot.   

Do you really believe that tracking someone's whereabouts is placing oneself in a dangerous life or death situation? Why? Do you admit that Martin was dangerous, then?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

If you are following someone you think is a criminal and you don't think you are putting yourself in a life and death situation, you are an idiot.   

What about someone working at wal mart who follows a 19 year old girl who just lifted some makeup? Not every situation has a blanket. There are times I wouldn't feel endangered if I were following a criminal. Perhaps I'm an idiot, though.

What about someone working at wal mart who follows a 19 year old girl who just lifted some makeup? Not every situation has a blanket. There are times I wouldn't feel endangered if I were following a criminal. Perhaps I'm an idiot, though.

I was a WalMart manger for a couple of years, I saw our AP people pepper sprayed, punched, kicked and almost run over.  So, yes if you are following a criminal, you should assume it is a dangerous situation

Do you really believe that tracking someone's whereabouts is placing oneself in a dangerous life or death situation? Why? Do you admit that Martin was dangerous, then?

Yes, I think that tracking the whereabouts of a criminal is placing oneself in danger, don't you?  What do you expect the criminal to do when he sees you tracking him?  ask you nicely to stop?

Clearly Martin was dangerous, he was kicking the butt of adult male.    or maybe it was just Zimmerman's lack of ability that makes Martin seem dangerous.

So, you think Martin was a criminal? Not an innocent child?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

The one voice we don't hear is Martin's. People seem to feel very free to accuse him of just about everything, to malign his name and to rubbish his memory. He remains silent in the tomb.