angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Did anybody ever buy anything at Costco? My daughter bought a membership card and I went with her to see what the store is all about!

I have to see that a lot of stuff is much cheaper then the stores and over a year you can save lots of money by buying things you need,you do need the know the price you pay in the store before you can call it a good deal,looking at store flyers can save you lots of money too ,use the coupons and you become a smart shopper,just buy the things you need and sometimes what you want:)

How do you usually shop?

We have a membership to Sam's. We love buying bulk. :thumbsup:

We don't have a Sam ,it sounds like its something like Costco?

I joined Costco when my husband needed some over the counter pills that Costco had under their own brand name for far less then anything available over the counter anywhere else. The savings for the one item was about $30. (Allergy pills).

Since then, we have had a membership. (A couple of years).

If a grocery story has something on special, they usually match or are less then the Costco price, but for everyday prices, Costco is less. Items on sale at Costco usually beat other places.

You have to buy larger quantities at Costco. To take advantage of food, you need to have a freezer, unless you have a large family. Their bakery is good in my opinion.  I've bought everything from pies, danish, meat, paper plates, frozen panko breaded tilapia, milk, peanut butter, tires for our car, fresh fruit, an office chair, bathroom mats/rugs, coffee (k-cups come to less then 50 cents each for a 80 count box), snow shoes, kleenex, tp, paper towels. I have heard one of their biggest sellers is TP.  I buy Costco brand multi-vitamins and read somewhere their price and quality is among the best. We generally can't get out of there for less then $100, and I see most people buying much larger quantities.  We go about once a month.

I have also heard that some people will go thru their samples to taste for lunch. Our Costco has a lunch counter, but that varies from store to store, and the huge hotdog with drink is ridiculously cheap, $1.50. We do not have a gas station at our local Costco, but I think they are going to put one in.  

So, if you work at it, you can definitely beat the Costco prices.

Their bakery is good in my opinion. I've bought everything from pies, danish, meat, paper plates, frozen panko breaded tilapia, milk, peanut butter, tires for our car,

They bake car tires! How do they taste?  :rofl:

:):clap:  :clap:  :clap:

We actually use Sam's club, which is pretty much the same thing. We took a look at Costco earlier this year when our membership at Sam's came up, but we decided to stick what what we knew.

What's the best deal in the store?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

Did anybody ever buy anything at Costco? My daughter bought a membership card and I went with her to see what the store is all about!

I have to see that a lot of stuff is much cheaper then the stores and over a year you can save lots of money by buying things you need,you do need the know the price you pay in the store before you can call it a good deal,looking at store flyers can save you lots of money too ,use the coupons and you become a smart shopper,just buy the things you need and sometimes what you want:)

How do you usually shop?

It's basically the same thing as Cotsco, slightly different brands, very few differences overall. The best thing about both places, to me, are their meat departments. Also, nutritional supplements in large quantities for fairly cheap if you're into that sort of thing.

How do you usually shop?

It's basically the same thing as Cotsco, slightly different brands, very few differences overall. The best thing about both places, to me, are their meat departments. Also, nutritional supplements in large quantities for fairly cheap if you're into that sort of thing.

I was actually looking for magnesium citrate--but couldn't find it ,only the magnesium oxide. As I said we got a bottle odourless garlic pills for &16,99 (year supply!)

Which kind of supplement were you talking about? Protein powder? I

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

How do you usually shop?

I was actually looking for magnesium citrate--but couldn't find it ,only the magnesium oxide. As I said we got a bottle odourless garlic pills for &16,99 (year supply!)

Several types of vitamins, protein powders as well, protein shakes, other general workout supplements such as creatine (this is at Sam's club, at least).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

How do you usually shop?

Several types of vitamins, protein powders as well, protein shakes, other general workout supplements such as creatine (this is at Sam's club, at least).

Yes,I bought my allergy medicine at Costco.Their was about a years supply at a very reasonable rate.

How do you usually shop?

Yes,I bought my allergy medicine at Costco.Their was about a years supply at a very reasonable rate.

I love that store...wish now I bought the turbo fan I seen while I was there-------------

Have been members of both Sam's and Costco. Made since for us at the time, having both businesses and a family of 7, the bulk sizes were never an issue. As far as differences, Sam's Club's focus I think is slightly better on prices, at least they seem to try to be, and similarly Costco strives for higher quality.

The differences in both are small, but they do carry different items, it is when you try to compare similar (not identical) items, that you notice that Costco carries slightly nicer stuff often, with a few more items being U.S. made, not Chinese. Comparing identical items, you will usually see a few cents discount on the prices, but not always.

Costco pay's it's employees better, if that is a concern to you.

Both charge money for you to be there, a concept that I find rediculous, I guess it is a way to control crowds and keep low income people out, lol. It works on me, I do not have a membership at either place now.

We find that both places have items that we wish the other had. Sometimes, you have to buy now, and not count on it being there on your next visit. I have purchased items at Sam's Club a number of times, that I have marked up 25 to 30% on resold on eBay. I saw a pallet of items there one time, that I thought, "I could sell those on ebay", but I did not know what they were worth. I bought half a dozen of them. I went home and looked up the item on the net, and they were typically about $30, and only $5.95 at Sam's club. I went back to the store to buy some, and they were all gone.

Some items are brought in occasionally, and if you like the item, it might be a good idea to buy enough to last a month or two, because they will not be there the next time you shop, but maybe the time after or the time after that.

Some really bulky Items (cases of toilet paper or paper towells) we get regularly as they are a good buy, but you have to have room to store stuff like that.

If you have never been to one, it is worth going to to see if it works for you, tag along with a friend and see if it is your thing. I do not recommend one over the other, but for us, Sam's has a slight edge, they have more items we want than Costco does, but the differences are small.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

I joined Costco when my husband needed some over the counter pills that Costco had under their own brand name for far less then anything available over the counter anywhere else. The savings for the one item was about $30. (Allergy pills).

Since then, we have had a membership. (A couple of years).

If a grocery story has something on special, they usually match or are less then the Costco price, but for everyday prices, Costco is less. Items on sale at Costco usually beat other places.

You have to buy larger quantities at Costco. To take advantage of food, you need to have a freezer, unless you have a large family. Their bakery is good in my opinion.  I've bought everything from pies, danish, meat, paper plates, frozen panko breaded tilapia, milk, peanut butter, tires for our car, fresh fruit, an office chair, bathroom mats/rugs, coffee (k-cups come to less then 50 cents each for a 80 count box), snow shoes, kleenex, tp, paper towels. I have heard one of their biggest sellers is TP.  I buy Costco brand multi-vitamins and read somewhere their price and quality is among the best. We generally can't get out of there for less then $100, and I see most people buying much larger quantities.  We go about once a month.

I have also heard that some people will go thru their samples to taste for lunch. Our Costco has a lunch counter, but that varies from store to store, and the huge hotdog with drink is ridiculously cheap, $1.50. We do not have a gas station at our local Costco, but I think they are going to put one in.  

So, if you work at it, you can definitely beat the Costco prices.

I'm a fan now of Costco,We went twice--you have to becareful not to spend too much money  lol,did you try the raw almonds,alomond butter,coconut oil,chocolate chips 1.6 kg for &7.99 and they are good! (51% chocolate.  I did want to try Liberty   greek yogert but couldn't ,it was to hot to get it and we live to far away to travel with that kind of stuff,when it's cooler I will try  the greek yogert fruit and veggies ,dairy product and meat.

I know you can get a meal from all the samples they somtimes serve.....I heard they serve those mostly in the weekends. I bought a big bottle garlic pills :) ......marrocan shampoo with argen oil :) I'm very impressed with the store.What did you mean to say by TP,did I miss something?

I'm going to make a list for the next time we go shopping :)

TP = toilet paper

I bring an insulated bag with ice packs. That doesn't help much when you have a long ride and frozen food, but it works for me with milk, and other refrigerated products, etc. It usually takes us 30 to 60 minutes to get home from Costco.