• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I don't watch them but if people want to watch them - so what.

A movie is a movie. A TV show is a TV show. They aren't real. If a person doesn't want to watch them for fear of demons, then that doesn't say much for that so-called "confident" Christian.

Have you ever experienced a demonic encounter?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Your Views On Horror Movies

It is one genre of movies that I dislike. I too have a deep, disturbing sense of evil when watching them. There's no purpose in these movies that seems to honor Christ to me.

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

I guess I am in the minority here because for me, I love horror movies. I always have. I don't care so much for the slasher movies with blood and gore. But I love a classic ghost story. The kind that make you jump when the person on the screen opens a door and hears a loud BANG!!! A few I have watched have been based on true events. These I truly like. In the end good over comes evil.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Use to love to watch horror movies, until two weeks ago, when I finally had nightmares; will in my case daymares, but I had some before but never took notice of them, but these 2 bad dreams had an extra evil presents to them, so don't watch them anymore.

But wonder how watching horror movies line up with Paul's statement to the Thessalonians.

Abstain from all appearance of evil.

I Thessalonians 5:22

Perhaps too there should be a differentiation between thrillers and horror movies?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

I don't watch them but if people want to watch them - so what.

A movie is a movie. A TV show is a TV show. They aren't real. If a person doesn't want to watch them for fear of demons, then that doesn't say much for that so-called "confident" Christian.

Your statement concerns me.  It is the lack of confidence one has in their walk, or is it Wisdom that they don't watch or enjoy evil movies?  We are what we feed ourselves, physically, mentally and spiritually. To ignore this is to ignore the call of Christ that separates us from the world.  It is not considered the lack of freedom to make the right choices in life, nor is it considered legalistic, but wise.

2 Corinthians 6:11-18

O Corinthians! We have spoken openly to you, our heart is wide open. You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted by your own affections. Now in return for the same (I speak as to children), you also be open.

Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

“I will dwell in them

And walk among them.

I will be their God,

And they shall be My people.”

Therefore

“Come out from among them

And be separate, says the Lord.

Do not touch what is unclean,

And I will receive you.”

“I will be a Father to you,

And you shall be My sons and daughters,

Says the Lord Almighty.”

Romans 12:1-2

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1980

Before you judge whether to watch a movies or not as a christian expecting Christ's soon return , ask these three question: 1. Does it glorify God? 2.Does it have a good lesson to teach you? 3. Who are the sets of people that are acting this type of movies? Asking and answering sincerely these questions, you will discover that horror movies has nothing good to offer, it can only mar and destroy.

Apart from this, ask yourself, how many good christian movies have you watched before you will now come to conclusion to watch horror movies? A reasonable person would not want to be feeding on good food and dust and still expect to be alright. Watch what you watch!

Before you judge whether to watch a movies or not as a christian expecting Christ's soon return , ask these three question: 1. Does it glorify God? 2.Does it have a good lesson to teach you? 3. Who are the sets of people that are acting this type of movies? Asking and answering sincerely these questions, you will discover that horror movies has nothing good to offer, it can only mar and destroy.

Apart from this, ask yourself, how many good christian movies have you watched before you will now come to conclusion to watch horror movies? A reasonable person would not want to be feeding on good food and dust and still expect to be alright. Watch what you watch!

These are good questions Kenny. Welcome to the forums btw.  :thumbsup: I liked this from the article originally posted by Nebula:

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/40404-avoiding-raunchy-movies-doesn-t-make-you-legalistic

Religion can come up with lists of dos and don'ts, but those lists don't deal with our hearts. If we are determined to glorify God in every area of our life, may these 10 questions help us evaluate entertainment in order to walk in a manner pleasing of the Lord: 

1. Is it beneficial—spiritually, mentally and physically—to me as a Christian? (1 Cor. 6:12)
  2. Can I do it in fullness of faith? If I doubt, better do without! (Rom. 14:23)
  3. Will it enslave me and bring me under its power? (1 Cor. 6:12)
  4. Does it glorify God? (1 Cor. 10:31)
  5. Is it good stewardship of time and/or money? (1 Cor. 4:2)
  6. Will it dull my spirit and cause me to lose my edge in God? (Rom. 12:11)
  7. Will it grieve (sadden) the Holy Spirit? (Eph. 4:30)
  8. Will it edify others? Does it seek their good? (1 Cor. 10:33)
  9. Is it worth imitating? (1 Cor. 11:1)
  10. Could it cause others to stumble? (Rom. 14:21)

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1994

The scariest thing that I have ever seen was "A Haunting" on the Discovery channel. The stories are dramatized and most likely exaggerated interpretations of true stories. One was about a house haunted by many child ghosts and a dad ghost. Most of the other ones were about a demon possessing a person or house. I've seen 3 all the way through. In a way I feel like I did learn something about ghosts/demons.

1. By my theory ghosts are the souls of dead people who can't accept the fact that they are dead, they reside in hell but Satan allows them to torment people in the physical world.

2. Demons are more powerful and are usually there because someone summoned them.

3. In the show, a psychic said that Demons feed off of our anger and fear, it makes them stronger.

4. Also, Demons can summon more Demons.

At the same time, I never want to watch another scary show or movie again.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

1. Does it glorify God? 2.Does it have a good lesson to teach you?

1. To answer the first question "does it glorify God. A lot of the true horror movies that I watch do in fact glorify the power of God. The ones I really like are ones that are based on true stories. In those types of movies a person of God is called in to help fight the evil. I went to see "The Conjuring" a few weeks ago. It is based on a true story. The man and wife couple who were called in to help the family rid their house of demon said to one another when they began to loss faith  "this is why God brought us together". For most of these movies (the ones that I like anyway) in the end, it shows that only the power of God can save them.

2. Does it have a good lesson to teach you?   Yes! These movies have taught me that it is so easy to let something in. To open the door to the dark side. I have never play around with a Ouija board or tried to contact the dead.  I have seen too many of these movies to know that that is how a door can be open.