MarkNigro

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Not at all. Jesus promised everlasting life just by faith in Him. I trust in His promise.

Is faith in Jesus simply reading and understanding and believing what is written about Him in the bible? Isn't it that faith in Jesus is between a believer and Jesus himself in His own way of living/existence and not between a believer and a bible?

Edited by Sanh

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Not at all. Jesus promised everlasting life just by faith in Him. I trust in His promise.

Is faith in Jesus simply reading and understanding and believing what is written about Him in the bible? Isn't it that faith in Jesus is between a believer and Jesus himself in His own way of living/existence and not between a believer and a bible?

hummm,  we agree more than I thought

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

That's what I've heard my entire life, but I disagree. As Jesus said "Not all who say to me 'Lord' 'Lord' shall enter the kingdom of heaven." In that same parable, it is clearly shown that refusal to apply the Gospel to your life will hinder your salvation, regardless whether you believe in the divinity of Christ.

That's what I've heard my entire life, but I disagree. As Jesus said "Not all who say to me 'Lord' 'Lord' shall enter the kingdom of heaven." In that same parable, it is clearly shown that refusal to apply the Gospel to your life will hinder your salvation, regardless whether you believe in the divinity of Christ.

Can you paste the part where refusal to apply the gospel to our life will hinder our salvation, is the gospel itself a requirement to our salvation? Isn't it that salvation is by and through Jesus alone?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3

Mark 7:21 is usually misunderstood.

Here is what Jesus Christ said.  So it is absolutely sure that all who believe in Jesus Christ the Lord have everlasting life.

John 3:14-18

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Here is the full passage that you took a verse out of context.

Matthew 7:21-23

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Notice in verse 21 it says, “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven.” It does not say, “Not everyone who believes on me.” So the verse you quoted does not even refute what I said.

Now look at verse 22. When these people hear this terrible news, they immediately list WORKS that they had done that should have given them merit. Notice they do not say, “Lord have we not believed on you.” So the passage you quoted does not even refute what I said.

Now the reason they are rejected is, because they trust in their own works, their faith does not count.

Romans 4:5

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Now in verse Matthew 7:21, Jesus Christ mentions “he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.” Jesus Christ tells us exactly the will of the Father in heaven in the following passage. Notice the will of the Father is to just believe on Jesus Christ as I have been saying. The people in the verse you quoted did not do this since their faith did not count because they trusted in their own works.

John 6:39-40

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Finally in verse Matthew 7:23, Jesus says “ye that work iniquity.” The reason is simple. The following passage shows that the only work of God for salvation is to believe on Jesus Christ.  Any other work for salvation is evil. Also since their faith does not count, none of their sins are forgiven.

John 6:28-29

28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

The verse you quote does not refute that all who believe in Jesus Christ are saved. It refutes what you believe, salvation by works.

In love, in Christ, in meekness,

Mark

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I have seen in a few posts that you say something about the bible not applying. I'd like to dig deeper into this with you for a better understanding on what you mean.

Scripture is the basis of what we accept and follow. When someone hears something, they are instructed to search the scripture to ensure what was heard is true or not. Though I fully believe in a personal relationship with Christ as the key to obedience, scripture will not send you down the wrong road. I have never seen the Holy Spirit direct me to do anything that cannot be backed up with scripture.

Perhaps I am missing your point. Can you expound on that more?

I agree with what you're saying. Although, repenting has different meanings for an unbeliever than a believer. For an unbeliever it means initial salvation and a believer repenting means daily sanctification.

Is repenting the only thing that a believer in Christ must have to undertake to maintain the salvation he/she received from God?

No, there's also praying, reading the Bible, finding a church, spreading the gospel, helping people. Staying close to the Word is very important. If you can think of anything else, lemme know. :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3

I agree with what you're saying. Although, repenting has different meanings for an unbeliever than a believer. For an unbeliever it means initial salvation and a believer repenting means daily sanctification.

Is repenting the only thing that a believer in Christ must have to undertake to maintain the salvation he/she received from God?

No, there's also praying, reading the Bible, finding a church, spreading the gospel, helping people. Staying close to the Word is very important. If you can think of anything else, lemme know. :)

Those are some very good things to do. However, they are not required for salvation or to maintain salvation.

Those are some very good things to do. However, they are not required for salvation or to maintain salvation.

That's true, because the work of salvation was completed at the cross.

Staying close to the Word, what exactly do you mean by that?

Edited by Sanh