MarkNigro

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

So, if someone who has the Holy Spirit does not do what they are suppose to be doing, dies, then they die in their sins and go to eternal death, not into eternal life.

But I was already forgiven of past/present/future sins at the cross when I accepted his salvation. It's not by my works that I've been saved. It's by his and his only. It's by his works and what he did on the cross. There is now no condemnation in Christ Jesus. Praise him! Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

The initial salvation is a gift from God.  Everything from that point on is a partnership between God and us.  I have asked others to show me where it states in scripture that our future sins are forgiven if we do not repent, which seems to be what you are saying.  Can you give me this scripture?  Where does is say that our past, present and future sins are forgiven at the moment of salvation?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I think you might be right on this. My apologies, I didn't really meditate on this scripture properly. I do have a question though. When Jesus says, "Depart from me"..is he expressing anger for the sins of believers, or is he speaking of the afterlife on judgment day. I don't think this is speaking of the afterlife. I think this specific scripture is about God's wrath and anger among his people. I might be wrong, but when a born again Christian dies with the Holy Spirit in them, Jesus will not be saying, "Depart from me".

Generally speaking, your/our "I/we think' or "I/we believe" is good should you/we confine same to your/our own mind and in your/our meditation at night try to come to Jesus personally and ask Him (Jesus) to teach you/us the genuine meaning of those passages in the bible you/we went over with in reading same.

With respect to "depart from me," please be reminded that the only time where all people, including those who pierced the body of the Lord Jesus, will see the Lord is only when Judgment Day comes to all of us, including the dead. It is only at this time where we can see the Lord thus that scenario of those who, in the judgment of the Lord, are workers of iniquity. Do not think that those days are days here on Earth, no those days are not. And since it is Judgment day, what do you think is that place where those workers of iniquity, according to the Lord, are exactly in? Why would those people reason out to the Lord in the defense of and in favor of themselves?

Edited by Sanh

The initial salvation is a gift from God.  Everything from that point on is a partnership between God and us.  I have asked others to show me where it states in scripture that our future sins are forgiven if we do not repent, which seems to be what you are saying.  Can you give me this scripture?  Where does is say that our past, present and future sins are forgiven at the moment of salvation?

That's right. salvation is conditional thus the need for all of us to maintain with us that salvation given to us by the LORD,  not by the bible. How? As you said, from that day (we were given salvation) onward, everything will be a partnership between us and God. The Lord God will be our Teacher and it is by following continuously all the things that the LORD, not the bible, will ask of us to do that we will be able to maintain with us the salvation given to us, no other way.

Edited by Sanh

I agree with what you're saying. Although, repenting has different meanings for an unbeliever than a believer. For an unbeliever it means initial salvation and a believer repenting means daily sanctification. The born again Christian was bought at a price, bought with the blood of Christ. His blood covers your sins forever because of what he did on the cross. Hebrews 9:12 he entered once for all into the holy places, not by means of the blood of goats and calves but by means of his own blood, thus securing an eternal redemption. Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins. John 1:29 The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from ALL SIN. 1 Corinthians 6:20 for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Keep in mind that there are two destinations on judgment day, the Bema Seat of Christ for believers and the Great White Throne for unbelievers. When believers are standing before God at the Bema Seat, Jesus does not count our sins, rather we will receive rewards in regards to what we did in the body here on earth. Our sins were forgiven at the cross when we accepted Jesus into our hearts here on this old earth. Unbelievers on the other hand have already been condemned because of their unbelief in Jesus Christ. John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

I agree with what you're saying. Although, repenting has different meanings for an unbeliever than a believer. For an unbeliever it means initial salvation and a believer repenting means daily sanctification.

Is repenting the only thing that a believer in Christ must have to undertake to maintain the salvation he/she received from God?

Edited by Sanh

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,319
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Matt 7:20-23

21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord ,' will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. 22 "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord , did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.'  

NASB

so,  are you going to tell me these people didn't believe???

Actually, those people believed the Lord via their scripture, they were scriptural believers who were using the name of the Lord in casting out demons, try to observe before your very eyes and your led/lcd television screen various/divisive religious denominations today performing such act of casting out of demons and their so called miracle healing using the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, they are now everywhere around the globe.

that's the point I've been dealing with in teaching all a person has to do is believe to be saved.....   taking a handful of verses without really defining what a person believes and to what depth can send people to hell

that's the point I've been dealing with in teaching all a person has to do is believe to be saved.....   taking a handful of verses without really defining what a person believes and to what depth can send people to hell

Only the Lord Jesus himself can teach us the truth with respect to biblical passages, all what we have now with us are only our opinions which we have to confine to ourselves if we want not to be a vessel of sending our fellow to hell.

Edited by Sanh

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3

Matt 7:20-23

21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord ,' will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. 22 "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord , did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.'  

NASB

so,  are you going to tell me these people didn't believe???

Actually, those people believed the Lord via their scripture, they were scriptural believers who were using the name of the Lord in casting out demons, try to observe before your very eyes and your led/lcd television screen various/divisive religious denominations today performing such act of casting out of demons and their so called miracle healing using the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, they are now everywhere around the globe.

There are probably over 200 verses that declare that the only thing that is needed to be saved is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood. 

The scripture does define what it means to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

To believe on the Lord Jesus Christ is to believe on who He is, what He did, and to trust in what He has promised.

You must believe that Jesus Christ is God Almighty who took on flesh.

John 8:24, 58

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

John 20:28-29

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Romans 10:9

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:3

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

You must believe in what Jesus Christ did. The Lord Jesus Christ shed His holy blood on the cross as the payment for ours sins, He was buried, and rose again the third day.

Romans 1:15-17

15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Romans 3:21-26

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Finally you must believe what Jesus Christ has promised – everlasting life just by faith in Him.

John 3:14-18

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 6:47

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

John 11:25-26

25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Thus you must believe the truth about Jesus Christ - God who shed His blood to pay for our sins, was buried, and rose again the third day.

There is a false faith that does not count.

Paul, the apostle of the Gentiles, wrote the following:

Romans 4:5

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

That is a person who tries to earn salvation through works or merit denies Christ's sacrifice on the cross.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,319
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

There are probably over 200 verses that declare that the only thing that is needed to be saved is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood. 

To believe on the Lord Jesus Christ is to believe on who He is, what He did, and to trust in what He has promised.

what does trusting in what he has promised mean?    Does that have anything to do with how you lead your life?

I've given you a very distinct group of people who "believed" they were ok and Jesus rejected them for the way they were living.  When you leave that part out it is very dangerous.  Your 200 places don't seem to agree with the rest of the book, and that's the reason

i suggested that the Greek words translated belief may well have more deeper meanings than the translated English word "believe".

living a holy life will not save a person. only Jesus will/can do that, but he has told us that he will not if you live a life of iniquity.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3

what does trusting in what he has promised mean?    Does that have anything to do with how you lead your life?

Not at all. Jesus promised everlasting life just by faith in Him. I trust in His promise.